Chapter 71: Where it all began (II)
1.3k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 71: Where it all began (II)


...

"As I was saying before getting interrupted, I will always remember the day I met Thanatos-Sama! It all began one day at the Chirule Kingdom. I and my group were simple vagabonds that used to live on the street, and we did our best to survive without doing anything bad like killing or beating civilians for money. However, there were harsh times when even those acts became a necessity to us, as it was the only way to eat something on the day. Even then, we all tried to do our best to live according to our moral compasses, and although we could repeatedly fight against other gangs in the city, we were still happy... At least until that day."

Everyone flinched at Kuent's change of expression, after all, Kuent wasn't the type of person that could be sad about something besides failing to Sid, or at least, that was what they thought.

"One day my most cherished brother got caught in an argument with a noble of the Kingdom, and in the process, the noble shot him with a gun and killed him without a second thought... After hearing the news, we were enraged, and soon, my gang, and many other allied gangs moved at a rapid pace to start a rebellion against the nobles. However, as expected, we were overwhelmed by the soldiers of the Kingdom, who not only had good training in combat but also possessed better weapons than us. Most of the people there managed to escape, except me at least. I was sentenced immediately to execution due to rebelling against the nobles... But when I was about to have my head decapitated... He appeared..."

°

°

°

Flashback

...

In the middle of the main plaza, many people looked with complicated expressions at the man kneeling on the execution platform. Some looked at him with arrogance, while others looked at him with pity. 

The man in question was looking at the air with a blank expression on his face, as he already knew that there was no more hope for him to survive. He had done what he could to avenge his dead brother, but even then, it has been futile... However, As he was about to give up on his life, he suddenly turned to look at a certain group of people who were looking at him with grinning expressions, and had a vein appear on his forehead before he gritted his teeth with great strength, to the point where they were almost shattered.

These people looking at his misfortune with delight were none other than the Nobles of this Kingdom. They were expectant on seeing one of the fools that decided to rebel against them die.

"You fuckeeeeers!!!!"

In a fit of rage, the man stood up from the execution platform and tried to dash towards the group ready to kill at least one of them before getting executed. Unfortunately, he was rapidly pinned down by the nearby guards that rapidly immobilized him and brought him back to the execution platform.

Unable to do anything else, he teared up as he started cursing his own weakness before he saw the guards start preparing their swords to strike him.

"Begin!" Soon, the one who seemed to be the leader of the guards shouted in a loud voice and looked at the guards on the execution platform before nodding his head to them.

Right when the blade was about to fall upon his neck, suddenly one of the people from the nobles' group raised his hand and stopped the execution.

"Your name was Kuent, right? Tell me, peasant, where did all your companions escape to? If you answer me correctly, I might grant you a spot on my personal guard squad. I know that bastards like you who are from the streets could not hesitate to abandon their friends and familiars if there was money in between, so be honest to yourself and tell me"

*Ptu!*

Using all the strength he had left, Kuent spat with extreme precision into the noble's eye and caused him to fall on his buttocks due to the recoil.

"Aaaaaaaaaaah!! My eye, his saliva touched my eye!! I'm going to contract an illness!!! Kill him, KILL HIIIIIIM!!!" The noble exploded into a fit of rage and commanded with extreme rage at the guards who looked speechlessly at the situation before they then decided to follow the orders of the noble right away.

Finally, the blades of the guards' swords finally descended upon Kuent's neck and moved with an incredibly rapid pace that was sure to cut his neck in half in one go.

But just as they were mere millimeters away from hitting his neck, suddenly both blades got severed apart and fell helplessly to the ground.

"What is-?" The noble, who saw this with a speechless expression, was about to ask angrily why were the weapons in such a bad condition. But right as he was about to do it, suddenly one of the guards standing next to him moved rapidly the blade on his waist and decapitated in one go the pretentious Noble.

When everyone noticed what had happened, they turned to look at the Guard's face, and noticed that there was a skull-like mask covering his face! 

"Who are you?! Stay away from the Nobles!!" The guards soon took a defensive position and moved directly towards the group of nobles in order to protect them from any harm.

Unfortunately, right when this happened, suddenly the mysterious person took a step forward, and an enormous wave of a mysterious power expanded through the whole plaza. Knocking everyone unconscious right away, except from one person.

"Who are you...?" Kuent, who was looking speechlessly at this demonstration of power, turned to look at the person that had suddenly arrived at this place, and wondered what his purpose was, and why was he the only one left conscious.

At that moment, the man suddenly moved his sword rapidly, and cut the handcuffs immobilizing Kuent in half in just the blink of an eye. After that, he suddenly extended his hand forward and offered a handshake to Kuent.

Just as Kuent was about to ask him what was going on, the deep voice of the man echoed on his ears and surprised him immensely.

"Oh, poor tormented soul... Do you wish for more power?"

Kuent eyes widened at the question, and an immensely respectful feeling emerged in his heart. He remembered all those moments when he lost someone in the rebellion because of his own powerlessness and gritted his teeth angrily before he yelled in a determined tone.

"Yes, I want more power!"

Flashback End

...

°

°

°

"And that was how I met Thanatos-sama! After that, he taught me to fight and made me stronger than I ever was. I also learned that fighting wasn't always the answer to everything and that if I wanted to dethrone the nobles, I might as well do it by their own means! Smashing them and making them kneel in front of my influential power!!"

"And after that what happened?" Yasu, who was still a bit drunk, asked curiously while wondering what did he manage to accomplish after Sid helped him. And unexpectedly, after Hearing Kuent's next words, even with his thug-like appearance, Kuent seemed much more reliable than what they thought he was until now.

"After that, I expanded the influence of the lower world, and slowly but surely I have been taking control of several noble households who got into debt with us after using our services. Now, without the King even aware, more than half of his Kingdom is now directly under my control... But seeing that I'm still far from reaching perfection as a leader when I take over the whole Kingdom I want to give it to Thanatos-sama, as he will probably be an incredibly better leader than I could ever be..." After hearing Kuent's words, Kuina flinched slightly and had her eyebrows twitch a bit when hearing Kuent praise Sid so much without even knowing how he was really. But either way, maybe he was indeed a good option to designate as the next ruler of that Kingdom, so she just stayed silent and waited for the next person to speak.

"Well, I guess it's my turn now, right?" Hiriluk, who saw that everyone was watching towards him, nodded a bit before he started laughing a bit seeing all of their curious glances.

Hiriluk then smiled a bit and recalled all those moments he spent at Drum island with a gentle expression on his face.

"It all began with a small reindeer..."

...


Part two of this small arc! Was taking over the Kingdom part of Sid's plan all along? Or maybe he has something even greater in mind?

Discover it in the next chapters!

See you later guys!

26