Chapter 75: Unexpected meeting
1.4k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 75: Unexpected meeting


...

"It's the bad-eyed Pirates!! Attack!!"

""Yes!!""

In the middle of the ocean, many marines moved back and forth preparing the cannons to attack a nearby pirate ship that had the logo of an angry-looking skull on its flag. But even when the pirates didn't have cannons in their ship, they still defended themselves quite fiercely.

Many marines fell rapidly during the fight against these pirates, and in the middle of one of these defeated marines, was the seemingly average youth with frowning problems, Sid.

He was currently lying down on a rather abnormally big pool of his own blood. Apparently, when one of the pirates punched him, somehow it managed to cut his stomach as well and ended up making Sid fall unconscious. Yeah, with a punch.

"Sid!!! I will avenge you!! At the other side of the battle, Aveir looked at his defeated companion with an extremely shocked and enraged expression. Before he then charged towards the enemy and started beating down all his opponents with fierceness evident on his fists.

The battle was long and tiring, but after many hours passed, the Marines finally rose to victory after defeating all the pirates.

Aveir, who had cuts and wounds everywhere around his body, sighed in exhaustion and smiled in satisfaction after seeing that the pirates had been completely defeated.

"Hahaha, it seems like we somehow did it, Sid! Good job ther- Eh...?! Sid, you are fine?!" Aveir, who was looking at the sinking pirate ship with a smile on his face, turned to look at the average-looking young man standing next to him with a shocked expression on his face, as he saw him fall almost completely dead in the middle of the battle.

"Of course I'm fine. Why the heck do you ask something so obvious...?" Sid looked at him with a dumbfounded expression, before he then walked towards a nearby chair and closed his eyes to take a nap.

"But I saw you die!!"

"You must have confused me with someone else, I was perfectly fine fighting on the other side of the battlefield" (It was actually him over-acting his mob role, and probably taking a nap)

During these pasts days since he was assigned to Sabaody Archipelago, he had been calculating everything for the new model of the clones' chip and studying once again many topics so that he wouldn't forget anything when the time came. He had also been to start preparing a few other things, to start with his most important project until now, be it contacting people here and there, and even buying several types of materials while no one is watching him. All this had ultimately taken a lot of his sleeping time, and thus, made him feel very sleepy the past few days.

Who said being a Shadow Eminence was all glory and power?

Thus, every once in a while, Sid has been taking small naps when no one notices in order to recover his energies properly, so that he can be in top condition when the Sabaody Archipelago event begins. And currently, he and Aveir were being taken towards Sabaody Archipelago slowly but surely, furthermore, according to his calculations, they should arrive at Sabaody Archipelago in at least three more days... So there was still some time for him to rest properly.

*Cling cling*

"Open the cells! We are carrying the prisoners!!"

A few meters away from Sid and Aveir, a group of marines was taking the chained pirates that they defeated towards their cells. Two prisoners to be exact, and to be more precise, the captain and the vice-captain of the Bad-eyed pirates.

'So noisy...' Sid's eyebrows twitched a bit after hearing all that commotion that interrupted his nap, thus with a bit of annoyance, and maybe even some curiosity, he opened his eyes to see what was happening, and how did the pirates they had defeated look like.

After all, he didn't really pay attention to the pirates since he wanted to sleep a bit. So he just ignored most of their faces and took a nap in the middle of the battlefield while no one was watching him.

However, when his eyes moved towards the faces of the two prisoners that the marines were carrying, his eyes widened enormously for a moment before his face stiffened immediately.

Aveir, who noticed the change in Sid's expression turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow and grabbed his shoulder out of concern.

"What happened Sid? It's something wro-?"

However, when Aveir turned to look at the prisoners as well, his face also stiffened almost instantly and his eyes bulged enormously.

The marines carrying the prisoners also had their faces stiffened when they saw Sid looking at them.

And of course, the prisoners who had a sulky face until now after having their crew defeated, also had their expressions stiffen immediately when they saw Sid.

One of them, and the captain of the Bad-eyed pirates, was a black-haired middle-aged man of reddish-brown colored eyes that had a very pronounced frown on his face, and that was looking at Sid with completely wide eyes despite the fact that he also had a frown on his face...

The other prisoner was a black-haired- middle-aged woman of reddish-brown colored eyes as well, but that unlike the man next to her, had no frown or whatsoever on her face, and instead had an incredibly surprised expression on her face while looking at Sid.

The marines surrounding the area turned to look back and forth between the two prisoners and Sid with bulging eyes. They were utterly shocked! It was simply too much to be a coincidence, right?

"..."

""...""

Both parties looked at each other in silence, while Sid's frown grew deeper and deeper with every second he glanced at the face of the pirates in front of him.

Finally, both prisoners opened their mouths and looked at Sid with teary eyes and a wide smile on their faces.

The first one to speak was the man.

"My long lost son...!!! Err..."

The woman, who saw the man stop talking so suddenly, elbowed him discretely and muttered something in a low voice right into the man's ear.

"His name was Sid... I told you"

"Sid! Yeah, my long-lost son Sid!! Is it maybe destiny that has finally reunited us at this moment?"

The man kneeled in front of Sid and took a dramatic pose as if he was extremely touched to be in his presence before he soon grabbed Sid's feet and started looking at him with a teary expression on his face.

"Sid!! Your precious father and mother have been captured, you need to help us!!"

"..." Sid simply looked at him with a dumbfounded expression, before he then noticed someone touch his shoulder out of nowhere.

"Do you know them, Sid?" Aveir appeared behind him and raised an eyebrow while looking curiously at the strange familiar reunion.

Sid simply raised an eyebrow for a moment, before he then shook his head and yawned boringly while looking at them.

"Never seen them in my entire life"

°

°

°

A few hours later...

Sid entered his cabin and sat on the bed before he then started looking at his watch with a troublesome expression.

He had actually seen those people from before. However, not in this world.

They looked exactly like his parents from his previous life. Maybe a bit older, but that was to be expected. However, somehow he knew that they weren't the parents he knew, but rather, the parents of the Sid that was born in this world.

Thus, they were his biological parents. But also the scoundrels that decided to abandon him right away, not even a day after he was born. So in a way, he didn't care that much about them.

That much... that is.

It was certainly very unpleasant to see the faces of his parents getting captured and imprisoned. Even if he knew that they were not the ones he knew. But patience and perseverance were a crucial part of becoming a Shadow Eminence. So he decided to just let the matter go, and continue doing his thing.

Unfortunately for him, perseverance seemed to be something that was on the family... And to a crazy degree as well...

"Sooooooon~ Oh my sooooooon~ Please come help your parents...~"A lame shout came from the room where the cells were and startled everyone in the ship, including Sid of course.

"Ugh... Can't they just stay quiet?" Sid massaged his eyebrows with an exasperated expression and then decided to take a nap for the time being as he was too tired to give a fuck about them right now.

They might be perseverant, but Sid was not someone you could challenge in perseverance. He had after all, already reached the realm of insanity in that aspect.

And if his wish was to sleep... Then probably no one could stop him from doing so.

Unfortunately for the rest of the Ship, no one there was as perseverant as him.

"Soooooooon~ Where are you~?"

The screams of pain and fury soon arrived after everyone in the ship reached the limit of their patience... Sid on the other hand kept sleeping peacefully recovering some of his lost energy.

...


:O Sid's real parents finally appear! Who could have predicted it?

They are not going to be that much of an important asset in the story (as far as I have planned) but will just appear here and there to make things a bit more fun.

What's more epic than having two pirate parents that seem to barely care about you, but still act like they care every time you met them? I don't know really...

Anyway, that's all for now.

Bye bye

 

 

32