Chapter 84: Main act (V)
1.8k 10 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 84: Main act (V)


...

"You are truly crazy... Do you know what have you just done?!" Akainu, who had no time to react in time to save the Tenryuubitos, watched in shock as the heads of the three of them fell to the ground, followed then by their lifeless body.

"I'm just disposing of what needs to be disposed of, no need to make such a ruckus about it. No one will remember them anyways... Now, why don't both of you come at me now that I have already committed such a heavy crime?"

Kizaru didn't say anything, but still prepared himself to fight, while Akainu simply gritted his teeth in anger and transformed both of his arms into lava.

Both of them knew that this wasn't an easy opponent, Kizaru had faced one of his subordinates in the past, and although the battle was pretty even, in the end, he was beaten up pretty badly. Akainu, on the other hand, faced the very Thanatos on his own. It was to say, he was beaten up pretty badly in that one-sided battle.

Thus, knowing how dangerous this opponent was going to be, both of them decided to go all out from the very start. Even if for Kizaru this meant opening some of his wounds in the process, he couldn't afford to pay attention to them in a battle against such a dangerous man.

"You will regret that arrogance you have!! You may have been able to defeat me alone, but facing two admirals too much even for you!!"

With a battle roar, Akainu pounced upon Thanatos and brought down his giant fist of lava. Hoping that maybe, this time he could manage to hit him.

*Boom!!!*

Akainu's fist created an enormous shockwave due to the enormous momentum it had. However, even with such power, Thanatos blocked it with his sword easily as if he was blocking the attack of a practice sword or so.

*Shiiiiing...!!*

Suddenly from the side appeared Kizaru, who immediately sent an incredibly rapid kick towards Thanatos face, thinking that now that he was busy blocking Akainu's attack he could not block his kick.

However, as if he had always been expecting this, soon Thanatos' leg moved rapidly towards Kizaru's and blocked it with his own kick. This soon created an enormous shockwave that sent Kizaru flying several meters away, while Thanatos seemingly unaffected by the laws of physics remained standing in the same place.

Akainu tried to attack once more but was soon met with a heavy knee right on his lungs that took out all the air in them due to the power behind the attack.

*Bam!!!*

"Argh...!"

Akainu maintained his composure and once again tried attacking Thanatos by using his fists of lava, this time sending one of his punches flying in his direction without any type of warning.

This time, Thanatos dodged the attack by crouching down and then started rummaging through his robes before then taking out two strange-looking guns from inside them. However, unlike most guns in this world, these two looked a lot more like grappling guns than real guns.

Akainu immediately knew what kind of guns these were as a certain memory of the combat against Thanatos passed by his mind. His whole body tensed up and soon he knew that he couldn't allow himself to be touched by any of these guns shots.

"It seems you remember it. Yes, I transformed the Devil Fruit destroyer into a gun, I still have some of the previous versions, but shooting them is certainly a lot more comfortable than stabbing it on your body on my own"

"You pirate filth... I've had enough of you!!!"

[Ryusei Kazan!!]

From one moment to another, Akainu suddenly started firing multiple shots of lava towards the sky. Thanatos, who was standing a few meters away from him, simply looked at the sky with a calm expression on his face while nodding slightly for some reason.

"Now, Borsalino!!"

"Yes, yes~"

Suddenly from behind Thanatos appeared Kizaru, who had a bit of blood going down from his face. It seemed like the clash of kicks against Thanatos had not ended well for him. Soon, Kizaru jumped high into the air and crossed his arms in a majestic way. Suddenly, from his hands, dozens if not hundreds of rays of light started being shot towards Thanatos, who simply dodged them or blocked them with his sword.

However, the attack didn't stop there.

While Kizaru continued barraging Thanatos with his attacks, soon several giant lava fists started raining from the sky, every one of them going in the direction of Thanatos, who also noticed it.

He was now being barraged by hundreds of incredibly fast rays of light every second, and dozens of Giant lava-fists also rained upon him, destroying the whole area in the process.

Soon, with the attack of both Admirals together, the whole area became a wasteland. The only thing that remained was the giant dust cloud on the place where Thanatos had been defending himself a few seconds ago.

Both Kizaru and Akainu were extremely tired. Each of them had been continuously firing attacks without rest, hoping that Thanatos would sooner or later get overwhelmed by the enormous amount of attacks, and finally, they had reached their limits.

None of them talked, they were too tired to do so, and they had to continue paying attention to the center of the dust cloud in case that Thanatos would emerge from it at any moment.

However, soon as the dust cloud dispersed, both of their eyes widened enormously, as they noticed that there was no one standing there.

*Tap*

Suddenly, Kizaru felt something touch his back, but before he could even move away, the voice of Thanatos reached his ears.

"Bang"

*Tchk!*

"Aaaargh...!!!"Β 

Kizaru fell to his knees and felt a horrible pain in his back. Something had pierced it and entered his body... Shocked about the fact that he had been attacked without noticing, Kizaru immediately tried moving away towards a more secure place using his light powers, however, he was soon met with the fact that he couldn't access his powers, no matter how hard he tried... Furthermore, his body seemed to have lost all its power from one moment to another.

"Borsalino! Fucking Pirate scum...!" Akainu tried moving towards them in order to help Kizary but was soon met with an incredibly powerful kick in the face which made him unconscious for a few seconds due to the amount of damage it had caused.

Akainu flew away and crashed several times with the mangroves, going through many of them continuously due to the enormous power behind Thanatos' kick, until finally, his movement came to a stop when he crashed against the ground one last time.

In the blink of an eye, Thanatos appeared beside him and crouched next to him with the same apathetic look in his eyes as always.

"You did a good job these few months, I'll have to thank you for that. Not only were you unable to defend Marineford, but you were also defeated twice. The Marine's confidence in you is probably rock bottom right now..."

*Tchk!*

"Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!"

As Thanatos pierced the leg of the defeated Akainu with one of his Devil-fruit Destroyers, soon the face of the Admiral twisted in pain, and he couldn't help to scream after feeling the dangerous weapon enter his body and render him useless once again.

"I'll make sure to hunt you down, even if it's the last thing I do in my life!" Akainu gritted his teeth in anger and looked at Thanatos with bloodshot eyes. With raged breaths and fuming sounds coming out from time to time from Akainu's mouth, soon he grabbed Thanatos' neck, and tried to squeeze it with the last bits of strength he had. However, due to his blurry vision, he had not noticed in the slightest that Thanatos' body was completely covered in a thick and sturdy dark-blue armor, which made it impossible for him to squeeze it with the last bits of strength he had.

Due to the joint attack of Kizaru and Akainu, Thanatos' robes were completely gone now, and only his armor and robotic mask were left untouched, probably due to the material they were done with.

As Akainu continued trying to squeeze Thanatos' neck, suddenly the latter slapped his face and knocked him away.

Akainu was completely baffled. He had never been slapped, even less after becoming the feared Admiral he was now... Yet, this excuse of a pirate actually dared to slap him?!

His whole pride had been wounded from one moment to another. However, he had no time to remain indignant, as Thanatos' words soon made his blood run cold.

"Now that my main objective has been accomplished, the only thing that's left is... To take your devil fruits with me..."

Akainu eyes were immediately filled with shock. Didn't what Thanatos say mean that he was going to kill him?!

He did not fear death, but it was not something wonderful either for him to die at the hands of the man he hated so much.

However, Thanatos' next words confused him.

"I've yet to test whether this technique works or not... In the worst case, you will die. So don't worry..."

'Technique? What does this scum mean?'

However, before he could question anything any further, Thanatos placed his hand on his head, and Akainu felt his whole body lose consciousness.

And so did Thanatos...

Β°

Β°

Β°

-Sid's POV:

...

Soon, I awoke in a very dark place. I couldn't see my body, nor hear my voice... I was alone...

The last thing I did was... Yeah, I used that technique that I came up with during one of my nights of investigation...

Did I fail...?

No, it could be called a success, after all...

[πš†πš‘πš˜ πšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞?]

... I was inside Akainu's consciousness and body. Well, to be exact, my spirit and willpower were, my body was still outside in the real world.

"Damn, it is certainly a bit stressful to enter someone else's consciousness... It's like I'm trying to get destroyed at every moment by Akainu's consciousness. However, it's probably some kind of automatic function that everybody's consciousness has..."

[π™³πš˜ πš—πš˜πš πšπšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš’πšπš—πš˜πš›πšŽ πš–πšŽ, πš‘πšžπš–πšŠπš—. 𝙸 πš πš’πš•πš• πš›πšŽπš™πšŽπšŠπš πš’πš πš˜πš—πšŽ πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ πšπš’πš–πšŽ... πš†πš‘πš˜ πšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞?]

How was I so sure that I was inside Akainu's consciousness...? Well, the guy in front of me was the proof of that.

A giant humanoid form with enormous horns on both sides of its head was standing a few meters away from me, he looked pretty much like a demon... And to be exact... a Devil...

His whole body had its veins exposed. However, unlike normal veins, his were a bit more special as they seemed to be filled with lava instead of blood. Furthermore, his whole body seemed to be in a liquid state and was constantly releasing smoke...Β 

[π™Έπš—πšœπš˜πš•πšŽπš—πš πš‘πšžπš–πšŠπš—, 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπšŒπšπšžπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πšπšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš’πš—πšŸπšŠπšπšŽ πš–πš’ πšπš˜πš–πšŠπš’πš—πšœ... π™°πš—πš πšŽπšŸπšŽπš— πš’πšπš—πš˜πš›πšŽ πš–πšŽ?! 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 πš‘πšŠπš πšŽπš—πš˜πšžπšπš‘ 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πš’πšœ, πš™πšŽπš›πš’πšœπš‘!!]

Yes, this guy was...

*Boooooom!!!*Β 

[𝙸-πš’πš–πš™πš˜πšœπšœπš’πš‹πš•πšŽ!]

The Devil from the Magu Magu no mi...

[π™·πš˜πš  πšŒπšŠπš— 𝚊 πšœπš’πš–πš™πš•πšŽ πš‘πšžπš–πšŠπš— πšœπšπš˜πš™ πš–πš’ πš™πš˜πš πšŽπš›? 𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšŠπš›πšŽ πšœπš’πš–πš™πš•πš’ 𝚊 πš‘πšžπš–πšŠπš—'𝚜 πšŒπš˜πš—πšŒπš’πš˜πšžπšœπš—πšŽπšœπšœ... π™·πš˜πš  πšŒπšŠπš— 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš‘πšŽπš›πš πšœπšžπšŒπš‘ πš™πš›πšŽπšœπšžπš›πšŽ πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπš’πš›πšœπš πš™πš•πšŠπšŒπšŽ?!]

And the guy whom I personally came to take away...

...


I swear Oda if you suddenly say that there are not actually devils inside the devil fruits, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Anyway, leaving my author issues aside, what did you guys think about Arcane? I saw it the other day and it was pretty epic. Even more so now that tomorrow there will be three more chapters!

Maybe you don't even know what I'm talking about. lol

Anyway, that's all for today. Byebye.

31