Transmigrated (Part 1)
2.1k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
There was a loud knock on the door. An old woman was busy cursing and scolding.
 
"Why are you not woke up yet? Who's going to cook breakfast? Don't use Second Son's injury as an excuse! Xue Yu, get up!!"
 
From his blurry view, Jing Chen saw a thin man changed the bandages on his head hurriedly before got out of the door. Two children were sitting on the other bed. They looked identical, both had hollow cheeks and thin bodies. They were chewing their sleeves hungrily. This picture will break anyone's heart, especially Jing Chen who was an orphan and had a hard time in his previous life.
 
It's been a week since he woke up and find out that he was transmigrated to the ancient world. He remembers he had an accident, someone sabotaged his car and sent him off the cliff. He had his own food business before and he sold it to a bigger company. The big boss of the company wanted him to stay and managed the food business, but a few people were not pleased with this. He knew it all along. They were celebrating their newest snack launch that night and he was forced to drunk a lot. 
 
He regretted that he died without a will.
There was an orphanage in the south country town where he spent most of his youth in. Half of his hard work was always for those children. He sent them a large sum of money when he sold his business, but it was a pity he couldn't spend the rest of his money on them after his death. He didn't have any relatives, family, or partner. He didn't know who will get his money. He hoped his lawyer will take care of it properly.
 
Speaking of this body he currently occupied, he had the original owner previous memories which told him they had the same name, same appearance, same temperament, same expression, and their passion to help people was very similar. It's like they had the same soul, like the original owner of this body was him in another world. However, the original owner blind kindness toward his family was something Jing Chen won't do. Why? Because they were so terrible toward the original owner. It's fine if they squeezed him once or twice with the 'filial piety' terms, but did it for years? Jing Chen won't endure it anymore. No wonder the original owner body died with grief, this grief was still embedded deep into this body's heart.
 
The original owner regretted so much that he couldn't give his children and wife a better life. He regretted his years in the military and years of working on the field for his parents, yet when he had accident and in coma for five months they couldn't spend some money to call a doctor for him. It was his wife who searched for any medicine herbs in the mountain. It was his wife who begged and endured hard work every day so he could have food. At night, the wife only ate boiled wild vegetable and water to fill his stomach, while the bowl of rice porridge given to him and the children.
 
This is simply inhumane, okay!!
 
The original owner's wife was a man who can give birth. It was one thing that shocked Jing Chen about this ancient world. They were called ger. They had a cinnabar mole between their eyebrows. They were stronger than a woman but weaker than a man, less fertile and can't breastfeed. They were quite rare. The ratio between man, woman, and ger in this world is 5:4:1. Ger were looked down upon because of their nature. A man will only marry ger when they can't get a woman. Some people thought ger brought bad luck, so it's not strange for some parents to sell their children if they were born ger.
 
The original owner was forced to marry his wife, but he didn't hate him. He was not a prejudiced person, so he didn't hate their children although they were gers. He felt pity and responsible for them instead. For the original owner, the children and wife were innocent. Was it their fault they were born gers?
 
Some nights when they didn't have anything to eat, the original owner secretly gave them candies and dried fruits. Although the original owner never defended his wife while his mother scolding and cursing them, he never hit his wife or spoke to him harshly. He never blamed his wife, he blamed himself instead. This attitude can already be considered as blessing for gers in this ancient world, how many men outside willing to treat their ger like this? This is why the original owner wife was very willing and obedient towards him. Though he knew the original owner didn't have him in his heart.

Hello everyone, thanks for reading! I'll put some notes here to avoid any confusion.
 
- Filial Pietyis the honor and respect children show their parents, grandparents, and elderly relatives (source: rgj.com). Basically, as a child you had to be obedient to your parents & never object anything they wanted you to do. It is a big deal in ancient china. You can get kick out of the village if you aren't filial to your parents.
 
17