Chapter 2: I’d rather be dead.
63 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Is that you, mommy?”

My eyes jolt open at the sound of Dillan’s voice. Thank god, my worries are unfounded: I didn’t book a one-night stay at a hotel with Dillan yesterday under the influence of strange narcotics. Looking around the white-colored room, I see the familiar faces of all of my classmates, but there is no sign of Dillan’s mother. Suddenly, a pleasant voice rings in my ear as my attention is drawn to a certain figure in the room.

“Greetings children of Earth, I am what you all would consider ‘god.’ As I have no real ‘true form,’ I have decided to take on the shape of what you desire most. Hopefully, my appearance is to your liking. Some of you may be wondering where you are, how you got here, and what is happening; fortunately, I can answer these questions. To summarize your situation, a one-way interdimensional portal opened in your classroom, and you are all currently at a pit stop of sorts. Your current destination is another world, and there is no way for you to turn around.” 

Let’s gooooooooooooooooo! It’s the classic isekai plotline: a group of heroes is transported to another world to defeat the evil demon king and restore peace to the world using their newfound magical powers.

“Sadly, the world you are being transported to is one filled with magical beings and gruesome monsters. However, worry not, for I shall bestow upon you useful abilities for surviving in this world. Unfortunately, not everyone deserves to wield such powers. So…”

This is it, boys. This is the moment my epic begins. This is my rebirth. This is my destiny. This is…

“... I have decided to distribute these powers based on these letters of recommendation given to me by your teacher. It was very kind of her to put in all the effort required to write these letters, so make sure to thank her later.”

Wait. No.

“Don’t worry class, I’m confident that these letters are an accurate, holistic representation of your character, your personal history, and your potential future accomplishments. Remember, I had no reason to lie in these letters, as it would only hurt you if I wasn’t completely honest. It would also be unfair to those of you with superior characters if I judged everyone to be equals. In the future, you’ll thank me.”

NO.

“Thank you for your inspiring words, teacher. Now, could ‘Dillan’ please come here to receive his magical contract?”

This can’t be real.

“Why thank you, otherworldly-being of a higher dimension.”

“You’re welcome, young hero. I hope you enjoy your super-speed, Herculean strength, abundant mana, natural affinity for all weapons in existence, magical storage, appraisal skill…”

I have to be dreaming. Is this ‘karma?’ No, that’s stupid. This is purely a coincidence. God’s just messing with me. There’s no way a loser like Dillan would get all these powers.

“Hey, I can read minds now; so, whoever said I was ‘loser’ needs to apologize right now.”

Sometime later

“Cloud and Rain, I would like to have a word with you before I give you your contracts. Based on what I have heard from your teacher, you two simply do not deserve any powers whatsoever. However, as a divine and all-loving being, I cannot remain calm when two of my children are in danger. As such, I will give you a chance to redeem yourselves. In the future, you will have the opportunity to worship a pantheon of gods if you go to their respective churches. If all goes well, you two will be able to submit some applications for new contracts. I wish you the best of luck in receiving their grace.”

Okay. Everything is fine. There’s still hope. We can come back from this.

“Hey Rain, did you get any powers?”

“Yeah. I got basic magic, low minor mana reserves, low minor elemental affinity, and low minor resistance. What about you?”

“The same.”

Well, at least it’s better than nothing. I think we’ll be able to hold our own.

“*ring* Attention passengers, you are about to arrive at your destination; I hope you enjoy your stay in this unfamiliar world.”

“Are you ready bro?”

“Of course.”

3