Chapter 1
124 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter 1 Prologue

It was getting late, the sun was setting in the west, it was time for people to go back home from work.

However, this does not apply to Karel Afkav, who is still struggling with a lot of work.

Being an office worker who is full of overtime, makes Karel accustomed to going home at night.

"I'll go home first, OK?"

"Yes, you are careful on the way first"

Finally finished today's work, it's time to get ready to go home and most importantly tomorrow weekend, it's time for me to rest fully.

Outside the office the sky was dark and even so there were still many people passing by on the street, walking casually while listening to music with earphones.

My name is Karel Afkav and I am 26 years old.  I am just an ordinary person who can be found anywhere in this world.

I live my life from the beginning of school to college calmly, I always stay away from the problem.

Learn as necessary for me because the test score is only paper with number, but the most important thing is knowledge.

Everything was normal and calm until I went to work in the society, I continued to live an ordinary life.

Gray like the color of a cloud when it is cloudy.

Because for me, life does not need to be colorful, the most important thing is to pass the day calmly and enjoy every time in a leasure.

As an office worker, I've lived this kind of life for 5 years.

The piling work and always overtime make me work 12 hours a day and 5 days a week.

It doesn't feel long and now I'm approaching the age of 30 and what's worse, I'm still single until now, sometimes I think I don't want to get married because right now I'm still focused on working.

Work to earn money so that my old age can enjoy the results of my hard work today leasurely.

Sometimes I am often bored with my work, the fatigue piles up every time I come home, but this is my lifestyle for the past 5 years.

At least it's not that bad is it?  Instead of having to work outside the office, in hot weather and scorching sunshine.

When I got home, my plan was only to take a shower with warm water, warm water proved effective enough to reduce fatigue, especially after I sat in front of the computer all day.

After taking a shower, I made dinner, instant noodles plus eggs and rice as the staple food.

After finished taking a shower with warm water, I felt less tired and now it's time to sleep to recharge my strength for work again next week.

Since tomorrow is holiday I can sleep satisfied tonight, not forgetting to turn off the alarm so that my sleep is not disturbed.

I like weekends where I can sleep freely, relax and be lazy of course.

Slowly I tried to sleep and not long after I closed my eyes.

I'm falling asleep.

But suddenly I felt lost my consciousness, I did not feel my breath.

I'm starting to panic but I don't know what to do.

I can't feel anything.

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't no longer feel heavy but I couldn't feel it at all.

I tried to move my hands and feet, but I couldn't feel everything, even more move it.

My consciousness began to dull, my panic began to disappear along with consciousness, that's when I realized.

(So ​​this is death huh)

It was at that moment that the existence of a person named Karel had disappeared as if it had been swallowed up by the earth.

######

I open my eyes slowly but wait aren't I dead?

But my mind that was originally chaotic and panic has now begun to calm down, I watched my surroundings.

Where is this?

Karel, who had just come to his senses, could only sit there thinking about what had just happened.

I am no longer in my room or in my house, but in the middle of the forest, I do not know this place.

The trees around look strange, even seem creepy, the branches and trunk are large, withered leaves, is enough evidence that this forest is not normal.

Fear and worry began to appear in my mind, in the midst of an uncertain situation and I didn't know what had happened, was happening or was going to happen.

What are humans most afraid of?  Namely ignorance, as well as Karel who currently doesn't know anything.

(Calm down, Karel calm down, there's no use panicking at a time like this)

Karel tried to calm himself and his mind, no need to think much like how to go home or what happened to work at the office.

All he thought about was whether he could survive in this creepy forest.

After a while of thinking now that the most important thing for Karel was to find water.

What humans definitely need is water.

Humans can live for 3 weeks without food but without water humans can only last for 4-7 days.

After my goal was clear, which was to find water, I started to stand up and check my body because I still remembered how I couldn't move at all.

After all was complete and normal I started moving in search of water.

I walked without knowing the direction for hours, the sky still looks dark without the slightest light since I woke up until now.

After several hours of walking I finally found a river, I immediately rushed to check whether this water was safe or not by drinking a little.

After I realized it, I started to feel a little relieved, without realizing that I didn't feel hungry, thirsty or tired.

Because I had too many thoughts and was still confused, I finally put those thoughts aside.

I drank the water in the river, above the water surface I can see my face on the surface of the water but this is not the face I usually see.

My face looks younger than my actual age is 26 years old, my face that can be seen is the face when I was 19 years old.

Not quite there for a moment I saw the reflection of the moonlight on the water surface.

The moon is blue, and the sky is always dark and cloudy.

My mind still couldn't digest what was happening but a few moments later I came to a conclusion.

(This is not the earth I live in)

######

The 'otherworld' I had heard of when I was in college, because of the trend that many of my friends talked about this genre.

The story is where the protagonist with various plots is transported to another world, a world with a medieval setting full of fantasies such as magic, swords and monsters.

A world full of fantasy and adventure that only people on earth could imagine.

(Yes it looks like a fantasy but rather than a fantasy world full of adventure, what is in front of me is a fantasy that gives me goosebumps)

The atmosphere of this forest is spooky, far from the word beautiful which is usually synonymous with forest.

And I don't know the direction at all, right now the blue moon is shining enough for my lighting.

After managing enough of the information at hand, I decided to follow the flow of the river.

Where the river flows there will definitely be life, whatever life it is, I can watch it first.

All I have in mind is only one.

(I have to survive)

6