1: Untrue Beginning
56 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the endless void, where nothing is almost all that exists, there is something out of place, a light gray flame.

Out of nowhere, the flame starts to burn stronger and, Ikariel wakes up.

He is confused, he can't see, smell, and even breath but for some reason, he isn't uncomfortable.

(Why the hell I can't smell? )

(Why it is so dark. )

(Why I'm still alive even when I'm not even breathing. )

(...Am I still alive?)

Ikariel isn't going to get answers sleeping around, so he tried to move, to inspect his surroundings, But he's stuck.

He doesn't feel his legs, in fact, he feels nothing.

(...what the hell am I supposed to do now?)

Ikariel doesn't understand, what the hell is going on? is he supposed to wait? try to move? pray?

the confusion in his mind only grown and bit by bit this confusion became anger.

(WHY AM I HERE, ISN'T THIS THE TIME THAT SOME ALMIGHTY MOTHER***KER TALKS ABOUT SOME REINCARNATION BULLSHIT OR ME GOING TO BURN IN HELL?)

Without an option, he concludes that the "time" hasn't come yet, so he decided to wait.

meanwhile, bit by bit the flame turns darker and darker


After an unknown amount of time waiting nothing happened.

(HOW MUCH TIME AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT? ISN'T THIS ENOUGH?)

no matter how much time he waited, there is nothing, nothing happens, nothing appears, just his distorted conscience and thoughts in an infinite void.

Despair, agony, the possibility of an eternity of loneliness and meaningless thoughts, the regrets of his life, the good life that his betrayer is living, the chance that no matter how much time passe he's going to be here cursing and talking with himself, everything is passing through his mind.

(THIS VOID OF EMPTINESS AROUND ME WON'T HELP SETTLE MY RAGE, WHY AM I HERE? WILL I BE HERE LOST IN THOUGHTS FOR ALL ETERNITY? I WON'T ACCEPT THIS, IF THERE ISN'T A WAY TO SETTLE MY RAGE HERE, SO THIS PLACE IS MEANINGLESS.

WHO THE HELL IS THE FUC**R THAT MADE A PLACE LIKE THIS?

THE ONLY WAY IS TO BURN AND RIP THAT MOTHERFUC**R... YES, I'LL TURN HIM INTO MINCED MEAT... I WON'T SAY HERE FOREVER, I'LL GET AWAY FROM HERE, THIS PLACE WON'T JAIL ME FOREVER

TURNING THAT PIECE OF SHIT IN MINCED MEAT IS NOT ENOUGH, I COULD CUT DOWN HIS LIMBS AND FORCE HIM EAT IT, YES, THIS'LL BE GOOD HAHAHA)

The thoughts of a way his revenge could be and his insane laughter only fuelling his wrathful nature, as the rage grows the flame turned darker, then the flame turns black, the same color of the void, and his mind instantly shuts down.

the void turns endless once more...


After some time his conscience returns, and different from the last time now Ikariel feels his body... or well... a body that is not necessarily his...

(Ouch... that hurt, what the hell is happing with me now)

Ikariel opened his eyes and noticed that his point of view is strange and that he is in a hole in a tree.

(How did I fit in here? why am I so small? WHAT, WHY MY HANDS LOOKS LIKE FURRY PAWS)

TING*

[STATUS HAS BEEN UPDATED] 

(... yeah, I turned insane what the hell, I am inside a small hole in a tree, seeing my hands like furry paws, and could almost swear that some granny talked about some "status update" inside m...)

When he tough about "status" a semi-transparent plate showed before his eyes.


Spoiler

STATUS:

Name: None

Titles: [Incarnation of Wrath] 

Traits: [Otherworldy Soul] [Monster] [Beast]

level: 0* (10,7%)*** (max: 10)

Rank: 1

Species**: Gray wolf  [male]  (Growth Phase: 1,6%)

Attributes:

Mana: 3/3*---Magical Efficiency: NOT CALCULATED

Strength: 2*---Vitality: 2* 

Agility: 7*--- Dextery: 7*

Willpower: 25*--- Magic Attunement: 2*

Resistance: 4*--- Perception: 13 = [10* +3]

Charisma: 10*

Elemental affinities:

[WIND]: 1/10**

[LIGHTING]: 1/10**

[DARKNESS]: 2/10***

[FIRE]: 1/10*

PASSIVE SKILLS *: [Cold Resistance: lvl 1*] [Wolf Senses: lvl 3**]  [Cooperation: lvl 0*]

ACTIVE SKILLS *: [Bite: lvl 0**] [Stealth: lvl 0**]  [Mindless Rage*: lvl 1*]

UNIQUE SKILLS *[Wrath]

[collapse]


The plate describes his status in a general manner and depicts it in numerical values, also it answers some of his questions and creates other ones.

(...So that explains why I'm tiny and have furry paws, [Otherworldy Soul], so I'm an otherworlder now... cool... the thing is, HOW I'M GOING TO HAVE MY REVENGE NOW? FUCK!)

The fact that his revenge target is on earth and he i's now on another world are more than enough to ignite his wrath once more.

(*Sigh*... the status thing and the level-up template, it looks like some kind of RPG game... I guess I'll have to solve this problem in the same way I've done in RPGs "If you don't have the power to do something, level up, and if there's no way to level up, curse de developers" I'll gather the power to return to earth... and if there isn't a way to gather this power, I'll force the gods to do something... there is no way I could just let it go, this... felling, THIS... DESIRE, TO MAKE HIM PAY... I'LL NEVER LET IT DIE,  THE ONLY WAY TO LET THIS MALICE SETTLES IS WITH HIS DESPAIR...)

After taking his oath, he proceeded to analyze his status.

(...If it's the classic setting I guess that I understand... "magical efficiency not calculated"... I guess it's because I never used magic... vitality looks similar to HP... but's kinda different, there is nothing like max HP or current HP I guess... level 0 on not only the base but in skills too, what is this? what do those asterisks mean?) 

TING*

[ ACTIVE SKILL: INSPECT LV1 ACQUIRED] 

(...Isn't this too easy? it doesn't make sense, how did I acquire a inspect skill only by reading a few lines... I guess I'll have to "inspect" hehe)

After laughing alone about his pun joke he mentally spoke "inspect" while looking at an asterisk, in response, a new window pops before his eyes.


[The symbol * implies the said feature/stat/skill is affected by the (Growth Phase) condition]

after reading the new window he proceeded to use the skill in another asterisk with a different color.

[The symbol * implies the said feature/stat/skill is affected by the Gray wolf species]

(...ok I kinda get it but "affected" is kinda vague, *sigh* whatever, let me inspect the other things for now)


(Growth Phase) 

-bonus + 20% exp

-Passive level/stats/skill level/size growth

-Condition vanish when reaches 100%


(...Now I feel kinda dumb, it's obvious that this body will change, I'm only a cub... by the way, I didn't take a good enough look at my form, when I find a lake or other source I'll inspect... I hope I"ll have menacing claws instead of these puppy paws by then...)

[ ACTIVE SKILL: INSPECT LVL UP] 


Gray wolf :

Description: The Gray wolf is a species of wolf that mutated into a monster by absorbing mana from the air for prolonged periods of time, they are a part of the weakest monsters being only tier 1, they are proficient in sneaky hunts and are known from their teamwork.


(...*sigh* Okay, now I'm a weakling, I hope that I can change this soon, at least I have a unique skill and title, I suppose that's good enough, let's check)

[ ACTIVE SKILL: INSPECT LVL UP] 


[Wrath] : 

-Nullify* drawback from berserker kind skills 

-bonus* +100% exp  

-Berserker kind skills are easier to learn and level up

-Grants + LVL 1 affinity for [DARKNESS]* and [FIRE]

-Converts anger into willpower

-Can fell when another Deadly sin or Virtue is near 

-Enable {Evolution} for monsters (if {Evolution} is already enabled, upgrade it)

-Upgrade {Classes} for Humanoids

 

Description: One of the unique skills from the seven deadly sins series, only one person can have this skill at the same time and gains a permanent upgrade when the user kills [Patience]. (currently boosted by the title: [Incarnation of Wrath] and trait: [Otherworldy Soul] )


(...that's the most unbalanced thing I've ever seen in my existence, what kind of shitty and broken RPG is this?)

After witnessing the most ridicule thing since birth Ikariel falls in thought.

("Converts anger into willpower" is that the reason why I'm so calm after waking up? *sigh* it kinda felt strange, also why did I accept that I'm a cub so fast? is that "system thing" messing with my head?)

when he closed the pop-up from his unique skill he also found something interesting on his status page.


STATUS:

Name: None

...

Willpower: 28*

...


(...Yeah, this is bullshit, why is this skill so strong? not that I'm complaining but... well...)

[ ACTIVE SKILL: INSPECT LVL UP] 


[Incarnation of Wrath]

-Upgrades certain functions of [Wrath]

title granted for those who are born with the unique skill:  [Wrath] 


(...ok that's a difficult title to get, I guess that [Wrath]  still is broken but in novels, the otherworldly person almost always has the OP skills, so I'll not be talking about it anymore... talking about otherworldly)


[Otherworldy Soul]

-bonus +50% exp

-skills are easier to learn and level up

-[UNIQUE] skills receive upgrades

-Enable {Evolution} for monsters (if {Evolution} is already enabled, upgrade it)

-Upgrade {Classes} for Humanoids

 


(...hum, that's the reason why I'm leveling up inspect so often bu..)

*growl*

(holy crap I was so distracted that I didn't even notice that I'm starving... talking about it, what do wolf cubs eat? milk? but there's no mama wolf to help me with this... *sigh* no problem... I guess that'll have to learn to hunt sooner or later so it's better to learn soon, also I'll test these bonuses I have and see if I can level up a bit)

After concluding, Ikariel decided to exit the hole.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

2