Work, Work, and More Work
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jackson thankfully already had a good amount of tools to make a table with, the three most important ones being his a axe, a small enough axe to fit in the very small toolbox he got, and woodglue. Even though the saw was more vital than the axe he almost forgot it. The shopkeeper was actually very helpful with finding the materials he needed though. Jackson wasn't awkward around shopkeepers and customer service workers in general as much as he was with other people. He used to help sell things at his dad's shop after all, a smith can't do everything. His mom used to help with that part of the buisness, but well, she got sick and had been bedridden ever since. Thinking on it, Jackson didn't blame his dad much, he knew that he also had blame, but right now that isn't what he should be thinking of.

The plan was simple, but still hard to accomplish. Jackson would look for a very wide tree as he had no idea how make an actual sturdy table, at least completely, so he would make a big shelf. It had to be an old tree, older than the one the bunny was currently on. There aren't that many trees that fit that description around the lake. But, relatively quickly he found a suitable one close to the bunny. And the cut down a seperate suitable looking tree nearby. 

That sounded simple but he was barely strong enough to cut the tree down. The axe was heavy and the tree, while not as thick as the one he was planing to make the shelf on, but still thick enough to make reasonably sized planks from it. It took about 30 minutes and while doing it he felt he had gotten about halfway to another strengh and endurance point. For endurance it was far off because it was already 16 while strength was only 11, he could possibly get it to twelve by either today or tomorrow.

Anyway, the tree fell the way he predicted so he was safe, he hoped his predictions and internal visualizations would help to get a visualization skill but that could also just be an ability, he didn't know.

Jackson now started to divide the tree into manageable logs, for someone of his size and strength anyway, which was about a metre and the tree was about two and three quarters of a metre tall from his estimations.

Then he pulled the logs to the flattest land nearby and sawed one of them into planks, which took an ungodly amount of time. The came a hard part, getting the sides of th plank flat enough so that he could glue stick the together, he cut them a bit smaller after he turned them to planks because they were already bigger than needed but they were still big planks of wood, so, needless to say, it was a damn hard job to do with a knife. The saw was too big and clunky to cut the already big and clucky wood so he would have to take the long way and just carve it.

By the time he finished two planks the rabbit was already past pretty much empty of blood by a good while, so he stopped for the day, he was starving. He had a few snacks while making the table and he'd got so bored he made fun of the table to be. It wasn't that it was intresting or unable to hold his attention, it just took so long, the sun was already getting low in the sky and he was getting that damn rabbit meat, sleep depriced or not.

He put some gloves on and got to work. Taking the rabbit down from the tree, and then setting it on the ground, mentally preparing himself. He cut into it, slowly at first, but the knife was short and all remnants of health left it's body, making it all the more susceptible. Gagging at the smell, he opened up the rabbit and almost threw up at the smell. He accidentally stabbed the intestines and unleashed the horrid smell.

Jackson started to gag, then he felt blie rise to his throat, and ran to the river. It took a bit to clean himself up and to stell his resolve. He had to force himself to go back and finsh the job. Movies and theatre do NOT accurately show death. 

He started to remove the ribs with the small saw, and eventually got through the bone, then removed the diaphragm, then the lungs, then the heart, etc. It took a bit and by the time the poor little thing had been skinned and disemboweled the sky became decently red.

Jackson took off the legs and a majority of breast to eat. He didn't no enough about cuts of meat so besides that he only had a few scraps of other parts of meat, he couldn't eat it all anyway. He put them in a plate he made to keep himself entertained while making the planks. Now he had to deal with something all to familiar to him now, organs.

He took a trowel from his new satchel he bought, he couldn't fit everything in a backpack by a long shot. For the third time, no, the forth, hunting counted, he got to work.

He scooped up the organs, brought them to the river, and dumped them in. It wasn't a fast river but it'd be gone by morning. It took a few trips and by this time Jackson will had almost broken, making him  even more squeamish. Yet he pushed on, even though he wanted to turn the innards to a fine mist at this point, he pushed on.

"This sucks." he tried not to complain but his huger and annoyance had hit it's limit. The job was done though and he could head back to get some food in him.

...

The cooking process was simple enough, if also annoying as he had to find a place to put the pan he bought. Eventually he cooked it, but that was just because he got so annoyed he took sticks out of the fire to make it lower and then just set the pan down in the fire. It got a bit burnt but it was otherwise okay besides the fact it was bland as hell cause he didn't bring seasonings. The pan was okay as eventually he just took it out and periodically held it above the fire to cook it. Hurt his hands though, they also got a bit burnt but he couldn't even feel angry anymore. Just more tired. Sleep felt like a blessing from thr divines to his too mortal self.

Sleep is nice.

1