Chapter 5 – Quirk Expansion
476 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supsup, here's the update. Thanks to all who are enjoying it so far, the support means a lot! Knowing the story is getting good reception way before canon starts is a good sight in my eyes.

Anywho, onto the Chapter


Chapter 5 - Quirk Expansion

"Hmm… hmm… hmm…What would be an ideal solution for this one?"

Instead of paying attention to the lecture inside the classroom, I was more occupied with figuring out an answer for the right combination of Quirks for a new project I wanted to develop in the future.

I stayed in a "regular" Elementary School for the time being. I say regular as my perception of reliving school as a kid again several centuries in the future had some differences. Not including being in a different country within a fictional world that was now real, but I digress.

Passing through tests and examinations was easy, as nothing was too hard by any means. The school system did take a bit of getting used to, since Japan has many differences than other parts of the world. I wasn't the type that could pay attention during class that easily, so breezing through until Junior High won't be too big of an issue. Besides, I have Izuka to bail me out if I ever get stuck somewhere.

Till then, I'll have my hands full with other things.

So far, there were only a few Quirks that sparked my interest at the moment, ones I'd very much like to find.

The thing about every single person around you having a random ability, not all of them will be an ideal choice to have. Heroes stood out because their abilities are way beyond than the general population, regardless that eighty percent of humanity has a Quirk.

I didn't set my expectations too high, as the whole ordeal itself is a giant random number generator.

Make no mistake, that is a huge percentage, and Hero agencies are scattered all around the globe, there will always have to be a shortage in demand somewhere. Becoming one is no joke either, having to be put through rigorous training years before attending a Hero school just to have promise in that field of work.

Regardless, my reputation in Elementary School makes it quite difficult to acquire them, a bit of an inconvenience but nothing too troublesome. One of the teacher's had a phone call with my father when my Quirk manifested, and to my luck, some kid overheard that bit of information that quickly spread like wildfire.

Yippee.

Junior High would be a good place to start, as I could easily get by using a different Quirk to such proficiency that nothing would seem off. It might be difficult as I feel there are some issues I have yet to take into account.

Upon attending U.A. I can openly reveal some secrets of my actual abilities, as I'm sure they would want to give as many resources to make the ideal Hero with this kind of Quirk. It's just a thought, but a good plan to follow for the foreseeable future.

Because of that, I was able to calmly think of my plans for All For One.

Objectively speaking, there is no chance that other Copy Quirks haven't appeared since AFO arrived at the scene. If Monoma is shown to have one, others are bound to exist. But just like the blonde, they also most likely share the same issue, restrictions. Either they were too severe, or lack some extension from copying a specific type of Quirk. Luckily, I made sure to inform my doctor of a few of them when I went to register it for extra precaution. The only place where Quirks can be truly checked is your personal file or upon entering a Hero School. Making sure my tracks were covered, my mind could rest easy that I wouldn't be signaled out. There's also that bit of being able to update your Quirk status over your lifetime when and if you experience changes to the ability, which only further strengthens my little lie.

It was just a thought, but seeing as there was no real need to reveal that I can copy Quirks post-Elementary School, I was leaning towards that option. I'd have to just make a pick of what kind of Quirk I'd use for those three years. If I play my cards right, I can make do with a few white lies instead, but I still have time to think about that.

Ever since Izuka came over to my house, I would look over the notes we wrote down as I couldn't stop thinking about them. Furthermore, Izuka managed to fill a few gaps in my other theories that I pushed off for a later time.

I think one issue I constantly thought about is how much my body can withstand while using other Quirks. Since a majority I think would include some drawbacks on a person who isn't physically capable of using it. During my research, it was proven that physical condition can make a big difference when utilizing a Quirk, then going over its limits and beyond.

Osmosians generally have improved stamina and durability, with their overall physiology alone pretty note-worthy.

Yet, my body still had its limits.

Even though I'm essentially an endless storage machine for Quirks, I couldn't just simply take an ability and be proficient in it right off the bat. During the absorption process, my mind, instincts, and senses change ever so slightly so the Quirk I took would make me familiar with it, but the experience itself for the first time is awkward.

I only needed a relatively small amount for now. Just because I have a pseudo-All For One Quirk doesn't mean I need to hunt for power every minute of every day. I'm content with refining some abilities to have on hand for versatility, as there would be no point in copying Quirks if I don't know their in's and out's.

Plus, I would only copy the ones I truly think are worth taking, as again, just because everyone has an ability, it has to meet some criteria to be of use. Mixing and matching different ones makes it a bit easier, but still.

My body treats each Quirk as its own individual slot, simply existing there without clashing with other abilities, waiting to be used or disappear entirely if they're used up. The period of how long they would last is a bit flimsy, seeing as it was never explicitly stated but is implied it would be a long while.

They had similar mechanics to how a phone battery would act, if it's "shut off" it won't waste any energy whatsoever.

I was a firm believer that simply absorbing powers isn't as easy a process as it may seem. Sure, you receive a natural instinct for what it does, but it isn't the same as properly using or mastering said power. Plus, the only Osmosians that were shown are Kevin, his dad, and Agraggor. The latter being the scaling comparison.

Having the ideal body to handle anything, and be at peak physical condition was more important than looking for Quirks. If I continue at this pace, by the time of the U.A. entrance exam, I will be more than ready for whatever the world can throw at me.

However, I still won't be strong by any means.

By this world's standards, I think I'd be able to deal with most Villains and match most Heroes. Then there's stuff like All Might, Nomus, Overhaul, All For One, and so much more. I can't be careless and think each problem can be solved with a few simple Quirk combinations, there are too many variables to take into consideration.

Truly powerful Quirks are a dime a dozen, so I have to keep my expectations steady until an opportunity comes up.

But just like I told Izuka, using your head with the hand you're dealt with can go a long way. Not everything has to be dealt with a mountain-slicing attack, every Quirk has some sort of weakness, it's a matter of finding it is. Absorbing my opponent until they fall unconscious is a double-edged sword, it can take too long or be out of my reach depending on the situation. Having a solution beforehand for that kind of stuff makes the overall process a lot easier.

One step at a time, I guess.

Izuka advised that we search for Utility and Mental Boosts, alongside similar types of Quirks that grant enhancements. My fighting skills and durability would be greatly improved compared to base Osmosian. Ability usage would see a bonus as well, something I was eager to explore.

Having a second stomach that stores energy, I found it difficult to not at least get exceptionally good at Energy Absorption, anything is possible when mixed with the right ingredients. I can probably list a few dozen different ideas I could incorporate from stuff I've seen that would be impossible outside of fiction.

Thus I remembered an ideal technique, one I always wanted to have, the Chidori!

What was my excuse? I always liked lightning-based attacks, very versatile in combat and an ideal attack for piercing power. The amount of theory crafting to expand it further was limitless.

That was half of the reason.

Being around Izuka made me simply want to geek out on certain projects, so I just went with it.

It would need two or three Quirks to properly replicate it by Naruto standards, including the Sharingan's perception to not get tunnel vision. I might have an alternate fix for those kinds of issues, but that was still in early development.

Even though it's considered an assassination technique, it was pretty versatile for many uses. Alongside proper accuracy and precision, mixed in with almost any Quirk to get something new. Going beyond an initial combination would be a headache to workaround, though.

But that's the point. Each combination needs the same kind of principle.

Albeit some might be easier than others, improving them further is always going to be important. Having a solid grasp on a few Quirks in any given situation will grant me a significant lead to my opponents.

Another theory Izuka and I wrote up is how "harmful" or "offensive" some Quirks would respond to others. The idea is similar to chemicals but with the likelihood of any "wrong" combination not resulting in getting something far worse. Not to mention if we find the right picks, that potential issue can be further reduced.

That topic was far more complicated on paper, but that was the overall gist of it.

For Izuka, I spent some time further researching what type of training I want her to follow. Unlike in my past life, base humans here are considerably more durable and have higher physical potential in comparison. It was difficult to make a rough estimate on the differences, but I was more than glad about that discovery. It might have seemed obvious, given that actual superpowers exist, but making sure that each "normal" aspect has some sort of improvement, unlike the real world.

Having several years before U.A. allows me to train Izuka to not only be at peak human condition but an expert in various fighting styles as well. Alongside being able to analyze and figure out a way out of any scenario, she'll be a total powerhouse.

It would just hit the mark before meeting All Might, as having no prior training before inheriting One For All caused all kinds of headaches in canon. I won't go into the nitpicking aspect as even by anime standards, ten months of pure training wasn't enough, especially without even using it.

At best, it might make her ready to take it on the spot, or at the very least, a few months of precise training to fine-tune any loose areas, which means we have six months or more if we're lucky.

It's plenty of time to get the starting issues of using One For All out of the way and quickly start utilizing it in more efficient ways. There is no way in hell that I'm going to let Izuka continuously break her bones until she masters her Quirk. While All Might did help in that regard, there were still plenty of unanswered questions and not enough time to actually use the Quirk than just preparing for the body to handle it.

The mental imagery of her getting seriously bedridden made me determined to pay close attention for when that time comes.

I don't want to pin the blame on All Might, even if at times he was shown to be "careless", to put it nicely. His teaching methods weren't wrong or anything of the sort, but lacked in other areas to get proper results. Was Nana Shimura vague with him when bestowing him One For All? Furthermore, were the previous holders unaware of its true capabilities before it was too late?

The "It's full power can only be used by a Quirkless person" was accurate, but even All Might didn't know to what extent. But that begs the question; if All Might was Quirkless before, why couldn't he use the Quirks from the ones before him?

Although, there might be an explanation for that.

If I remember correctly, the Quirk itself has some level of sentience and evolves over time. I remember reading somewhere that, regardless of his sensei's not properly teaching him, All Might was able to utilize One For All without much difficulty. That, and I'd wager that All Might didn't suffer as much compared to his successor when first molding the Quirk, with most likely mental and emotional influence having a say in it as well.

Even without thinking about it too thoroughly, it was obvious the next holder of One For All will be stronger than the current one. Not to mention how All Might would push his Quirk to the absolute limit, as well as possibly keeping it going through the sheer strength of willpower to not give up. While that alone would give Izuka an impressive boost, as long as I'm around, I'll make sure that walking Quirk Wikipedia doesn't go through the same hell like in canon.

Whatever the case may be, I simply decided to not play the blame game, finding it nothing more than a waste of time. Making sure Izuka gets both mine and All Might's insight on mastering One For All will be essential, and possibly discover new ways on how to utilize it.

Looking up from my notebook, I was greeted with the same thought I had twenty minutes prior, boredom. Seems like I'll stick to this habit of ignoring whatever lecture is given out and wing it.

Oh, well. What I'm doing is far more advanced than any school system could ever teach me.


"No… noo... noup… hell no… pretty sure that's a ripoff."

I muttered out loud while observing the sea of manga and books on display at a small shop, two tables next to the door. The area we were passing through had a large variety of stands and other kinds of shops. Since Izuka was eyeing the ones we passed, I asked her if she wanted to stop by one, choosing a bookstore that was at the end of the street.

Opening a book only to be met with colorful pages alongside text bubbles instead of another lengthy manual regarding science or technology was a breath of fresh air. Izuka seemed to have a small collection of sorts, so our pick was ideal.

"Find anything good?" I asked Izuka, digging through the far end of my table.

"No… most of it's cheesy, or just really poor quality." the green-haired girl responded with a sigh. "There has to be something good, I'm sure of it…"

Not satisfied with the options presented, Izuka began digging through the large pile

"You'd think the worker would at least pay attention when they have products outside the store," I commented while looking off inside said establishment, the open door and windows allowed a proper view of the items they had out on display. Sadly, the teenage girl behind the counter with her feet raised on it talking away on the phone seemed rather more important, she wasn't even facing the window.

"Oh, this one looks promising…" Izuka hummed while turning a page of a new manga she picked up.

Walking over towards her, I placed my elbow on her shoulder to lean in for a better look, "What's it about?"

It was difficult to get a quick rundown or a stable view of the pages. At best, a stutter-infused fumble of words with the book in her hands shaking uncontrollably. I didn't even do it on purpose, I genuinely just wanted a better look due to my height.

Even when I try to act like myself, it was still too much for the poor girl to handle.

Mental note, think in advance when doing simple stuff such as this around Izuka, otherwise, I would unintentionally cause her head to short circuit.

"Just work, you old piece of crap!"

A loud yell accompanied by something hitting what I assumed was metal caused us to perk up. Looking to the sides, we found the source of the dilemma. It was a tall, muscular man slamming his fist at the front part of a small bus, the same vehicle having a red and black colored logo of a fist on it.

"Sensei!" A young teen with short black hair stepped out of the bus, a stressed-out expression present on his face, "We only have fifteen minutes before the tournament starts! If we're not there before the drafting phase, we'll immediately get disqualified!"

"Thanks for calmly reminding me of that small bit of information," The man remarked before rubbing his temples, "Today of all days, oh, what luck…"

To restrain the visible frustration that was growing by the second, the man walked a few steps away from the bus to bury his face into his hands.

"What's going on?" Izuka asked puzzlingly.

"Seems like their bus broke down," I told her, turning to look at her with a grin, "And to their luck, I just so happen to be around."

Looks like I get a moment to shine without doing any hero work.

Walking towards the man in the tank top, yet to fully notice us since he had more pressing matters at hand.

"Excuse me, sir?" I spoke up upon getting close, trying to sound as polite as possible, "What seems to be the problem?"

"Oh, sorry kid, didn't see you there," The man expressed lowly before turning to the bus, "We're on our way to compete in a tournament, you see, but this junk decided to die out in the worst possible moment.

"Is there any way we can help?" Izuka asked.

"Heh, if you two kids can work a miracle, I'd very much like one," He said truthfully but sounded more like accepting defeat than anything.

"My dad's a mechanic, actually. I picked up a few tricks while watching him over the years," I responded without missing a beat, causing his entire mood to quickly change, "Also, my Quirk is the right pick for the job in whatever needs fixing. If you'd like, sir, I can take a look and try getting it to start."

His face instantly lit up, "Oh, thank Kami! They really do happen! Thank you, thank you so much!"

Moving closer to open the hood, doing a quick overview of its insides, my eyebrows furrowed the more I examined it. "Oh… dear me…"

"That bad?" He asked, or more so wished that wasn't the case.

"Sir, I wished I could use the term "that bad" to describe what I'm seeing," I responded, not wanting to sugarcoat it.

"Ah, man, we're screwed!" the teen beside him cried out, already willing to accept defeat.

"But I can make it work, at least for where you need to go, which is where, by the way?"

"Near Musutafu Stadium, the smaller one, that is," He answered before adding, "It's not that far away from where we currently are, eight or so minutes at best."

"In that case, it's doable," I responded calmly, diving into the broken engine with my hands starting to chance into various tools, "It will take me a few minutes, so I hope you don't mind the wait."

The man clasped his hands, bowing down with such intensity the gratitude spoke for itself."

"You said you're on your way to a tournament, Mister?" Izuka asked politely to ease up the tense atmosphere, "Might I ask what kind?"

The man nodded, "Yeah, my name is Ishioka Hiroto. I run a small school that focuses on people with Quirks that grant them physical improvements or enhancements. There are many different competitions that center around physical feats, but the one we're attending has various segments all in one and is more well known than the others. Winning it would give us a big boost, alongside tickets to international events in the future that would otherwise be difficult to obtain."

"Does it matter what type of strength Quirk you have, or is anything acceptable?" Izuka asked. "I see none of your students have Mutation-like Quirks, only you would fit that description, Ishioka-san, but I feel like that isn't the case."

"Nah, this isn't from my Quirk," Hiroto began explaining, "This is all done with years of intense training because, without it, I wouldn't be able to use my ability to its fullest. You see, instead of granting me raw strength, my Quirk enhances my base strength by a significant amount when active. After reaching a certain limit, it's impossible to go further beyond what the human body is capable of. When I was younger, I could've gone further but was too harmful for my body to handle."

"Interesting, interesting," turning my head to the side, I caught Izuka writing away whilst still able to maintain eye contact, save for a few times looking down to make sure her hand didn't trail away, "The way that you described it, it sounds like it has a limited time window before it goes on a cooldown. I'm guessing improving your stamina and a proper training program can further tweak that?"

Hiroto nodded, "You're right. Alone it can last a while, but that depends on how much energy you have to spare. Oh, and a lot of mental training as well. Being able to maintain a stronger state requires high levels of concentration to balance it out. Getting enhanced strength is nothing if you can't properly manage it and know your limits."

"Thank you so much, Hiroto-san!" Izuka beamed when writing the last bit of the man's Quirk in her notebook. Brief silence filled the air before it was broken by Izuka asking the boy next the same question..

"G-Guess, I'm next," The youth exclaimed with a chuckle.

"Mine's called Quick Heal," with a sideways glance, I saw the teen raise his hand for a small black square with thin outlines slightly above each side, "It's nothing fancy, compared to other healing Quirks that is. It works on a charge system, being able to use it twice without issue, but afterwards, it becomes more difficult to use. At best, five charges, with the last three potentially being less effective. It can't repair severe injuries or mend disabilities, so it's greatly limited in that regard. Also, I should mention the effectiveness depends on how much food I ate prior to using it, essentially spending that as a cost of sorts. But after I reach my limit, no amount will allow me to use it without taking a few hours to recharge."

"Regardless, it can greatly reduce an injury in those two charges alone," Izuka commented, the sound of a page-turning swiftly before resuming, "It gives time until a medical professional arrives or help by overusing the Quirk during transportation. By such a description, it acts as a painkiller of sorts except for the first two charges. If it depends on your strength and the amount of food consumed, it's effectiveness might vary because of that."

"Eh, works well enough to help me survive after working out," Saburo shrugged simply, "It gets the job done, so I can't complain."

"Speaking of "done", I said after adding the last touch to the engine, dusting off my hands, "That should do it."

"Wait, already?!" Hiroto asked in pure shock, stepping towards the vehicle for further confirmation, looking inside to see several changes on the engine alone.

"Yup, just enough juice to last for one more ride," I reassured him, "Go try and turn it on."

Whistling to one of his students to do the deed, Ishioka's eyes almost dropped out of his skull when the engine came to life, "It actually works…!"

"Told you I could get it ticking," I said with a small grin, satisfied with all that time spent with dad and learning how mechanical-constructs work paid off.

"Thank you so much… ughh…" Hiroto started to bow but stopped midway. It's there we realized that we've yet to introduce ourselves.

"Midoriya Izuka!" She introduced herself with a bright smile.

"Toshiaki Yukio," I said in a similar manner, once again leaning onto Izuka's shoulder, "And you're looking at the next top two Heroes after we graduate U.A. and get our hero license!"

While I said that statement with nothing but sheer confidence, Izuka let out an awkward laugh at my claim.

"Heh, with that kind of enthusiasm, I'm sure you two will do well at U.A.," Hiroto said with a chuckle.

"Now, I can't stress this enough, what I did is only good for one ride," I began explaining in a serious tone, "I'm pretty sure what I did here wouldn't be considered legal, as the bus itself is in no position to be used for transportation. However, given the situation, we can make an exception this time. The moment this puppy is off for longer than a minute after it stops moving, it's done. I advise you to figure out an alternative way once you get there."

"I know the owner of another school that will be competing there, I'm sure he'll let us tag along after the tournament finishes!" Hiroto expressed with a wide grin, "Thank you, again, Toshiaki-kun. If there's any way I could repay you for helping us, just name it!"

"Actually, there is something…" I said trailing off, causing the man and teen to raise an eyebrow.

"What Yukio-kun is trying to say, he has a Copy Quirk, allowing him to make a one-tenth copy of the person he touches. With your Enhanced Strength and your student's Quick Heal Quirks, it would make a great combination for higher strength output while having several heal charges stored up at the ready. If-If that isn't asking too much."

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile. "What she said."

"Oh, I have never seen a Copy Quirk before," The teen commented while rubbing his chin.

"That's all!?" Hiroto laughed joyfully, "My boy, I'd give you more if I could, but anyway, I don't mind you copying my Quirk. I sincerely hope it will help you on your journey to becoming a Hero. It's the least we could do for helping us."

"Yeah… I don't mind either," Saburo shrugged, having no issue since his teacher had none either.

"So, how does it work? Your friend said a touch will do it?" Hiroto asked puzzlingly.

"It can be done with a single touch, but slightly prolonged contact will give an added boost. While the amount I get is pretty significant on its own, it would be ideal to have a bit more just in case."

"I see," Hiroto nodded, a smile forming as he extended his hand out, "Thank you for the help, Toshiaki-kun, and hope that you use mine and my student's Quirks wisely."

"I will."

Shaking both his and the teen's hand for a short while, just so I get a proper filling of their Quirks. I stopped just to the point where signs of any kind of severe discomfort would start to show up, solely as it would be indecent of me to take way too much in this scenario.

"Ah! Sensei!" The teen cried out upon looking at his phone, "We're running out of time! If we don't go now, traffic itself will cripple us, not the other participants!"

"Oh, crap…. everyone! On the bus, right now, we have a tournament to win!" Hiroto called out to the other students, all sprinting towards the bus and taking their seats in less than a heartbeat, "Thank you, Toshiaki-kun, Midoriya-chan, but I'm afraid this is where we part ways. May your futures as Heroes be a bright and successful one!"

Before he drove off, he slammed the horn several times before joining the traffic when the opening presented itself, giving one last cheer that gradually died down.

"Truly an energetic fellow," I commented as we watched them drive away, "Just really hope he doesn't break any traffic laws on his way to the stadium."

"I think they'll be fine," Izuka laughed, "It's not that far away, I find it doubtful something else might happen on their way there."

"That aside," I grinned while raising my hand in a sideways manner, "We got two nifty Quirks for our trouble."

"And we also got some information regarding them as well!" Izuka said excitedly.

My grin quickly disappeared when I got a better look at the two pages, with a small arrow on the bottom page meaning there was more, "You managed to use every inch of space in the short amount of time I took to fix the engine?... There's even a small list of possible combinations with them… "

Laughing nervously, Izuka rubbed the back of her head, "I couldn't help it, plus it managed to take their minds off for a little while you worked. I'm more surprised you managed to get it working so quickly, Yukio-kun."

I could only shrug in response. It wasn't that impressive, by any means, just a few alterations to the engine via some help with matter and energy tinkering. It was a fairly old model, even by technical advancements in this day and age, and with it being on its last leg, it was the best option given the circumstances.

"I might have to ask you to help me with my handwriting," I chuckled, "Every time I increase my speed, I always manage to mess up somewhere."

"You're too harsh on yourself," Izuka said reassuringly, "It just takes a little bit of practice to keep the consistency up."

If I didn't manage to improve that aspect in my second life, it's safe to say that I'll never improve, "I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Izu."


"Aight," I huffed as I flopped down on an empty park bench next to a fairly large tree, sliding off my backpack while admiring my location of the day. "This will do nicely."

The park I chose was a wide field that was ever so slightly tilted at a downwards angle, with the overall size of it being abnormally big. For today, I was on my own. Izuka and I haven't missed a day of seeing each other since we met, so naturally, a time had to come up when either of us would be unavailable for whatever reason. She didn't tell me much, just that she and Inko had something planned and would most likely be busy for the whole day.

Instead of training alone, I decided it was a much better idea to go outside for a walk and do some theorizing at a nice, quiet location to work. The quiet part was tricky, as every one I've been to is filled with parents alongside their kids or kids, in general, messing around with their Quirks. After a while, I gave up on searching and decided to take what I could get. It wasn't all bad though, the atmosphere is more lively because of it.

Now having several Quirks to work with, I started to figure out what I could do with them, as well as a training program on the side to improve them. I started off with an idea with Bakugou's Explosion used with a blade/projectile, also with Heat Manipulation, I would be missing a piece or two to fit one of many combinations.

Every now and then, I'd take a minute to stretch and take a small break, looking up to clear my thoughts before continuing. More people showed up as it was five o'clock in the afternoon, slowly filling up the park as time went on. I didn't see anything noteworthy in terms of Quirks, maybe some that I caught briefly since there were too many to fully take in, and because I didn't particularly focus on it that much.

"Now, where was I?"

"Excuse me? Young man?"

A low but tender voice broke me out of my thoughts, causing me to look up from my stack of papers.

It was the woman who was feeding the pigeons for the past twenty minutes by a nearby tree in the shade. I noticed her a while ago when I would take a minute of rest. I couldn't tell her age, somewhere around her sixties judging by the wrinkled skin that was still early in development and parts of her orange hair having multiple white streaks.

"Would you mind if this old woman joins you?" The lady asked with a smile, "I would sit on the others, but I always come to this one because the tree here is right next to the bench that provides a little shade from the sun. If that's alright with you, of course.

Was that the reason she was standing off to the side for a while? A part of me thought that it isn't unheard of, but I was still skeptical.

All that paranoia is slowly starting to take its toll. Still, can't be rude when asked so nicely, especially to an elderly person.

"No, by all means," I replied honestly, having no reason to deny her request. Pushing my stuff to my side of the bench, I gestured for her to sit, "There's plenty of space as far as I'm concerned."

"Thank you, young man," The woman exclaimed joyfully upon sitting down, "You're so kind."

Not thinking too much into it, I went back to my work as if nothing happened.

Occasionally, I'd look at my notes at just the right angle so I can look at the woman in the corner of my eye. While she was feeding the pigeons close to her leg, it gave her a solid excuse to move her head downward to scan the paper scattered between us, sometimes taking a prolonged glance to most likely figure out what the text said.

For a good while, that's all the woman next to me would do in a repeated cycle. I didn't get any bad signs from her, more like curiosity taking over every now and then.

"This park surely is beautiful, isn't it?"

Ah, small talk. Why didn't I see that coming sooner?"

"Indeed it is," I replied while looking up from my notes, "This is the first time I've come to this one, but I'm liking it so far. It's relaxing, I'll give it that. Will make a mental note to visit here again in the future."

"You can say that again," The woman expressed with a deep sigh, "The view from here never gets old."

"You come here often?" I asked.

"A few times a week, actually," She clarified, "My home is not that far away, so it's the perfect distance for going out on long walks."

"Let me guess, retirement is that boring?"

The woman released a heartfelt laugh at my question, "You wouldn't be that far from the truth, I can tell you that much. But it ain't because of that. I just like to enjoy most days outdoors and find a quiet place where it isn't too loud. Although, I feel like that is becoming harder and harder to find."

"I agree with you on that one," I said with a nod, "Almost everywhere you go, some Villain manages to show up and make a giant mess."

Silence filled the air once more, the woman going back to feeding the birds while I just acted like I was reading from my notebook, as regaining my focus became difficult.

"Is that your homework?" The woman asked, only now taking a proper look.

"Noup. I seriously doubt any school gives out homework that looks like this," I explained while raising a sheet of paper to illustrate my point. "Besides, school itself is rather boring since I pretty much know everything already. It's more tedious than anything."

"Really, now?" She mused. "You're that ahead of your studies?"

"Make no mistake, it's just not that difficult to grasp. At least now it is, I feel like Junior High will be even more tiresome."

"I think you should rather enjoy that aspect while it lasts," The woman expressed simply. "Things get more complicated than they need to be when you're older."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I said with a low chuckle. "I'm well aware, I can promise you that much."

We proceeded to talk about random day-to-day topics in a relaxed manner, offering me some seeds to help out feeding the small army that gathered over time. After a while, a thought kept bugging me regarding this woman that only grew the more that we talked.

Naturally, I had to make sure.

"Ma'am?" I asked the orange-haired lady, causing her to raise an eyebrow, "I apologize if I make the wrong assumption, nor do I want you to take this the wrong way, but you didn't sit here next to me just because this is your favorite spot, is it?"

The woman's face remained completely neutral, not a single facial muscle moving an inch. "What would make you assume that?"

"Well… for starters," I began explaining my theory while looking around the park, "Even though the park is fairly large, quite a lot of people have come since I first showed up here, so most benches being occupied aren't too big of a stretch. However, if this was your spot, I feel like you would've asked me twenty or so minutes ago when I first noticed you. If by some chance I was causing you some sort of inconvenience by sitting here, you wouldn't have waited this long before engaging me in conversation. Am I right on the money or dead wrong?"

Her neutral face slowly broke into a low smile, "My, quite a perceptive young man for your age. But you are correct, you caught me red-handed."

"Hmm, thought so," I responded with a small amount of satisfaction in my voice, "But that begs another question, why?"

"Not the be the rude one this time around, but I just find it, what's the word I'm looking for, peculiar that a boy like yourself isn't out there foolin' around and play using your Quirk," Ayaka answered, my head following to where her eyes observed a duo of kids that nearly fell next to our bench, "I always preferred studying by myself, but even as a kid doing anything else besides using my Quirk in all manner of ways every day until I would get tired."

"If you're asking whether or not I'm Quirkless, I can assure you, that's not the case. It's just far different from the others," I answered truthfully, "It's just that I prefer spending my time researching and going over my notes outdoors on a day like this. It might seem evident by this point, but I'm no ordinary eight-year-old boy. I'm past that phase of mindlessly using my Quirk like that, experimenting and testing its limits is more appealing."

The woman remained silent for a few more seconds before responding, "Well, this can't be how you spend all of your free time, is it?"

"Oh, no, I have someone that I'm close with, but she couldn't meet up with me today since she had something planned with her mom," I replied casually, "Which is kind of weird now that I think about it, it's been a while since I went out on my own. Before I met her, I didn't interact much with other kids because… you know. So it was a welcomed change for once."

"I'm glad to hear that," The woman shook her head playfully before smiling, "Sorry, dear, how rude of me, I haven't told you my name, I'm Ueno Ayaka, but you can just call me Ayaka."

"Toshiaki Yukio," I shook her hand, "It's nice to meet you."

"Another question that puzzles me," Ayaka began, "You mentioned that you prefer to train most of the time, that makes me wonder, what kind of Quirk is it?"

"I would…" I sweatdropped, thinking whether or not to give the mouthful of an answer about my Quirk, "While it's "simple" to explain, it's a bit more complicated if I try to explain it."

Akaya merely laughed. "Son, I may be old, but that doesn't mean my brain has given up on me yet. Why don't you just try and see if I can follow along?"

"Since you insist," I responded while holding up two fingers, one turning to an orange color to signify its heat and the other releasing tiny jade-colored sparks. "My Quirk allows me to essentially make a copy of a person's Quirk, albeit a slightly weaker version. While that may sound simplistic at first glance, there are tons of details on how it's used and the Quirks I collected with it.

"My, that is a rather unusual Quirk," Akaya responded while taking a piece of paper for closer examination, "Now all these notes make a lot more sense. Finding the right ones that fit, not to mention making something new. I take it you plan on becoming a Hero since you started off this early?"

"Heh, not just any Hero," I uttered spontaneously, not far from the truth honestly.

"Oh, then what kind?" Akaya asked curiously.

Several seconds passed with pure silence as I pondered the question, a simple yet very difficult one to answer. However, I knew just the right thing to say.

"A Hero greater than All Might."

I said that statement with a wide smile.

Akaya responded with a smile of her own, "If I hadn't had this small conversation with you, it would be hard to memorize as all other kids say the same. You, however, just might accomplish that feat someday."

"Seeing as how I told you my Quirk, mind telling me yours?" I asked, purely to continue the conversation since we got this far.

"Why don't I just give you a little demonstration, instead?"

Taking another scoop of seeds from her pouch, Ayaka tossed all but one, extending her hand closer so I could see. The seed in her hand was now coated by a yellow aura that circled around it, before quickly increasing in speed. After about ten seconds, a large Sunflower came out and quickly grew to full size. When she extended her hand once more for me to take it, I failed to realize that I hadn't said a word or moved an inch when her demonstration finished.

"Son? Are you alright?" Ayaka asked with a worried look, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry… It's just that my mother had a Plant related Quirk, she passed away when I was still a baby," I responded calmly, showing no sign that it bothered me, "I guess I was just caught off guard by your Quirk. I haven't seen a similar one ever since she was still around."

"Oh…" Ayaka's face turned to one of regret before continuing, "I'm terribly sorry, dear, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories."

I immediately shook my head, "No need to apologise, Ayaka-san. There's no way you would have known something like that. She loved to take care of plants and always make changes to our garden whenever she was done with work. With a Quirk like that, I'm guessing you have a similar hobby?"

"I owned a flower shop when I was younger, it wasn't the biggest or most well known in the city, but it was mine," Ayaka commented, a smile forming before continuing. "It was a much more peaceful route to take, the hero business was a bit too fast paced for my liking.

"I think I might know what that's like," I commented, "My dad owns an auto repair shop. It's not much, but he poured his heart into it and enjoyed what he had. That's a good way to look at things."

"Anyways, back to my Quirk, would you like to copy it?" Ayaka asked nonchalantly.

I was slightly caught off guard by how leisurely she said that. Definitely not expecting to be asked that question. "I… don't want to be rude, since you choose to sit here under the assumption I needed some company, this would be asking too much."

Ayaka waved it off, "I don't mind, if it can be passed on to a younger generation, I wouldn't have anything against it. Besides, if your mother had a Quirk similar to mine, I'm more than happy for you to have it. Taking care of her garden would be a lot easier with it rather than without. That, and I'm sure you'll find other uses for it eventually."

If I remembered one thing from my grandparents; when they give you something, you take it, no questions asked. It was a golden opportunity, mind you, I'm just surprised how fate works in weird ways. After the process was complete, I asked her some nitpicky questions regarding the Quirk's functionality and limits.

"Just make sure you make some unique ones for your mother's tombstone when you go visit her." Ayaka requested politely, nodding in agreement.

"I will," I promised, "Actually, I know another person who'll like them."

"Oh," Ayakla asked, raising an eyebrow. "And who might that be?"

"Remember that friend I mentioned earlier?" I asked, prompting her to nod, "We train together almost every day, well, more like me teaching her everything I know, but she has a unique skill of her own that balances things out. I gave her some flowers as a gift for pushing herself to the limit every day ever since we met. She liked the ones I gave her, I think. I want the next ones to stand out compared to the last batch."

"I see," Ayaka hummed, "What did she say when you gave them to her?"

"Nothing, which took me by surprise, honestly" I responded truthfully, "She's a rather talkative person, so the first thirty seconds of silence made me think otherwise. I'm not the kind of person to think much about gifts, let alone trying to figure out the appropriate one to give to someone."

"If you say so," Ayaka said while looking off to the distance, lips gradually forming a small grin.

"What?" I asked, the way she said that made me feel like I missed something.

"Oh, nothing," Ayaka said, a small hint of amusement in her tone, "Just remembering an old memory. Nothing to concern yourself over, dear."

While she was saying that, continuing to feed the pigeons without a care in the world,+ the expression on her face told me otherwise. Yet, I couldn't piece it together. At one point, I realized the answer until my mind finally stopped bugging me about it.

"Old people are confusing."


Since Izuka planned our last outing, I had a week to think of where we could go when the next day off comes around.

A friend of my dad gave him several tickets to the Zoo since he had spare ones when he went with his own family. While he and I would most likely enjoy the experience, he told me to take Izuka with me instead, or encouraged, to be more specific. Having no issue with that, I kept my little surprise a secret until our day off.

I only visited the Zoo two times in my life, both instances being in a different city as the one where I lived didn't have any. Either way, I was looking forward to the experience.

Just like last week, the two of us were walking in the middle of a bright sunny day, not a single cloud in the sky. To our luck, we didn't encounter any Villains when we met up, so I intended on keeping the flow going. Instead of me occasionally dropping the "where we going" question like last time, I was leading the way, humming an old song that infested my mind while we walked in silence.

Yet, in the corner of my eye, I couldn't help to notice Izuka opening and closing her mouth without making a sound, doing so a few times and most likely, even more, when I didn't pay attention. Seeing Izuka second guess herself before she could ask me the question on her mind

After a certain point, I couldn't help but release a soft chuckle.

"W-What's funny?" Izuka asked innocently.

"Oh, nothing," I replied simply while turning my head to face her, "I just find it interesting how different we are. Last time, I bugged you like a little kid asking 'are we there yet' every few minutes or so. You, however, want to ask me something for about fifteen minutes now and I've yet to hear it."

Realizing that I noticed her when she would do that, Izuka's face changed to a bright shade of red in embarrassment.

"Relax," I nudged her with my whole body before straightening my balance, "Only fair to keep our destination a surprise, it's far better for when you see it rather than spoiling it, that, I'm sure of."

"If you say so, Yukio-kun," Izuka said lowly, deciding to contain her excitement as best as she could.

To get there, we had to take a bus that greatly cut down the travel distance, and after another fifteen or so minutes of further walking, the Zoo finally came into view in the distance.

Izuka's eyes lit up upon realizing where we're going, turning to look at me for confirmation, giving her a cheeky grin as a response.

"I have never been to the Zoo before!" Izuka admitted with a wide smile.

"You're in luck, neither have I," I raised my hand to wave two tickets with gold edges, "We have a pass for the whole day, plenty of time to go over each exhibit. Shall we?"

Bowing slightly with my hand gesturing towards the Zoo, Izuka's growing smile only got bigger, bopping her head in pure excitement.

By this point, it was impossible to walk at a slow pace, as containing her excitement was becoming impossible, so we broke off into a light jog, finding myself to be falling behind Izuka for the first time.

It was a win in my book.

The Zoo itself was fairly large, and pretty neatly designed, alongside the state-of-the-art exhibits that accommodated each individual animal as if they were royalty. We spent the better part of two hours going to each exhibit while taking small breaks in-between, only to quickly get back up and continue exploring.

A thought popped up while watching the animals, what would happen if I would try absorbing an animal?

Some of their properties would be most likely converted to accommodate a human's physiology, but that would only include their senses. Animal Mutation Quirks are a different story, far easier, and most likely a major improvement.

After a certain point, I pushed those thoughts into the back of my mind for the time being. There is a proper place for that, but for now, enjoying our time here took priority.

Besides the Zoo, this place was well known for having an aquarium that was equally well known, another reason why it was one of the more popular locations in Musutafu.

I have never been to one of these, and personally, I preferred this to the Zoo since I grew up close to the sea. There was a lengthy set of stairs leading underground, with the "celling" being made out of glass that presented the aquarium in its full glory, dubbed the open section where fish of every kind possible were swimming about. At first, Izuka seemed reluctant the further we went down, reassuring her it's as safe down here as it is up top. When we got to ground level, there were several pathways that lead to different sections, housing specific species in large packs.

That's where Izuka's little fear completely vanished, unable to look away from the large swarm of different kinds of fish the more we walked. We made sure to take our time since Izuka would take long pauses to simply admire the view.

Oh yeah, it was definitely worth coming here.

As we were walking around, something caught my eye.

While the many kinds of underwater animals were breathtaking to look at, my eyes were focused on a man in his mid-thirties, or more specifically, the job he was doing.

He was a pretty plain individual by this world's standards, a sort of slender build with his blonde hair wrapped into a ponytail, picking up an electric eel from a large glass container. Around him, a safety line was placed with several meters of empty space, the parents making sure no child doesn't accidentally sneak through.

Why did it spark my interest?

Well, the eels in my world don't produce any visible electricity, and I remember the average volts it can have is around the six hundred range, depending on the species.

But these ones produced a blue layer of electricity that coated its entire body, or more accurately, would do so when taken out of the water.

Yet, this man didn't flinch.

Once my eyes saw that I knew what to do.

"Excuse me, Mister?" I approached the man, just when he placed another eel into the exhibit. Izuka stayed a few meters behind, still eyeing the large underwater aquarium in its full glory. When the man fully turned, I saw a name tag with 'Takumi' written on it, "I'm not interrupting your work, by any chance?"

"No, not at all!" Takumi replied as he closed the tank, "What can I do for you, little guy?"

"Well, while you were working, I couldn't help to notice these eels aren't the others," I looked down to the container housing the rest of them, "Can't say I have ever seen ones that form an electric shell around their body like these do. I'd wager these babies each have a few thousand volts minimum."

The man chuckled, "That's a close estimate, you're not far off," Walking over to the container, he tapped the glass before continuing, "When in a group, they have so much electricity running through them that forms an amazing spectacle with all of them connecting to each other. They have to be taken out every week or two for a brief checkup to make sure they're healthy. Food can easily get clogged up between their gills."

"Interesting," I hummed, "Compared to other species, they pale in comparison. Not only the amount of power they hold but in appearance as well."

"I know right?" Takumi responded, "These ones don't aren't as dangerous as they look like. Well, for me they aren't, that is. Not everyone can simply pick one up and hold on to it. Otherwise, they would fr-"

"-fry the person to a crisp in about five seconds?" I finished with a pure tone.

His eyebrow twitched upon hearing that, most definitely not expecting to hear that from a kid. "Yeah… that."

"Speaking of which, how are you able to withstand that large amount of electricity without any kind of protection? Is it because of your Quirk?" I asked with my head titled.

"Bingo," Takumi snapped his fingers, "You see, I have a high resistance to electricity even when it's not active, but it's way weaker compared to when it's on. For a full hour or so, I can resist up to several thousand volts like a breeze, maybe even higher but I never personally tried or fully checked. Afterward, the more I try to resist the lesser I can actually withstand. I can also increase focus on individual parts of my body to be more resistant than the rest."

"Hmm, now that is an interesting detail," I said with a thoughtful expression, "While it most presumably gives minor resistance even when not active, or when the duration is used up, solely focusing on the heart and brain to not risk potential damage. If the scenario isn't that severe, the body won't suffer too much as a tradeoff."

"Y-Yeah," Takumi said sheepishly while rubbing his neck, "I wanted to shoot my shot at becoming a Hero when I was your age but didn't have much success. Can't do much with a Quirk that's too situational like mine. Still, it has its uses."

"Not even with Support Items?" I asked, "I'm sure some kind of device could be made to further increase the odds."

Takumi merely waved it off. "Nah, later on, I realized it wasn't my thing. When all the other kids say they wanna become a Hero you kinda get roped in subconsciously. I get more freedom doing various jobs that need my Quirk in a more laid-back lifestyle," the man explained before his phone buzzed, causing him to look down for a second or two, "Anywho, I'd love to talk more, little guy, but I gotta finish up here and tend to some of the animals up topside. It was a nice chat, be sure to come again in the future. I tell you, if there's a perk to working here is simply kicking back and enjoying the view."

"Before you do, there is one other thing I wanted to ask ya," I asked Takumi, nodding for me to continue, "My Quirk allows me to make an identical copy of any Quirk at one-tenth of its value. I try to find different and useful Quirks that can be suited for any situation when I become a Hero. When I saw you lifting up these eels like it's nothing, I just had to ask you about your Quirk. Seems like my hunch paid off."

"Cool…" Takumi whistled, "Wait! That means you can use a bunch of Quirks to do something different, right? Or is it a 'use one at a time' type of deal?"

"The former, actually," I replied with similar enthusiasm, "Not only would it be useful against electricity-based Villain, but I can also implement it in attacks that wouldn't harm me or my allies by adding a few more Quirks to make the ideal combination. Just one piece of a puzzle allows me to further enhance its capability while making new ones in the process."

"Can't say I expected this on my weekend shift," Takumi chuckled, "I never could use it to get into the Hero business, but I'd be more than glad for a bright young man such as yourself to use it, at least it's in the hands of someone who can make it interesting."

"Please, Takumi-san," I stopped the man in his tracks, "You don't give yourself enough credit. It might not be flashy like other Quirks, but calling it 'uninteresting' from what it can do on its own is simply untrue in my eyes."

After allowing me to copy his Quirk, I gave him a quick rundown of the process, as well as introduced myself. When I got an ideal amount, I thanked him and allowed him to resume his work. While he was busy lifting up a fairly large eel, my eyes couldn't help but scan the nearby container that housed the rest.

"Another time," I thought before I could reconsider, "While I would "probably" be fine if I tried it, I'd rather not die a second time for a mere gamble."

I was so tempted, but I already got what I wanted, no need to be greedy now.

Once I was finished with my little side venture, I went back to where I separated from Izuka, finding her with a worried glance while looking around for me.

"Where were you, Yukio-kun!" Izuka rushed forward when she spotted me, almost crashing into me but stopped at the last second, "You missed the best part!"

"Sorry for vanishing like that," I apologized awkwardly before raising my hand lazily, "But I found a worker with a Quirk that piqued my interest, so I had to talk to him before he could leave. Luckily, he didn't mind me copying it."

"Oh, really!?" Izuka's eyes sparkled, completely ignoring the fact we briefly separated, "What kind?! Did you ask some questions about it, perhaps?!"

Just before Izuka could take off her backpack to get a notebook out, I stopped her, "Or, we could go topside first and get something to eat before getting into that. Besides, the lighting in here isn't the best for writing down notes."

"Wait!" Izuka grabbed my wrist, the evident excitement yet to die down, "We haven't checked out the rest of the aquarium, that tunnel over there is the way out!"

My mouth opened but nothing came out but a small yelp as I was yanked forward, entering a light jog while making our way to a glass tunnel. Wherever I would turn, I'd see a new group of fish swimming about in large groups, the environment itself giving it the feel like you're literally walking on the ocean's floor with its design.

While the view was breathtaking, my attention was split elsewhere.

Usually, I tend to speak my mind when I would be dragged like this, but seeing that wide smile across Izuka's face when she would turn her head to the side, the longer we ran made it difficult

Yet, I felt bad either way. Because when she realizes that she still hasn't let go of me, I know that face will do a one-eighty in a heartbeat.


"You sure you don't mind giving me these books, Yukio-kun?" Izuka asked the same question for the third time now since I first offered them.

"I told you, they are yours as far as I'm concerned," I replied without looking away from the screen while typing away at the search bar. "I practically memorised them with how many times I had to re-read them to make any sense of it."

"O-Okay," Izuka uttered before continuing. "Thanks again, Yukio-kun!"

Seeing as I had plenty of reading material, I didn't mind Izuka borrowing most of them, as it would be far better to get her up to speed than collecting dust on a shelf. We were in my room after another day of training, Dad had the afternoon shift, so it was just us two.

Izuka went through the books I had while I was doing some research.

It was amazing how the internet gives so much more options to work with, abusing the hell out of it ever since dad brought home a pretty basic computer for me to use. While I could read dozens upon dozens of research articles and different fight styles, I went with a more grounded approach.

Musufasu is one of the most popular cities in the world, the number of things you can find in it are endless. On the Internet side of things, forums were the most that stood out. Made sense with how much Hero activity is going on, but also other activities and groups by the dozen. Since Quirks aren't a secret, the only exception being ones considered dangerous, so their ability is the first or second thing you would notice on a person at first glance.

Since a lot of people are open about their Quirks online, if I can find a

"Hmm, might this be the solution we were looking for?" I mused while leaning back into my chair.

"What is it?" Izuka asked, sliding closer to the desk for a better look.

"A forum I found that has a variety of channels for different topics," I explained. "It also has people that simply talk about their Quirks and what they do. They seem pretty laid back by the comments."

"Wait! I think I know one as well," Izuka jumped towards the mouse to open a new tap, typing away at the keyboard before sitting back down. "I found this site a few months ago when looking for some information regarding a Quirk, ended up finding way more in the process."

"There are plenty others I believe, we just have to do a little digging until we find them all," I

"Where should we start?" Izuka asked abruptly.

I blinked several times before responding. "You mean... like right now? You're okay with it?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Izuka asked innocently with her head titled.

"Well... it's already getting late as is," I said looking at the time. "Knowing us, it will be a while before we look at the clock when we start. We can pick up where we left off tomorrow."

"It-its not a bother!" Izuka waved it off frantically. "I already told my mom I would be over at your house in case it got late so she doesn't get worried. I don't think she would mind if I stay out a bit longer."

"If you say so," I merely shrugged. "I'll walk you home when we're done, just in case."

Izuka immediately object. "Y-You don't need to do that, Y-Yukio-kun. I'll be fine on my-"

"There is no way I'm going to let you walk home late at night, especially when you stayed over because of me," I stated with no intention of prolonging this topic. "Knowing you get home without encountering a Villain will help me sleep at night. I'll be fine on my own once I drop you off.

The look on Izuka face practically spelled that she wanted to continue the debate, but couldn't find the words to do so. With a defeated sigh, Izuka looked away. "It's not n-necessary... but thank you..."

Smiling at how easily I won our little debate, I turned back to the screen. "Okay... what should we look for first?"

"Wouldn't you be the one to know that, Yukio-kun?" Izuka asked curiously.

"I do... but," I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. "I can't make a decision on my own before getting completely off track. So many variables go through my mind that it becomes a jungle on some instances."

Forming a smile of her own, Izuka moved the keyboard closer towards her. "Gotta start somewhere, right?"

"Lead the way." I gestured with a grin, proceeding to watch Izuka furiously type away as more tabs opened with different categories of the two sites we found.

Once again, it was a long night ahead of us.

-Quirks:

Strength Boost - Requires a level of physical condition to properly utilise. When active, increases physical capability by a considerable amount. It's possible to use this ability after surpassing its limit, but at a greatly reduced level.

Quick Heal - Ability to greatly reduce minor/low tier injuries. Functions on a charge system, able to store five charges. First two to three are the most effective, while the rest at a lower efficiency. Unable to heal fatal wounds, disabilities, or

Electricity Resistance - User has great resistance over electric-based attacks, other objects/devices that might be used cause harm as well.

Plant Manipulation - Ability to increase growth of plants with a single touch. Also able to shape, move, control, interact and manipulate existing plants, mainly multicellular organisms. Further extent of this ability is yet unknown.

Explosion - Allows the user to excrete nitroglycerin-like sweat from their palms and ignite it at will to create explosions of various sizes.

Heat Manipulation- Able to increase the heat of the user's hand's to high temperatures, while also able to regulate the heat of objects to a considerable degree.

Rotation - With a touch, the user is able to make an object (up to 3kg/6.6lbs) hover or rotate around the hand that marked them. It is possible to center the focus on the entire body with further training.

Dinosaur - The user is able to enter a humanoid-dinosaur-like state when active. Gives increase in strength and durability at the cost of mobility due to the added weight. Size may vary if further experiment with.

Dust Manipulation - User can create, shape and manipulate dust, fine particles of matter from various sources. Can be used in various ways, most notably weapon creation and to overwhelm opponents if a suitable amount is harnessed.

That concludes Ch5.

Like I mentioned before, acquiring several starter Quirks and the method they'll be acquired in the future is necessary to address. I didn't just want to gloss over how he got multiple Quirks in a few days without the proper insight as we've yet to see that aspect. I won't necessarily make a segment for each Quirk Yukio finds, only if it's an exception or too noteworthy to pass up, but overall, I think everyone knows how obtaining some Quirks will play out.

Some people who asked about the romance side of things, Yukio won't be oblivious but will be dense at times. I'm aiming for the perfect middle ground without dragging it out too much, hate when animes do that. I'm not sure when exactly I should make it so they become a thing, so I'm still unsure about that.

There are a few things I want to do before any slight time skips to Junior High, as we won't be too far off from that stage when the next few Chapters come out.

If you have any Quirk suggestions, be sure to let me know. Trying to find a ideal training plan up until U.A., and since now we're getting to the fun part, I'll enjoy writing the later arcs when we get to them.

The link for Discord is " www - discord gg - bTyYgzEm7r" (Removes the - for the internet links).

Cya next time.

12