Chapter 1: Baby
210 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up, light streaming from somewhere and yawn. Whew I have no idea where I am but after having a freak out yesterday I think I am fine now. I am a baby. I don't know how I went from a 17 year old kid directly becoming a baby, but what interests me is I seem to have some sort of system like what I read in novels but it's not what I expected. Opening it up it only has three pieces of information. My name, My so called "Job" and a mysterious Chat Group.

Arden Yawen
Job: Sage
Magical Studies (Chat Group)

Using my mind as I could barely move my body I select the Chat Group Option in my menu. It opens up a computer like display and it had 6 other people in it each labeled with a single letter. There were an A, F, W, E, H, and N. I was given an S, and I could only guess that it was taken from my Job, and I was curious about the Jobs of the others. Probably related to magic I guess. It seems fun, the whole concept I was in a world where magic exists. I got a notification and someone was talking. 

=======================================

Can I assume that everyone here has reincarnated at the same time? A.

Well I am a baby that used to be 17 so yes. S.

Oh well I am not a baby, I believe I am around 4 years old and I'm pretty sure we just all got our memories at the same time. A.

I am a baby too though like 2 months I think? W.

I think I am like 5 days right now, It's hard to tell because I fall asleep a lot. H.

I don't know how old I am, I don't think I am alive. Are skeletons supposed to move? N.

That doesn't sound good, I suppose you are one? H.

Yeah I was freaking out, but I have calmed down enough to see this chat box thingie. N.

I seem to be the oldest and i was born a noble prince, so bow down to me peasants. F.

Yeah, no. E.

I think we all agree with E that we will not be bowing to anyone for the time being. W.

So what do you all know about the world we are in now? I would like some context. H.

It would make sense to ask the oldest of us that question, I don't know a lot either. A.

Although no one wants to bow to me that's fine, I have a tutor so I know a lot, bear witness to my greatness- ahem, so it's like this:
     We are in the world of Astica, and I am the second prince of the Rhinold Kingdom, you may bow- I mean, your welcome. Anyway, this world is a mix of some of the classic creatures from Isekai stories and it had a level system. You get a Job when your born and depending on how your raised the sooner you get your status report. I got it when I was born I was told, but I lived my life not knowing my past at all, it just hit me in the face, literally. Your status must be appraised by someone who owns an Appraisal magic which is very rare. It then unlocks your system upon reading your report, and you live based on the job that is discovered for you. Some people get simpler Jobs like Adventurer, or Blacksmith, and they have different guilds they are assigned to, to do missions. I for one, am a Firemancer, and I am part of the Mages Guild! Supposedly I am part of a subsidiary that specializes in fire, and I can't do any other magic, unlike simpler jobs like Mage Apprentice and Wizard and the like. They can learn any magic as long as they have the right symbols. Only 6 main elements have been found and most magic is just different formations of that element. Most people only learn the simple magic in one element because of their talent or something, but I can analyze much more fire based magic then even some middle mages! F.

I can testify the status part of it, I was tested at 2 and I was given the Job, Airmancer. So far I can only make a tiny breeze but I think I am using magic wrong for the most part.  A.

F, you said something about there being 6 elements? I think that each of us will specialize in those elements, I am a Watermancer. W.

Earthmancer. E.

I'm a Healer so I think I use the element of light then? H.

Well I'm a Necromancer and it kinda makes sense that I'm dead now, I suppose I use darkness. N.

I don't know what element I use, my Job is "Sage". S.

From mythology of my old world, a Sage is often a Prophet or someone with wisdom to do anything, so you either can control all the elements or have some control over time. A.

I'm getting tired, I think I will chat with you guys tomorrow, goodnight. S.

Ok, Goodbye. A.

Bye. E.

See you later then. W.

See ya! F.

Have a good sleep. H.

Goodnight. N.

=======================================

 

I turned off the system interface as I felt myself slowly drifting in and out of sleepiness, and I could see what appeared to be little balls of light of all colors floating around in my vision, I think it was the elements, but I was so tired I conked out like immediately after. 

9