Arc 1-2
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A rabbit hop out of the bushes, causing the boy to sigh out of relief through his nostrils, and as he eyed the rabbit with curiosity and wariness. 

"...Jeez, that was scary, thought something bad or anything" he mutters with relief with his hand on his chest.

He eyed the wild animal in front, assessing the critter carefully as he analyses the animal for potential defects. 

Namely, anything Supernatural. 

The boy eventually calms down and slowly approaches the brown critter for a better view. Carefully & methodically, each step grew silent as the closer he approaches. The rabbit jerked and briefly eyed the frozen human with judgement before it dismissed it.

The boy rose his eyebrows at the strange response, he continued his approach and eventually arrived in front if the rabbit.

Carefully petting the heat, the rabbit stiffened in surprise as it curiosity eyed the strange creature that decides to approach him.

"...What a weird phenomenon, don't you have self-preservation?" He spoke with curiosity as he eyed the critter with such intensity. 

"...No matter what or where I look at, you're a wild animal. Could it be that you've never met-no, all animals should at least respond with aggression or flight?"

As if to affirm his half-arse speculation, the rabbit didn't struggle free when the boy slowly grabs it and place it in his laps.

They both sat peacefully in the grass, with the boy engrossed in wonder and the bunny chews without care.

"...Not serenity." He paused before he answers, and the critter responded by chewing his clothes. 

"...Hmmm, you're one strange rabbit, since you'll be with me for a fixed amount of time. I shall call you Cinnamon Bun, or Bun-Bun for short." He says with a small smile.

Scratching the back of its ears, he closed his eyes as he listen at the avian choir and nature's hymn. The breeze caresses his clothes as he softly breathes.

'I finally, calm down.' He thought with a self-deprecating smile. 'My earlier actions were unacceptable and irrational.'

Standing up, the rabbit jerked in surprise as the boy cradle it like a baby, facing a new position. It froze as it quietly lay at the boy's arms. 

Satisfied by its actions, Alex immediately averted his eyes towards his left. Seeing a pathway in the forest, he hesitated. 

Right now he's in a spacious part of the woods, the ground is moisty by the elements but otherwise thick & solid. There's a river stream nearby rich with life and plenty of berries and such.

It's basically an Ideal place to build base, and with logs, mud, and rocks. He doesn't lack the components to build a foundation. 

On the other hand, a pathway was nearby. A possible chance to escape this madness, but. Thinking logically, for all he knew he currently stands in a place outside civilisation. What made him think of that?

Because of the rabbit. Presumption might be, but there's unlikely for the alien planet to replicate a million-year-old DNA of a rabbit from his planet.

He might not recognize fishes and anything regarding Botonomy, but bunnies were something he often associates with. So he more or less has formal knowledge and experience regarding Bun-bun.

What does that mean?

It meant he got isekai'd in a parallel world, a world with raw capabilities of destroying a small planet, or a large chunk of it anyway. 

Not to mention, such vegetation and fresh air meant that A. Industrial touch has yet to reach this area, B. This world is in a fantasy setting, or C. Both A and B but something detrimental halted their progress, whether it's in fighting or external force. For now that doesn't concern him that much, he doubted that they could communicate anyway. 

Naturally, he thought of these carefully, for one. The world lacks the putrid excess of chemical and Carbon to that of his world, animals including critters and avians doesn't seem to consider him as a threat. Yet. Further evidence needed to confirm these assessment but back at the matter on hands.

Magic or something equivalent to fantasy/supernatural is highly likely at works, due to the nature of his arrival and the broken-- or... the shattered moon. Again, science fiction is another possibility but the civilisation type 1-2 meant that they'll have to at least have some semblance of manmade interference, and evidence suggests not even a smog of carbon or wildlife interaction already paint that idea. That leaves a fantasy setting parallel world.

As Alex thoroughly speculates to conjure any plausible answers to calm his nerves, the sense of equilibrium wash over him as the nerve-wracking experience of puppetry wash away.

The rabbit nudge it's way out to get more grass to chew. And as a response, he gave a one-eyed scowl at the missing weight in his lap. 

"...Hmm, no matter. At least I could expect slimes and goblins, better ready than not. Ain't that right Bun-bun?" He stood up as he did a mild exercise. 

Cracking his vertebrae with a satisfying pop, he sighed pleasure as he look down at the critter.

He quietly sobs, and as he push it down, he lied back at the nearby boulder as he regains his composure.

“I...  guess it just finally hit me, you know? I have responsibilities back home. A family who count on me. People I... well. I guess seeing your face... just drove it home. I might never get back.”

The Bunny look back indifferently and gulped down it's snack, the boy huff at that.

"What am I even doing, talking to rabbit of all things...am I that  easy to break?"

He says coldly, and each word solidified with confidence and thinly veiled anger as the more he thinks of it.

And those negativity boils as the more he thought of it, that someone is toying with his life.

He watched and read a lot of books back in the good old days, stories that correlates in his peculiar situation. 

Each fate in these stories were horrific if you put it in a realistic way, and he was the same as these characters. For what? Demon lord? Hero summoning? Entertainment?!

He have a good life back home, destined to walk a path of life paved with stress & hardships, that'll reward him a good future.

Now?

He was trapped, contained in this world alone and danger. Whatever god or entities responsible for this occurrence should've made sure he won't back up.

Because nobody, ever mess with Alex came out unscathed. 

The calculating side of him argues to let this case drop and focus on survival lest he earns the ire of said entities. 

But his heart needed an outlet and insulting his kidnapper/s is a good way to defuse his inner turmoil. 

The boy eventually calms down after realizing that what he just did (even iif it was an internal debate) was risky and downright unproductive. 

----

AN: Somehow... I find it easier to write this way.

2