Chapter 1
894 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adelia recognized the monster in front of her. He is a human who several months ago was arrested and made a victim for a ritual, just like herself. If only the Church Soldiers didn't come, maybe Adelia would be used as a victim and turned into a monster like the Lich in front of her.

Once Adelia heard the story about Lich. But she never heard anything good. So the fear she was feeling right now wasn't groundless. From what Adelia heard, Lich was a monster that ate the human spirit, not a human being with intelligence like humans, but a monster that moved based on instinct.

But what should she be afraid of. Not long ago, during the explosion that tore down the dungeon entrance, Adelia had thought that moment was the end of it all. Then what difference does it make to die from a monster.

Adelia is a slave, and will always be a slave. Adelia didn't know how to live other than being a slave, and a slave could only accept and could never choose, even if it was about life and death.

Adelia remembered the life she had been through. Starting from the age of seven, Adelia was separated from her parents and started living as a slave. Changing owner from one to another, what kind of cruel treatment she had never felt. Maybe that's why when Adelia approached the time of her death she felt less fear but mixed with relief.

Adelia once questioned. Why as fellow humans they can act cruelly to other humans. But what can she say, in Geodia's world slavery did exist. And when her parents who were slaves gave birth to children, the children could not be separated from the status of slaves. Only with the release of slave status could they live as ordinary citizens. While liberation can only be done by slave owners, through slave sellers.

Adelia did not move from her seat. Whether it was the result of coming into contact with the god of death or the atmosphere so quiet it made her think about many things. And the most questionable is what should she do now.

Will she still be a slave? Of course, even though Adelia was an ownerless slave, the sealed tattoo made of the magic circle on her hand indicating that she was a slave would not disappear by itself.

If you're going to remain a slave, what about the owner? Another human? But what if the slave owner wasn't a human.

Adelia saw a monster reading a book in front of her. Will my life be like before. Or I'll die right then and there.

But judging from his behavior, the monster in front of her was unlike anything she had ever heard of. After breaking the shackles on her body, the monster gave her food. After hours of digging through the rubble, it had been two hours since the monster sat at the table reading a book. From all of that, there was no sign that the Lich was a mindless monster.

°°°

Lincoln stared at his bones which were covered with dirt, he did not feel the fatigue. Looking around, he had already removed a third of the rubble.

Just like in Drein's memory, this monster's body has more power than an ordinary human! But that seems like enough for today. Even though my body is not tired, I want to read a book! Hohoho ... what kind of book will I read today ...

Lincoln put a few books on the table and started reading. After searching for information from Drein's memories that Lincoln absorbed, Lincoln has mastered most of black magic, black magic starting from Elementary, Intermediate and Master. And magicians have several levels based on their ability to use magic. And their ranks start from Mage, Master Mage and Grand Master Mage.

Drein only mastered Elementary and Intermediate, because Master's black magic had to use rituals which of course used materials and sacrifices that were hard to come by. Apart from black magic, Lincoln gets information about the monsters and plants in Geodia's world. Because Drein apart from being a Mage Master, he is also an Alchemist Master.

As magicians, they cannot be separated from their curiosity for knowledge. So is Drein. In order to find a way to gain power above ordinary humans and a way to immortality, Drein must have knowledge of humans themselves.

Starting from the science of medicine, human anatomy and monsters, the effects of plants and all kinds of science related to human health and death, almost all has Drein mastered, making Drein a Master Alchemist.

Until one day Drein found [Dark Grimoire]. At first Drein just wanted a comparison between black magic and alchemist. But the more he read, the more he believed that black magic is the most true way to achieve his dreams.

From then on, Drein began to pursue the knowledge of the [Dark Grimoire]. Starting from the summoning ritual to the sacrificial ritual he has done. Until his life ended in the hands of the Church Soldiers.

It seems I know enough about black magic and plants. But I have no interest in being a black magician. Even if my body is like this, in a world where there is magic, there must be a way to return my body to its original state!

A thing that Drein struggled with all his life, felt as a curse for Lincoln. If only Drein had known what Lincoln was thinking, it's no wonder he would have gotten angry.

As Lincoln sorts the books in his space ring. Lincoln was interested in several book titles.

Etoo… [Elementary Magic], [Intermediate Magic], [Alchemy], [Magic Tool], [Diagram], [Monster Encyclopedia], [Plant Encyclopedia] and finally [Drein's notebook]. Everything else is not important. For example, [Monster Psychology], [How to Satisfy a Woman] ... Ughh ...

But of the many books, Lincoln could not find the [Dark Grimoire] that Drein had mentioned in his memory. Not that Lincoln wants to learn it. It's just that, it would be very dangerous if grimoires like that were allowed to roam around.

As Lincoln was thinking about the [Dark Grimoire], Lincoln felt someone's eyes at his back. Lincoln looked to the side and then found a woman staring hard at him. They stared at each other for a while until Lincoln decided to talk.

"H-he ... y!" Lincoln tries to speak but the sound comes out like a wolf's growling.

Wow ... My voice is like the voice of the last boss in a game! Ha ha ha...

Lincoln shook his head, from the many surprises made him begin to get used to the nonsense. Without much thought Lincoln returned to the woman earlier.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Y-you can talk ?!"

"Hmm ... Of course!"

Uwaa ... Look at that face ... She's so scared. It's only natural if suddenly monsters start talking to you, maybe I will be like that too. An-anyway I have to break the ice. How about starting with an introduction. But since this isn't Earth, I'd better use another name. Yes a new name for a new life!

But what name will I use. Hmm ...

Garius!

Garius is the name of the game character he has played. And according to Lincoln, the character of Garius with magic that he can use is very cool! Therefore, when he was thinking about a name, the name Garius just came along and Lincoln immediately decided to use that name.

°°°

After eating a few loaves of bread, Adelia felt her strength return to her body. After wearing the clothes Lich gave him. Adelia leaned back in the prison watching Lich in front of her. Until one day the monster started talking to him.

"H-hey!"

*Ssshhh ... 

Adelia took a breath. Adelia didn't answer. She placed a finger in front of her lips with her eyes wide open. As if she could not believe what was happening. 

"Y-you can talk ?!"

"Of course!"

What is this, what happened! I've never heard that monsters can talk! Yes, maybe from the start I knew that the monster in front of me was a monster that came from humans, I also saw that it was a unique monster. But who would have thought if he started talking ...

*Ssshhh ... 

Adelia took another breath to calm herself down.

"Aa ... Ano ..."

"Hahaha ... No need to be so nervous, for starters, may I ask what is your name? Ohh before that, my name is Garius!"

"I-I ..." For a moment Adelia didn't know what to say. Adelia is a given name from the previous owner. But now the owner is gone. Should I continue to use that name.

"My name is Adelia ..."

"Nice name. Greetings to Adelia. For a while, until the road to the top opens, please cooperate."

That was their first conversation. Since then, Adelia's health has started to recover. With minimal effort Adelia began to help remove the debris blocking the road. Adelia and Lich take turns at work digging their way to the surface. When hungry, Adelia depends on what is left of the bread.

From their conversation, Adelia became interested in Garius. A monster six feet tall, possessed tremendous strength. In addition, it seemed like he had not lost his mind and could think like a normal human. Monsters who don't drink or eat and don't feel tired either. True to the name, Monster.

As a slave, Adelia was accustomed to paying attention to her owner. To avoid beatings and torture, Adelia must be able to guess what the owner wants without having to say. And from this monster, there is something Adelia pay attention to.

Apart from digging, the monster loves to read. And if he was reading, no matter what happened he would not care. That will be the time if Adelia wants to run away.

20