Chapter 21
169 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adelia has been in this forest for a week, she doesn't know where she is. Adelia still felt that she was in the Lost Forest, and she believed that if she continued south, she would find a human settlement. But the more she walked south the monsters she encountered became more high-level. It was not uncommon for her to come across Class B and A Magic Beasts which she dodged by using [Stealth].

It started snowing and the game was getting harder and harder for her to find. Adelia was forced to look for edible plants. Since she still hasn't found any sign of civilization, Adelia begins to make plans to survive the winter that is looming. She has stored dry firewood, meat and edible plants in the ring of space. All that remained was a place that could protect her from the cold. But not long, she found a cave at the bottom of the mountain.

In the cave, Adelia began processing the skins of her prey to make blankets and clothes for winter beside the campfire. Only the sound of the cold wind that blows from outside accompanying her daily life.

"Three months, I only have to last three months."

"What are you thinking?."

"Um, it's okay. What am I afraid of."

"Hmm? Hurry up and put your clothes on. You'll catch a cold."

Adelia talks to herself, remembering the words Garius once said. Whether to get rid of loneliness, or to fill spare time, Adelia doesn't know. Because she did everything unconsciously. She felt that Garius was still with her in the form of a necklace and was talking with [Telepathy] because Garius' voice was still heard in her head.

While Adelia was 'chatting' with Garius. A sound came from the cave door. Adelia swiftly drew a gun from her thigh and used [Stealth]. After waiting for a while, a shadow of the origin of the sound appeared. The five meter long animal has a reptile-like shape with a protruding tongue and hairless wings attached to its front legs.

Wyvern! *Shhh ..

Adelia started to move backwards, slowly she tried not to make the slightest sound. But the animal continued to advance to where Adelia was, making Adelia keep going back without noticing what was behind her. Until Adelia's back hit the wall and kicked the rock under her feet it made the Beast growl.

*Grrr ..

Adelia held her breath and looked around for a place to hide. She found a gap one meter wide to the left and entered there. She followed the winding path and Adelia could not find the end. She just wanted to escape the Wyverns without realizing that she had run one kilometer across the gap in the cave until she came out into the clearing in the cave.

Moonlight entered from a hole in the ceiling, illuminating some of the vegetation amidst the open area. Adelia was stunned for a moment before she lit a torch to light her way. After Adelia saw what was in front of her she covered her mouth with one hand to hold back her amazement. Behind the vegetation in the middle of the cavern, Adelia could see a temple there. The petroglyph on the cavern wall depicts a half-animal human performing a ritual using sacrificial human blood to paint a half-animal human body for power. On the other side of the wall was depicted the extraordinary human half-animal strength such as lifting mountains, flying, breathing fire from the mouth like the S class Magic Beast that Adelia had heard in fairy tales. After admiring the view, Adelia remembered Garius's words again.

"Huh, of course. And not just any mage. After the current trial I'm sure that humans can be enchanted. That way I can make superhuman, do you understand what I'm saying?" said Garius.

"Superhuman ..." Adelia said stretching her words.

Adelia walked back down the cavern and arrived at a temple. There is a statue of a half-animal man with ears and a tail like a wolf.

"Beastman! Shhh"

Adelia saw the Beastman statue in front of her. If it really is a Beastman statue, then Adelia is close to the beastman territory. And they are a race that resides in the Barbarian Wasteland. How could she be there? Adelia began to think about the events of the past week.

Initially she was in the eastern part of the Lost Forest which was separated by the [Main Road] between Eldia and Kart from the western part of the Lost Forest. If Adelia was carried away by the wind to the western part of the Lost Forest, after she had walked south for a week she would come to the cities of Arvo, Faila or Dahar if she really lost her way. But she found absolutely no sign of human settlement even after a week of walking south. Except..

Yes unless Adelia flies to the end of the Hayes Mountains in the north and starts up the Hayes Mountains from the left side of the Barbarian Wasteland. She couldn't believe the results of her calculations, but that alone could explain why she was here now. But now Adelia knows where she is, and she knows what to do.

The corners of Adelia's lips slowly curved upwards and turned into a grin. Yes, not a smile, but a grin. She could imagine herself drawing her knife at General Harris's neck to take his life.

Adelia carefully approached the Beastman statue and entered the temple. Inside the temple there was a rectangular altar made of reddish black stone with chains and shackles on it, considering the petroglyphs in the wall cavern, Adelia could conclude that this altar was used in sacrificial rituals. Under the altar there is a ditch that was used to drain the blood of the victims, and the gutter ends up in the hands of the Beastman statue. On the walls of the shrine are ritual images such as the ones on the cavern walls.

But there is a picture that catches Adelia's attention, which is a diagram. Adelia thought she had seen a similar picture, so she began to search in her space ring to find a parchment with the exact same picture as the one on the temple wall. At the temple, the rituals are clearly explained, starting from the ritual of worshiping the god, drawing blood, to the Enchanting process that Garius had done. Even though they are 'slightly' different, they can be said to be roughly the same. 

Adelia began to look alternately between the picture on the temple wall and the parchment in her hand and wild ideas entered her head. What if she does a ritual? Adelia put the parchment she had next to the diagram on the wall and began to compare. Unknown to Adelia, the Enchant Scroll in her hand is the prototype of the Enchant Scroll that Garius used on Brian.

Before Garius enchanted Brian, he had already made several Enchant Scrolls such as Fire Converter, Wind converter, Earth converter and several Auxiliary magic diagrams such as Acceleration for agility, Strengthening for strength and Stealth to make new cloaks and tie them all into one bundle.

But who would have thought Brian would choose the only element he didn't create. And Garius also didn't know that the three meter wide thin black cloth that he wanted to use to make a robe had also changed into a maid uniform.

After making sure that the picture on the temple wall and the diagram in his hand with Adelia began to hesitate. What if something happened to her? But Adelia doesn't have much choice at the moment. Class A and B Magic Beasts, the weather is getting colder and colder, plus she is currently in Beastman's territory. Meanwhile, the only weapon he had was a gun with [Fire Ball] and [Wind Slash] magic.

Adelia played with the Enchant Scroll in her hand and her eyes fell onto the bundle on the floor. If I'm not mistaken, Adelia pulled this parchment from the bundle that was currently scattered on the floor. Then Adelia looked at the diagram in the bundle. There are five scrolls there, plus the Strengthening Scroll which is in Adelia's hand. Why are the scrolls tied together like this? What the Master is planning. Are all these scrolls going to be used on Brian ?.

"Hahaha, and not only Brian, you will also have your turn. Hahaha!"

"So one of these Scrolls is mine."

"Of course!." Adelia's eyes lit up and started tidying up the messy Scroll.

But which scroll? It has the emblem of the Wind, it looks like this Scroll is not for me.

Wall diagrams and Wind diagrams. There are four scrolls that Adelia doesn't know for whom the scroll Master will use. But she had come to the conclusion that these Scrolls would one day be used on someone. But now the person who needs strength the most is Adelia. So she will use it.

Without a doubt Adelia went up to the altar and took off her clothes according to the instructions on the temple wall. After lying down, she placed the five scrolls on her chest. According to the ritual instructions on the wall, Adelia needs human blood to draw a diagram on her body. But the diagram is in his possession. And Master once said ..

"The requirement for an item to become a Magic Weapon is that it must have a trace of mana. That's why I used the Magic Beast's blood to draw diagrams in order to make a connection with the mana inside the thing."

With that, Adelia started doing the ritual by flowing mana into the scroll. Unknown to Adelia, the altar has an ancient magic circle who has same class as a slave magic circle for correcting and perfecting the diagram. The Beastman ancestors created these diagrams because the diagrams drawn in blood could not form perfectly, resulting in frequent failure of rituals. And on the Beastman diagram there is an inbuilt diagram that are like watermarks to enhance the Beastman's natural abilities, such as smell, hearing and sight.

5