Chapter 31
132 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uncle Derek ?." Emily couldn't believe what she had just heard.

"Don't stop! Keep move forward. We have to reach the gap no matter what." Garius reminds.

"Come on, my dear Emily. Stop all this and let's go home."

Garius, Adelia and Emily keep running. When the royal army got into the magic range, Garius started throwing magic and Core Bomb at them.

"Two hundred meters! We can do this." Garius tries to cheer up Emily, who is running hard, but the royal army is very close and the Core Bomb is nearly exhausted.

"Adelia! Give us some time, try to keep their bodies intact." Garius gave the order and started removing miasma from his body. Garius began to concentrate on using black magic on a large scale.

[By the name of the god of death, arose an army of darkness who brought fear in the mortal world. [Summon Skeleton]

This magic is a fake spell Adelia used at that time, but because Adelia doesn't have black elemental mana, she can't use it. And the scale of this magic depends on mana the user releases, and after materialize, Garius must still give mana to keep the magic active.

After the black magic is cast, Garius's black elemental mana starts to spread around him. And from inside his body, hundreds of balls as big as tennis balls were released which were connected to the Lich Core by a thread made of mana and then the balls entered the corpses of soldiers who had died from being hit by the blast of the Core Bomb and Scroll. A few minutes later the corpse began to rise and attack the surrounding soldiers.

"Adelia! Take Emily up the hill, I'll hold them!"

Adelia, who was fighting with the royal army, moved quickly to carry Emily and jumped up the hill to return to the battlefield after she put Emily there, now the rest of Garius, who still hasn't reached the gap, is stuck by the soldiers around him. While Garius and Adelia were fighting again, there was a loud voice from behind the royal soldiers.

"Hahaha Emily oh Emily. What if they know what you have done to them after they defend you like now hmm ?."

"Uncle Derek .."

"Did you say that you betrayed them when they returned to the Lost Forest, hmm?"

"No! It's because you guys used the 'slave orders' on me! I didn't betray them!" Emily argued with all her strength, she didn't want to admit it.

No, I wasn't at fault, I just had to. Due to the influence of the Slave Contract I was powerless to fight back and could only answer when asked the location of Garius's house.

"Hahaha so that's how it is, but that's all your thoughts right, have you asked what they think hmm?" Derek's uncle keeps cornering Emily, hoping to break Garius and Emily's friendship.

"No, they are my best friends. They have saved my life for the second time. They will not hate me .."

"Is that so? Are you sure?"

Garius and Adelia who are fighting can hear everything they are talking about. While Adelia was getting angry and there was anger in her eyes, Garius remained calm and began to retreat towards the gap. A little longer they were able to cross over to the border and escape to Sangu. When Garius and Adelia reach Emily's side, the royal army is still busy fighting the corpse soldiers who keep getting back up even though they have been defeated.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU LOLICON!" Garius shouted with all his might before pulling Adelia and Emily to jump behind the wall.

"Okay, I'm beat. I leave it to you Adelia." After hearing Garius, Adelia carried Garius on her back and pulled Emily's hand forcefully.

"Aw aw aw let go! It hurts, my hand hurts Adelia!" Emily tried to let go of the hand that Adelia was holding, but Adelia's strength could not be underestimated. She kept pulling Emily by force until they reached a place they deemed safe.

"Never mind, don't blame Emily. She couldn't fight back when given the Slave Contract."

"But Master .. Because of her, because of her I almost died!" Adelia seemed unable to let go of the consequences of Emily's actions.

"Yes, I almost died too. But what else, she received orders from the Slave Contract, what can she do ?."

Adelia let go of Emily's hand and punched the dirt mound beside her.

*Boom!

"I'll go for a moment. You guys get along well Hahaha." with that Garius stopped his magic and immediately fell unconscious.

"Let's go quickly. We don't want to be chased by the royal army, do we?" Adelia said without looking back and continued walking towards Sangu through the trees at the foot of the Hayes mountains.

"Adelia, sorry .." said Emily who fell behind.

"I don't care. As a slave I don't have to think. Master told me to get along with you and that's what I'm going to do."

°°°

That night, Adelia found a place to set up a tent and began to take out camping gear. With Emily's help, the camp stands in a flash and Adelia decides to hunt for their dinner, leaving Emily and Garius in the tent.

*Bang!

Adelia landed perfectly in front of the tent and immediately took out firewood from her space ring. After the bonfire was lit, Adelia started processing the animal she had just hunted.

"Sniff, sniff." heard sobs from inside the tent. But Adelia didn't care and continued her work.

After the animals finished the processing and had been grilled at the campfire, Adelia called Emily to eat with her. Emily came out of the tent with red and swollen eyes from crying and make Adelia feel bad and asked her.

"Are you okay ?."

"I-I already .. I feel sorry for you." Emily replied with difficulty.

"I told you, I don't care. You don't need to think about it anymore. Now eat first. You need strength."

"bu-but you haven't forgiven me."

"What's the difference? Master has forgiven you, that's enough isn't it. Now it's just you, what are you going to do from now on. Or is there something you haven't told me?"

"It is not like that.."

"So? After all, I don't care. If there is something you haven't said, you should immediately tell Master. He has done a lot for you, at least you can tell how everything happened without covering up anything. What actually happened. At least, that what you can do for what Master has done for you, "said Adelia while eating her food.

Emily just stood there holding the food in her hand without any sign that she was going to eat it. After Adelia finished with dinner she returned to the tent leaving Emily in front of the camp. Inside the tent he saw his Master's body lying on the carpet, a warm smile appeared on her lips and Adelia hugged Garius.

"Master .. ?"

In front of the campfire, Emily is anxious about Adelia's words that keep ringing in her ears.

°°°

Primist Capital Prison. A royal knight drags a woman into a cell and shackles her legs and arms in chains to the wall. There were clothes that were no longer functioning properly to cover the woman's body which had blue bruises all over her body. After the knight left the cell, two priests entered the cell to check on the woman.

"Wait, how did the interrogation go? Did she say anything?" one of the priests summoned the knight who had just left. And the knight answered.

"No, she always said that they were only acquainted in the Lost Forest after saving her from a rampaging troll."

"All right, now you can go."

The knight then turned his body and left after muttering between his breaths. "Tch, the damn priest is acting like a boss."

"How's the condition ?." asked the priest with the priest who was in the cell.

"Mm, slave magic can still be done. But you have to wait for her to regain consciousness."

"Tch, all right. Let's go back. The high priest will be displeased later if we can't unravel the diagrams on the bracelet and shoes."

"Who exactly is that Lich, in the last five hundred years there hasn't been a record that the lich ritual was successful. But he was able to do it, after we struggled to obtain [Dark Grimoire]."

"That's why [Dark Grimoire] shouldn't fall into that Lich's hands. Or the Goddess Astra's prophecy will really happen."

"But it can't be right? Isn't the [Dark Grimoire] is in the hands of the high priest Jones."

"Yeah impossible, we don't need to be afraid that it will happen. We just have to focus on the diagram inside the bracelet and the shoe. Especially after hearing that the lich can use a slave contract to make a bow? Is that true or just an imaginary of this stupid girl."

"Hahaha, stupid. What a fool, she actually tells everything just to get war merit, even though that she doesn't have a chance to be the heir of the Steinsburg family but go straight to the gallows."

"Hahaha, Ah looks like she will wake up. Hurry up and do it. After making her a slave, we will continue the research."

"Then who will be the master?"

"Let the high priest Jones decide, who knows if he wants to have some fun with this stupid woman hahaha." 

3