Chapter 45
79 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Green scenery as far as the eye can see, stained by the sunset light from the west, Garius threw himself into the big chair on the porch of his house. Laughter sounded from inside the house sounded melodious like music in his ears.

"Ah, if life would always be like this."

Right now he was tasting the pinnacle of life. He had forgotten all the sacrifices he had made for a long time and Garius knows clearly that caring is more difficult than getting.

After the night began to blanket the black village, Garius returned to reading his book. The flickering of the candle light in the wind did not prevent him from enjoying the book in front of him.

"Good evening Mr. Lich." came a melodic voice from the front steps of his house. Garius got up from his seat to see a woman there.

"Good evening, Miss Giaru. Or is it better if I call you princess?" after a few steps, Garius can see the woman in all white clothes in front of him.

A grown woman with white hair at the waist and a dress like a kimono? No, more like a knee-length bathrobe without any accessories. The sweat on her forehead only makes her mature face even more dazzling in Garius's eyes.

Garius is stunned there until the barefoot woman comes closer and gives her hand for a handshake.

"Looks like I don't need to introduce myself. But I'm not here as the daughter of the Tiger King. But a priestess from the shrine of Goddess Kali and God Shiba." Giaru replied.

"Mm, all right then. Please sit down, sorry if it's a bit messy." Garius didn't take the hand that Giaru offered, he kept his hand behind him, then he waved his hand towards the seat on the porch of his house.

"No, no, sorry if I bothered you." Giaru doesn't seem to mind Garius's refusal and sits where Garius is pointing.

"So what can I do for you, Miss Giaru." Garius immediately asked Giaru as he returned to his original seat.

"I just wanted to have a chat with you Mr.Lich. Am I asking too much?"

"Hmm, really? It would be an honor to be able to talk to a woman as beautiful as you, if I were a beastman."

"Does lich lord feel at home living in this village?" Giaru ignored Garius and threw a question.

"Mm, what a comfortable village. I have no complaints."

"I also like this forest, where it is serene and peaceful. If there was no war."

"Mm, I agree with you. Although sometimes differences are still a cause of strife. I think war can be avoided if both sides can talk and find a light."

"That's why we created rules to maintain peace in this forest, sir."

"Even though sometimes the rules themselves cause wars?"

"Um, but we still have to maintain the rules and traditions of our forest."

"There are always exceptions to all things Miss Giaru." Garius shook his head.

"I hope so sir. Unfortunately it's not that easy, once an exception occurs, there will be a second and a third that we really don't want."

"Even though the exception is the right thing?"

"Even if that is the right thing, sir." Garius and Giaru stare for a moment, Garius sees the peaceful and cool eyes of the priestess in front of him. Giaru doesn't look away, as if she wants to see what's inside Garius' heart and wants to understand what he's thinking.

"Umu, it looks like it's getting late, nice to talk to you, Miss Giaru." The first Garius looked away and opened his book again.

"Then excuse me, nice to talk to you." Giaru excuse herself and headed back to her tent.

After a while Garius felt the air around him change. The atmosphere was so romantic that it returned to the usual silence of the night.

Wow, is that magic? No wonder Kaku and the others seemed enchanted. But what the woman really wants. There was no way she bothered to come to me just to say all that.

(Okay, now you can come out of hiding.)

(((Whoa!))) There was a loud noise which then several ninjas appeared from various directions and gathered in front of Garius.

"Ha .. hahaha. What the hell are you doing." Garius shook his head.

"I-I'm just curious about what Master was talking about with Princess Giaru."

"" "Me too, Master." ""

"Hahaha, okay. Now let me ask you. Why did that princess get to my house." Garius looked at the ninjas in front of him.

"We've been trying to stop her, Master. But that woman keeps coming back here and .. and .."

* Sigh ~

"All right, you guys go back to your posts. Pay attention to the female bodyguards and don't get too close to the princess. She has enchantment magic that you can't escape."

"Eh .. Is that true Master ?."

"I'm not lying to you. Stay away from the woman, but keep an eye on her movements. "

"" "Yes, Master !." ""

After giving orders to the Ninjas, Garius enters the house only to find Adelia sullen face and returns to the chair on the porch and reading his book.

°°°

"Welcome, Sister Clara, how was your trip, have you encountered any difficulties?" asked a priest who served in Sangu.

"It doesn't matter. We won't be long, tomorrow we will continue our journey to the Barbarian Wasteland, did you hear anything about that lich?" Clara put the equipment she was carrying on the floor and asked the priest.

"Sorry but we in Sangu haven't heard anything and we can't send any priest to the forest because we are short on people here."

"Um, that's what we came for." Clara smiled and gestured for her team to follow the priest inside.

"Ah, please, this way. This is the room we have prepared for the Holy Soldiers" The priest led Clara and her team into a room in the church before he said goodbye.

Without them knowing it, a pair of eyes followed their every move from the dark street in the back alley of a bar. After being sure that what they saw was the Holy soldiers, Dogo and company began to move towards the Forest of Silence to report the situation in Sangu to Garius.

When morning comes, news reaches Garius and he starts giving directions to the ninjas to welcome their guest the next day.

(Kaku here, the target is seen passing through the fox territory, once again ...)

(Report received, have you spoken to the foxes?)

(Lily here, the fox has agreed not to interfere with this matter Master.)

(Mm, continue.)

(Kaku here, the target enters the point B area and will pass point D in 20 minutes.)

(OK, prepare a rousing welcome. Kill all of them and capture the leader.)

(((Yes, Master!.)))

°°°

In a clearing at the frontier of the fox and pig region, Clara and her team walked warily while occasionally glancing around. As they were right in the middle of the open field, [Fire Lance] shot out from the trees.

* stab stab stab stab

Clara nimbly dodged the magic with reflexes that surpassed ordinary humans. After dodging the last of the magic aimed at her, Clara looked around to find her team lying on the ground.

“Adam!…” Clara tried to call but didn't hear a reply from her partner.

Clara didn't let go of her stance. She remained alert looking around for any further attacks. Until two women appeared from behind the trees.

"Beastman ?."

"Hi~" said Lily. Then Summer greeted her from the tree.

"Hello ~" Summer joined Lily from the left of Clara making their position like a triangle.

But it didn't stop there, while Clara was thinking about a strategy to escape, another beastman appeared from behind carrying a short spear with a blunt tip.

"Who are you !? What do you want from me !?"

"No no, Miss Nun. The right question is, what are 'you' doing here?"

"I ..." Clara could not answer, and returned to throwing a question which Lily immediately cut off. "I do not-"

"Never mind miss, you better come with us or .."

"Tch, you think it will be that easy?" Clara, who was like a frightened person, suddenly calmed down.

* sshhhh

Clara took a deep breath and put on a stance and then hurtled towards Summer. Clara chose Summer who looks weak because of her height which is only 150cm.

* Dash

"Whoa she's so fast!" Lily's eyes seemed to glow when she saw Clara sprint rapidly.

Meanwhile, Summer, who was the target of Clara, turned her body to greet Clara's hand who wanted to grab her neck and kick Clara's hand.

* Swat!

Clara's hand who was in front was thrown sideways causing her to fall and roll forward, but when Clara was standing and wanted to run away, Lily appeared in front of her and gave a hard kick to her jaw.

"Ugh .." Clara's body curved backwards before falling unconscious.

(OK, our job is done.)

(Umu, take him to Emily for questioning.)

(((Yes, Master !.)))

Lily shouldered Clara's body and ran towards the black village. When the ninjas had disappeared, a woman appeared in the distance. She shook her head and sat under a tree.

"sir Lich, it looks like I've seen something I shouldn't have seen." The woman smiled seeing a bird in a tree before getting up from her seat and returning to the black village.

1