Chapter 50
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning, Garius and Brian leave the workshop and start preparing to leave for Iudio.

"Is everyone here?" asked Garius.

"Yes sir."

"Umu, this is new equipment for you." Garius distributed chainmail to the ninjas. "I have given this chain mail [Barrier] magic which can withstand intermediate level magic, once. Even though it is imperfect, I can only hope that it can protect you at critical times."

"""Thank you sir!."""

"Okay, we're leaving for Iudio, but I want one of you to watch Holy Army movements."

"Let me master." Dogo volunteered.

"Umu, you can talk among you who will be stalking the Holy Army. One person will advance directly and two people to deliver the message. When ready let's go."

"""Yes sir!."""

Garius sees the ninjas discussing and determining Dogo, Buta and one beastman from the Wolf tribe who will leave. But something caught Garius' attention. The female ninjas are wearing maid clothes!

Garius saw Adelia who was full of smiles and gave a 'How is it' smile with her smug face made Garius shake his head.

Garius' carriage troupe headed towards Dahar before changing direction when they reached a T-junction to go to Iudio, with a rectangular path, Garius making a roundabout avoiding clashes with the Holy Soldiers before he took the southern route to Forti. Rumor has it that the southern highway was the highway most merchants avoided due to the large number of bandits roaming along the highway. Unlike the highway that stretches from Forti, Primis, Arvo to Dahar and Sangu.

Garius stops by Iudio to replenish their supplies and spend the night at the inn. While Garius, Adelia, Brian, Paul and Sam are talking in the room, Dogo's Telepathy is heard.

(Dogo here, the Holy Soldiers are visible. Displays the picture.)

(Mm, report received.) The Garius medal forms water bubbles in the air before turning into a 6-inch round flat screen.

* Glitch * Static Sound

"Hohoho, a lot too. About 200 people. They really think highly of me."

The screen shows the Holy Soldiers building a tent outside the city of Arvo. Buta, who is lurking in Arvo, sends pictures to Dogo which are then sent to Garius.

The Holy Soldiers in their shiny armor and all-white robes, like the paladin characters Garius had seen in the game, looked very strong. With the added 'Blessing' on their bodies, it was only natural that the Eldia Kingdom was proud and made them the iconic protectors of the Kingdom.

The picture stabilizes, Buta moves the medal to the right and left for the situation there. Even though it looks messy, Garius can see the Army moving systematically like an Army that is trained with discipline. Garius keeps on nodding his head until he sees something.

(Hey, what is it.)

(Which one is Master?.)

(It's the one on the horse.)

(Several Bishops from Goddess Astra Church and .. Clara Master.)

(Um, I know Clara. Not her, but the person next to her.) I felt something. Is it just my feeling?

Buta continues to transmit images until Philips looks at him. He started pointing while saying something which the Holy Soldiers responded quickly.

(Buta! Get out of there right now! Move! Move!.)

Buta who heard Garius's command didn't panic, he quickly activated [Stealth] and went towards Dogo. Not long after Buta left, there appeared two Holy Soldiers where he had previously been who returned to the camp after finding nothing.

Buta who watched from the distance were sighing with relief, so was Garius.

"Old lich! Hahaha, you were there! No wonder I felt something when I saw the Bishop."

"Lich? You mean the lich who possessed you back in the village of pigs?" asked Emily.

"Yes, the lich is lodged in an old book. But I don't understand how he managed to escape the detection of the Primis Capital's protective Barrier."

"Hey, doesn't that mean [Dark Grimoire] is in Arvo right now?" Brian woke up from his seat.

"Geez, what the bishop is doing. Bringing the book with him to see me .. Or maybe ..."

"The bishop is being possessed?" asked Adelia.

"No, no. The bishop doesn't have enough miasma for someone who likes the condition for that Lich to enter his body." said Garius.

"Like that time .." Adelia put her finger on her chin and nodded.

"Don't tell me that you want to go there to take the [Dark Grimoire]." Emily glared at Garius.

"I told you, I never wanted that old book. But he'll know where I am, so it's useless to run away as long as the old book is with the bishop."

"Then they'll go to Iudio?" asked Brian.

"Maybe tomorrow they'll move over here." Garius shook his head.

"Should we just fight, sir?" Paul suggested.

"No, that's 200 fully equipped people. We won't win .. Unless the bishop separates from the army and meets me himself. Um, without that book they won't be able to track me down. You old Lich, how long will he bother me."

"Hey, isn't that just your feeling? Maybe the bishop just sensed Buta's existence and found him. Not necessarily he has a [Dark Grimoire]." Emily argued.

"..."

"..."

"Mm, you're right. I was too paranoid about that lich so I'm less calm in thinking."

* Sigh ~

Almost everyone in the room was breathing in simultaneously.

"Well, we'll stick to the plan and go to Forti via the southern route to collect the 'merch' we're going to sell there."

"Hahaha, looks like I'll be having fun catching Bandits along our journey." Paul is excited again.

After Garius made up his mind, they went into their respective rooms to sleep and left the next day.

The horse-drawn carriage exited Iudio headed south onto the long highway along the coast.

"Sea Master. Sea !." Lily looks excited pointing towards Iudio beach.

"Hahaha, do you want to play ?."

"Yes yes Master. This is my first time seeing the Sea." replied Summer.

"Hahaha, okay okay."

(Find a place to camp, we'll spend the night here.)

(((Yes, Master !.)))

The ninjas set up their tents beside the highway before they played on the beach. Garius is standing there watching them have fun swimming and running on the sand of the beach.

"Ugh, if I made a bikini. Why didn't I think about that."

"What is a bikini Master ?." asked Adelia.

"Special clothes for swimming."

"Hou, is it like this .." Adelia pulled her collar down and showed a cloth that functioned like underwear.

"Mm, not much different. It's just that bikinis are made not easily removed so you can swim freely."

"We can always swim freely naked, Master. You just have to give orders."

Garius saw Adelia in her eyes, she seemed serious about her words. Garius looked away and looked back at the ninjas.

"Hey, Adelia! Don't give Garius any weird ideas. That can't be! No, you just can't!" protested Emily, who seemed to hear what Adelia said.

"Eh? What can't Emily?" Garius teased.

"N-naked is not allowed!" Emily replied before running away.

"Ha ha ha." Garius laughs with Adelia.

"Looks like Emily has returned to her original self. Not as desperate as before." Garius remembered Emily's ritual. At that time Emily looked like 'I don't care anymore, do what you want'.

"Mm, she's made a lot of progress after leaving Primis Prison." Adelia nodded and hugged Garius' hand.

(Kaku you are on duty for hunting, we will have a barbecue on the beach tonight.)

(Yes !.)

(Paul and Sam. Drag Brian out!)

((Yes! Hahaha.))

They continued partying until the early hours of the morning. Paul donated a barrel of drink and they danced on the campfire to make the party even more lively.

"Master." Adelia approached Garius who was sitting under a coconut tree.

"Oh, are you drunk, your face is so red." asked Garius.

But Adelia didn't answer and sat at Garius' feet as if it had become Adelia's private seat.

Adelia leaned her head on Garius's chest, calling out his name softly. "Master .. Garius .."

Garius shook his head and stroked Adelia's head, which then Adelia's took his hand and embraced it. Adelia turned to face Garius and smiled at him face up close.

Eh!

For a moment their lips touched before Adelia collapsed hugging Garius.

What the-

Garius is at a loss for words, not because he doesn't like it but more because he doesn't feel anything. He felt like he was pressing his lips against the screen of the cellphone. And for a moment he felt the very strong 'Adelia Love Love Beam' from Slave Contract.

"Looks like I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight .."

1