Chapter 55
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The border of the fox and black village, at the tents of the Holy Soldiers. Giaru, escorted by several priests from the Goddess Kali temple, enters a tent.

Inside the tent, Philip and several bishops are chatting. After the envoys entered, Philip raised his hand to stop their discussion. But before he inquired with the envoy, he saw a female beastman behind the messenger and furrowed his brows.

"Greetings Monsignor. I am bringing the priestess of Goddess Kali temple to speak with you."

"Um, I'm listening." Philip nodded and leaned back in his chair.

"When I sent the news, this lady spoke to me. But .."

"Let me continue from here, sir." Giaru stepped forward and smiled at Philip.

"Mm, and you?" Philip straightened his back and rested his elbows on the table joining his hands in front of his face.

"I am Giaru, holy virgin from the shrine of Goddess Kali and Lord Shiba. Nice to meet you."

"Hmm? What did the priest from the Goddess Kali Temple do with the Lich?"

"We came here with the same goal as you sir. It is in the laws of this forest that we cannot allow beastmen who have been stained with miasma to live in this forest and we want to expel them from this forest."

"Then where is he now, have you guys kicked him out?"

Giaru shook her head. "No sir, when we got to the village, it was already in a state of abandonment without anyone there."

"Can you prove your words?"

"As I said to your envoy, we will allow the humans to search for that lich. On condition that you do not injure any of the beastmen and of course, we will not attack you as long as you obey the laws of our forest."

"Does your law not prohibit humans from entering the forest?"

"Indeed there is no prohibition for humans to enter the forest, we only want to protect our natural resources, sir."

"Strange, suspicious. I can see something strange about this. What if they set up a trap there." protested Jones.

"Mm, we really have no definite way of proving our non-involvement with the Lich. I'm just looking for a way to end all of this peacefully without bloodshed."

"Whose blood do you mean. Us or you beastmen?" Jones glared at Giaru.

"Both sir." Giaru replied.

"Okay priestess Giaru, I have heard you. Let's we end our conversation at this time, because I have something to discuss with my people." Philip said.

"Um, then I will resign." Giaru exits the tent to join his bodyguards to return to the black village.

After Giaru left the tent, the bishops started discussing. Just like Jones said, they couldn't take what Giaru said to them because the possibility that the beastmen were under Lich's control wasn't zero. If what Giaru said was true, they could only return to Primis empty-handed.

The debate was inevitable and the opinions of the bishops were divided into three.

First, the Beastman is already under Lich's control and will attack the moment they let their guard down.

Second, the Beastman hid Lich and allowed them to search the forest. Because they believe the lich's hiding is impossible to find.

Third, Lich was simply no longer in the Barbarian Wasteland.

While the bishops were arguing, things weren't that different in the black village. Fenrir, Leo and several warriors were gathered inside a tent and discussing their king's policies.

"What exactly does our king want. I really don't understand." Fenrir said.

There were no answers from those around him, including Leo who just sat there drinking from a bag made of leather.

"Besides, why should we convince those humans that we don't get involved with the lich, if they don't believe we can immediately kick them out of this forest." continued Fenrir.

"But this is an order from the Tiger King, he has already sent Giaru to mediate."

"Is it okay to allow humans into our forests."

"Yes, there are no restrictions. Of course we will monitor them. You still remember what happened to the pig tribe, see what the consequences will be if you are influenced by humans."

While their conversation was at a dead end, Giaru entered the tent and sat down among them.

"Greetings holy virgin."

"Regards."

"What are the results of negotiations with humans." Fenrir asked.

"It's not that easy, Fenrir Warrior." Giaru shook her head.

"Humans are cunning and greedy, how could they just believe." said a tribal bear.

"Moreover, we bow our heads to them, humans will think we are afraid and helpless against them."

“That's true warrior Fenrir, if given an inch, they will ask for miles."

One by one the beastman warriors expressed their opinion. Fenrir and Leo as senior warriors only listened to them while occasionally sipping drinks.

Indeed, as men blessed by Lord Shiba, they were men who had the blood of God Shiba and bear the name Warrior God Shiba. A race that dislikes trickery and values ​​strength as the truth.

And the woman who is descended from Goddess Kali as being full of love is always the key to preventing warriors from being arbitrary and using their strength to protect the weak.

Fenrir could see the courage and warrior mentality of the beastmen around him. The warriors who would one day replace him bear the names of the Fenrir Warrior from the wolf tribe or Leo from the lion tribe. Really made proud.

"Okay, it looks like it's late and Priestess Giaru is tired. It's time for us to sleep, hurry you guys back to your tents. I'll kick anyone who is late."

Fenrir's words were like a thunderbolt coming from nowhere which left the warriors at a loss. But Fenrir made a gesture with his eyes to the warriors to look at Giaru who was lowering her head.

There was an 'Oh' expression on the faces of the warriors who continued with a smile and they excused themselves one by one to leave Fenrir, Leo and Giaru there. After the warriors left, Giaru slowly raised her face.

"Uncle .. Boo hoo .." Giaru slammed into Fenrir and landed on his chest.

"Yosh, yosh, it must be hard for you."

Giaru didn't let go of her embrace and Fenrir just exchanged glances with Leo and then took a deep breath.

* Sigh ~

This is the real face of the real Giaru. The "girls" that are adored, are not only men but also women both young and old throughout the ancestral forest. As the favorite child of the Tiger King, Giaru never came out of the ancestral forest. But the tiger king's decision one year ago shocked the ancestral forest. Suddenly he sent Giaru to be the Tiger King's envoy who was stationed in the silent forest and this was what Fenrir had been thinking.

"I-I've tried uncle .. B-but they still don't believe me .. Do I look like a liar .."

Fenrir couldn't answer and looked at Leo for help only to get a grin from him. He remembers a similar incident that happened to Leo when Giaru came home after being kicked out by Lich. And it seems that this time it was Fenrir who was the 'sacrifice' to calm Giaru down.

Hou, so you want to take revenge on me. Just watch.

Fenrir glared at Leo.

No, this time you will calm her down.

Leo looked back at Fenrir and pointed at him.

"H-How about Goddess Kali's prophecy, did you have a vision?"

"Yes uncle, no matter how many times I look, they still call me a liar and .. and .. Boo hoo .."

"Umu, leave it to uncle. Tomorrow I will kick them."

"But what if they fight. It looks like they are as strong as the Lich's men I told you about."

"Calm down, no matter how strong they are, we are in a forest of silence. There's no way they could defeat hundreds of beastmen with just a handful of people."

"Really? Promise ?."

"Umu, promise."

"I'm afraid father will be angry if I fail the task this time. Father look like a tiger when he is angry."

Yes, because he is a tiger. "Ahem, he won't be angry, didn't you managed to get rid of that Lich. Well, now you sleep well. Tomorrow, I'll take care of everything." Fenrir stroked Giaru's head.

"Mm." Giaru nodded his head and went to his tent.

After Giaru left, Fenrir summoned some panther tribe beastmen and gave them orders. Until morning came, Fenrir and Leo remained in the tent before they went to the village boundary fence to see the line of Holy Soldiers who were there.

"Hohoho, good morning hooman .. Did you sleep well last night." Fenrir said.

"I want to meet your envoy." Philip said.

"She's resting, sir, looks like she's exhausted." Leo replied.

"There's no need for acting. Was that woman planning a strategy with the Lich in their hideout?" Jones seemed impatient.

"There are no liches in this forest. The Holy Virgin is indeed resting and I never said that you couldn't see her." Leo furrowed his brows.

2