Chapter 57
88 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sangu border and fox village, holy army looks miserable. They no longer cared about their image and were lying there to rest. Philip, who was still riding his horse, breathed a sigh of relief at the desert landscape before him.

They had just used all their strength to escape the siege of the Barbarian Wasteland beastman. While they were desperate, for some reason the beastmen stopped their chase. But the holy soldiers couldn't calm down before they got out of the forest and now this is where they are.

The desert is as far as the eye can see, Sangu is nowhere to be seen in the distance. Philip got off his horse and sat limp on the ground, followed by Clara, Jones and the other bishops.

"Ha ha ha." Phillip's laugh was heard, but not the slightest bit of joy was felt from his laughter.

The bishops looked at each other then laughed together. They knew that their laughter was to laugh at themselves, laugh to let go of the irritation in their chest and to vent their anger after running with all their might as their life depended on it. But now that they had arrived at the Sangu border, they didn't see a single beastman there, making the sense of helplessness they felt just now as if it was a nightmare and now they have awakened from that dream.

"Ah, I thought this was the end of my life. Who would have thought that I could survive after all that happened." Clara breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hahaha, but cardinal. Now what shall we do?" asked a bishop.

"Hmm? Of course we go home .. With a defeat." replied Phillip.

"Mm, no choice. Ah I want to hurry to the capital and take a warm bath." Jones shook his head.

"Okay, we still have a long way to go before we can enjoy a hot bath. Let's go." Philip's feelings were conveyed well to the Holy Soldiers.

None of them wanted a second longer to be there and they got up from their seats and started walking together towards Sangu.

Lose ..

Yes they have lost and no one can argue with that. But this is a sacred task that they must carry out in accordance with the teachings of Goddess Astra to eradicate darkness from the face of the earth Geodia.

Even though they fled the war. It's not that they don't believe Goddess Astra's promise that all those who die in the hands of darkness will rise in the light and be lifted by the goddess Astra herself to become soldiers of light in the sky.

That was because what they were currently fighting wasn't the army of darkness, but still fellow beings from Earth Geodia, Beastman. The Holy Army does not interfere with territorial issues and power.

That is also the reason for Philip's annoyance this time. In his mind, he had fallen victim to a fight between humans and beastman masterminded by a lich.

°°°

"How is it? Is she still there?" Leo asked.

"Mm, Aaahh I don't understand a girl's heart .. I don't know what to do at a time like this .." Fenrir said as he took a deep breath.

They both see Giaru who is daydreaming after crying all night at the house on the hill of the former black village. Fenrir and Leo had been trying all night to calm Giaru down but their efforts only made it worse, only after sunrise did Giaru calm down and like now, she just stared blankly somewhere.

"Don't look at me, I only have one woman in my life that is my wife. It's not like you who have eight wives." Leo said as if annoyed as Fenrir stared at him.

"Ah..Hahaha." Fenrir was speechless and only scratched the back of his head.

°°°

Sigh ~

Giaru took a deep breath trying to release the confusion from her heart. After the world she knew was turned upside down in one day and she learned in such a way ... She couldn't express it in words.

Right now she was like in a dark room without the slightest light there. The only thing she saw was a skull in black cloak in front of her. The only person who believed her words when no one believed her.

Why .. Why do you trust me .. Is it true that you are a dark creature like what they say. In that case, how come those who are with you can laugh freely like they don't have anything to burden them ..

"Even though sometimes the rules themselves cause wars?" said the skull in front of him.

Is that so? But we have obeyed that rule until you ..

No that's not the case. You are right, it is precisely the laws of the forest that have made us shed beastman blood. But what can I do .. We beastmen also want to defend ..

"Don't you stain the knights souls of the beastmen with the word 'pity'!" the Fenrir's words resounded in Giaru's ears.

Giaru is again in a dilemma, whether who is right or wrong, for sure Giaru has failed in her mission to maintain peace and shed blood in the silent forest.

At the moment she could not show her face in front of her father the Tiger King, neither were the Priests of the Goddess Kali and the God Shiba Warriors. That's the main reason why Giaru is down.

Giaru looked at the skull in front of her and ask "What should I do mr. lich .."

"I am a lich! I am a monster! You know that? A monster!"

Giaru did not expect to get an answer from the skull in front of her. She was stunned before realizing that they were her own words that she had created based on the memory of her conversation with Lich that she had met.

But it was from there that she got the answer she wanted. Giaru knows, she can't stay in a dilemma forever and continue to be depressed like now. She had to carry out her duties as a messenger as well as a priestess from the Goddess Kali Temple. And for the black village, it is stated in the law of the forest that anyone can establish their village as long as they are beastmen and are able to defend their village from beastman attacks who want to establish their village there.

"Fufufu .. You are right sir, we beastmen have our own ways. Like you with your ways."

Giaru got up from her big chair and walked over to Fenrir and Leo who had been confused seeing Giaru talking to herself.

"I will return to report to your Majesty the Tiger King, I will pack up and leave today. Thank you for taking care of me all this time." said Giaru, saluting Fenrir and Leo then walking towards her tent.

°°°

"Master! Forti is already visible in the distance, should we camp here for the night?"

"Mm, if we go straight to Forti right now, we'll get there in the early hours of the morning. We won't have time to look for lodging there. Tomorrow we'll be there early in the morning."

"" "Yes, Master." ""

After giving orders to the Ninjas, Garius returns to his horse-drawn carriage to meet Brian before he returns to join the Ninjas at the campfire to accompany them to dinner.

During the time that Garius traveled, he had already acquired over a hundred slaves he had caught since exiting the cliff path. They continued to receive attacks from the Bandits based in the area and of course they were able to defeat easily. Because of the large number of their slaves and Garius only had two horse-drawn carriages, some of the slaves had to walk with their hands tied behind the horse-drawn carriage.

Their victory was not without problems, they had to feed over a hundred heads that make the ninjas busy hunting when it was time to eat. Likewise with the attempted rebellion of the slaves, the ninjas had to be ready to catch runaway slaves or who cause trouble.

But Garius didn't hear the slightest complaint from the ninjas, instead they looked happy when a human escaped or rebelled. Especially when they are hunting, Garius can see their energetic eyes.

Is it because of their new gear?

Since getting rubber, Garius has made several prototypes for ninja equipment. With the lack of tools, Garius had to use his magic to process anything and of course couldn't in large quantities. He can only make small items like the T-shirt Kaku is currently using.

The usual white t-shirt you can find in convenience stores has Garius covered with a core, then given a magic circle [Barrier] and as decoration there is a picture of a duck on the chest.

Why duck? It was Emily's masterpiece .. Because no one in the Garius group has an artistic soul, only Emily who comes from a noble family who has received education in the arts and the results are like what you see now.

Apart from T-shirts, Garius has also made gloves, socks and shorts. Makes ninjas look like people who want to play basketball even without their basketball shoes. Garius can't make shoes with his magic yet, because of the large amount of rubber that is used to make the base, not to mention the thickness and density of the rubber. So for a while, the ninjas were still wearing the leather shoes they used to wear.

"What's the matter, Master." Adelia saw Garius' "smile" in his eyes and asked.

"Mm, no. As you can see, we can't stay in a place for very long, and I still haven't seen much of Geodia's world. I just thought that my decision to  go on an adventure was the right one, that make me feel like I found a place where I should be. my utopia. "

1