Best Wife
2.4k 8 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: This chapter came out a lot longer than I thought it was going to. But in exchange, we have Spice! Like, this went places I didn't think it would go but... I guess that's what happened.

Seriously, my stories sometimes go off the rails and I can't stop it. Enjoy~

*****

Xuejie, as second in command to the demon king of the realm, had free reign over the castle. Even if others dared not go near, Xuejie was fearless and walked with confidence and purpose.

That is, until he nearly tripped over a prone Liang Fei sitting in the middle of the hall.

The elder man didn’t even flinch as Xuejie nearly jumped out of his skin. If anything, the man didn’t seem to notice Xuejie was even there as he sat cross-legged on the floor.

Xuejie stared down at the man, wondering once again if this person was normal. Sitting in the middle of hallways like a lump on a log was not normal.

Then again, perhaps this guy had never been normal.

“Uh…” Xuejie looked around before deciding to crouch down beside Liang Fei. Aloof violet eyes landed on the man. “What are you doing?”

“Thinking.”

“In the middle of the hallway?” Xuejie deadpanned with a raised brow.

“Ah?” The elder looked around, seeming to only have then noticed he had sat down at some point. “Right, my mistake. I had gotten distracted and-”

“Say no more. It's the usual then.” Xuejie sighed, having somewhat come to accept this guy's weird habit of drifting off. If he pressed any harder, he was sure he’d go crazy. “So what were you thinking about?”

“I wish to help Xieren in some way.” He replied, choosing to leave out the task given to him. It didn’t matter much anyway. “I tried to help during his meeting but I was told I should stay out of it.”

Xuejie paled.

“Meeting? Did you speak during one of bros' meetings with the ministers?!” He cried, looking terrified when Liang Fei nodded. “Dude, are you crazy? Those guys absolutely despise humans.”

“I noticed.” He hummed, getting to his feet.

They could barely hide their disdain for him when Liang Fei was speaking. If not for Xieren, he was sure he wouldn’t have even made it through the door.

Xuejie grimaced, looking ready to tear his hair out with frustration. Why was this guy so blase about all this?! Did he not know how close to death he was then?

How did Bro deal with this lackadaisical stone face!? How did he not go crazy?

“Yeah, well it would be best if you kept out of their sight.” He cautioned, face-palming as he felt a rush of pity surge through him for his friend. “For safety?”

“But Miss Min was there and speaking.”

He recalled how she had been allowed to speak without any concern. The belligerent elders allowed her, never even turning a sour look toward her even when she conceded to Liang Fei’s opinion.

Why was she allowed to speak if he wasn’t?

“Min Leilian is a special case.” Xuejie explained. “Her clan was made up of some kind of ancient bloodline that is revered by the demon clan. I honestly don’t know much about it personally.”

What went unsaid was the fact that due to her powerful bloodline, Min Leilian was the favored pick to be the king's bride. All the ministers were waiting for the day they finally heard the news of their union. To unite the direct descendent of the previous king and the firstborn of sacred blood.

Their child would be the most suitable to inherit the throne.

It had been assumed that the two were close since Leilian had been by the king's side since his ascendence and her role as his prince minister, that the two were close. Never mind all the lovers the man had, who else was as close to their king as her?

Xuejie never thought the two would fit, personally. He knew his friend well enough to know when the man was merely tolerating someone's presence.

It was very clear Leilian was only barely being tolerated yet compared to most, she looked to be his favorite.

That was, until Liang Fei was brought to the castle.

It was only now that people realized how stark the contrast between how the two are treated by the king. Personally, Xuejie felt a bit of pride at having been one of the first to realize it.

Elsewhere, Xinyi shivered, feeling the sudden urge to smack some sense into Xuejie.

***

Xuejie and Liang Fei met up in the kitchen the next day, the former pointedly ignoring the red marks dotting the latter’s neck.

It was best he not question it.

The kitchen had been cleared out by Xuejie, who had come up with the perfect means of helping his bro in a way he was sure the king would love.

A meal cooked with love.

If Xieren was like anyone, he’d very much appreciate having a meal cooked personally by his lover. Even if it tasted like dirt, the thought of their loved one going through all the trouble to create something exclusively for them was the best feeling ever.

Not that Xuejie had ever had such a thing happen to him…

Liang Fei stared at Xuejie as he spoke through his frustrated tears of envy. Why the man was crying, he couldn’t say but Xuejie was weird so there was no need to question it any further. Yet at the end of it, he felt a need to respond.

“I can only cook soup.” He explained simply. While he’d like to make a meal, Liang Fei didn’t want to do anything that would give Xieren an upset stomach.

Making mistakes when cooking might be cute when the couple were teens but as adults, there was a certain level of responsibility that one had to carry.

Xuejie frowned at this. “Surely there's gotta be something you can cook other than soup.”

The elder shook his head.

“No, everything else burns.”

This, Xuejie couldn’t believe it. There was no way this man was that bad in the kitchen.

“What about rice?” He pressed.

“It burns.”

“Meat? Veggies?”

“Burns.”

“I don’t know, water?”

“Burns.”

“How do you burn water!?” Xuejie snapped back.

The elder just shrugged.

“I get distracted.”

“By what?!”

“Hm...” Liang Fei stopped to consider his question, eventually just shrugging. “Lots of things?”

Usually, Liang Fei would have other tasks to do and would leave for a while. When cooking soup, this was fine but most other foods require constant supervision. As he grew older, his responsibilities grew and he had less time to cook than when he was younger.

His sister, at this point, had come to learn how to cook on her own and mostly ate out. It saved Liang Fei the trouble of cooking every night.

Xuejie, meanwhile, could only stare at Liang Fei in horror, trying to fathom how this man exists with so little self-awareness.

Did he wander into the streets as a child? (Yes)

Did he go off with strangers? (Only once.)

“How have you survived this long?”

“Soup.” Liang Fei replied with pride.

“You burn water but can somehow manage to keep the soup from bursting into flames?”

“Well, I’ve only done that a few times but never with soup.” He assured the man, looking mildly insulted by the accusation. “Soup is very simple. You boil water, throw food into the water, and then it becomes soup.”

[AN: I’ve recently gotten into making soup and it really is that simple. Even a ditz like LF can do it.]

“Yet you burn anything else?”

“Un. But soup is not a bad food to live on.”

“Yeah but don’t torture Xieren with only that!” Xuejie pleaded, trying to imagine the harsh life ahead for his friend. Love was nice and all but if your spouse could only cook one meal, life was bound to get hard when he yearns for something else.

Would Xieren cheat on Liang Fei, looking to other chefs to cook his meals? Ah, what a brave man he would be to try but who could fault him if he did? Still, Xuejie didn’t want his bro and his ally to get into conflict over this. There had to be something else Liang Fei could…

Then it hit him. A large sly smile stretched across his face, making even the ever stoic Liang Fei sweat with unease.

“If Fei-ge wants to help bro, there is a better way than cooking.”

***

Xieren sat in his study, piles of documents keeping him from all the things he’d rather be doing. Like kissing Shizun. Or holding him. Or biting into his soft pliant skin.

Ah, it wasn’t fair that he had to do all this worthless stuff! He’d burn it all but he knew his master liked responsible people. To toss aside his work for his master, he was sure Shizun would dislike that.

His mood darkened, terrifying the few servants in the room. They trembled in place, too scared to move lest they draw the attention of their king and his rapidly declining mood.

Yet like a hero or perhaps an answered prayer, a knock was heard, silencing the room. One servant bravely took a step toward the door, intending to answer when Xieren spoke, his tone as dark as an abyss.

“What?!” He snarled, stilling the hearts of those around him.

Ah, why did these lowly servants have to suffer and get this task? The men and women in the room silently hoped for a reprieve. Some hoped that this person would be a good means to defer their king's anger.

Anything but this terror of being forced to work with their terrifying king and his sour mood.

“Well?!” Xieren snapped, having not heard an answer.

The person on the other side of the door didn’t answer for a moment. The servant's sensitive ears heard the person sigh, sounding mildly annoyed.

Who dared to-

“It is I, Your Majesty.” A male voice called out, his tone flat but loud enough for the whole room to hear. “May I come in?”

The servants frowned, not recognizing the voice. Who was it that acted so brazenly toward his majesty? A few eyes peeked at their silent king, only to find the chair he’d once sat on empty. Before they could blink, their king strolled past them to open the door himself.

Eh? The king was allowing this person in himself? Who could this person be?!

To date, the servants in the study had never met Liang Fei before. While they were Xieren’s personal staff, cultivated and trained under his eye, they were usually only called when asked to clean the study. Since Liang Fei had never bothered to ever seek out Xieren, the human was a new face to them.

They watched with blatant confusion as their ever enigmatic king welcomed what was clearly a mortal into his private study like an honored guest. Even the highly respected generals who had decades of accomplishments under their name didn’t get such treatment. They were lucky if the man even stood up to welcome him.

Was this human the rumored concubine of their king?!

Liang Fei walked into the room, feeling a bit out of place. While he had assumed he could just do as he’d been instructed and help cheer Xieren up, now that he saw that there were others around, he felt self-conscious.

Don’t ask so much from this old man!

He let out a breath to calm himself and knelt down. Seeing his action, the servants relaxed. Xieren, on the other hand, could only barely hold back his annoyance.

“Again, Fei-er is being so formal toward me.”

“His majesty is the king.” He replied, keeping his head down. “I dare not disrespect you in front of others.”

“Others?” Xieren looked around, only then recalling that they weren’t alone. These bastards... “Oi, all of you, leave now.”

“Eh?”

“Am I to repeat myself?” The servant took the hint and escaped, leaving the two alone. Liang Fei kept his head down, now feeling even more self-conscious.

Perhaps this was a bad idea.

“Now we’re alone so stop kneeling like that.” He grumbled, feeling gloomy at the sight of his master on his knees. “It’s strange to see.”

“Is it?” He countered, sitting on the floor. It would be easier if they could do this without making eye contact. “Am I not acting appropriately considering my position?”

Xieren growled, grabbing his master's arm and pulling him to his feet. Liang Fei, being mortal, was easily moved and found himself staring into Xieren’s heterochromatic eyes.

His heart skipped a beat.

“Shizun is still my master so I must show deference to you, not the other way around.” Xieren continued, completely unaware of the effect his proximity was having on the elder man.

“Xieren is a king.” Liang Fei retorted, looking away. “Master or not, respect for your position is important. If I treat you too casually, what will others think?”

“Let them think as they like.” Xieren declared, lifting the elder into his arms and carrying him to his desk. Before he could protest, Liang Fei found himself sitting on Xieren’s lap, the latter's arms embracing him close. He leaned in and whispered in the elder's ears. “I only care about what you think, Shizun.”

Liang Fei was left to stare at his clenched hands, ramrod stiff as his mind scrambled to come to terms with the situation. He was sitting in Xieren’s lap. Surely, they must look like a couple now.

But… isn’t this perfect? Xuejie said this would be the best way but having it happen so quickly, Liang Fei wasn’t sure he could do it.

Seeing that his companion showed no outward reaction, Xienre could only lament his lack of progress. Didn’t Xuejie say this kind of thing set a man’s (woman) heart racing? Yet Shizun looked deep in thought, clearly daydreaming again.

Still, having his master so close was nice. He’d been dealing with all the idiots he’d originally thought were useful. Yet none of them could get their head out of their ass long enough to come up with an actual worthwhile solution.

Liang Fei was contemplating how to go forward with his plan when he heard a heavy sigh behind him. He knew that sigh well. He’d made such a sound when he was ready to scream from frustration after work.

“Are you alright?” He asked, turning to face Xieren.

The junior smiled, resting his head on the elder's shoulder. “I’m better now that you are here.”

“But you are stressed. Is it the border towns again? Or the elders?”

“Both.”

Liang Fei resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Of course, it was them. Even after he told them how much their idea was counter-intuitive, they still chose to stress his Xieren like this.

“I see.” He sighed, stroking Xieren’s head as he spoke. “I wish I could be of more help to you.”

Liang Fei somewhat regretted his choice to come back like this. He should have tried to get a more useful body. Returning to his own was nice but he wanted the strength he had before so he could help Xieren. While he wasn't sure how strong those elders were, he was sure his former strength would make them less openly hostile toward him.

Yet he was still weak.

His fingers reached toward the pendant hidden under his robes, the Shuizhi stone warm under his touch. Perhaps then…

“It can't be helped.” Xieren hummed, interrupting his thoughts. “I'm surrounded by useless people.”

“Is there no one you can trust?

“I have you.”

The two stared at each other, their thoughts evident on their faces. Xieren tried to show how much love he felt for his master, even as he saw the clear disbelief directed back at him.

“It can't just be me.”

“Why not?” Xieren asked with a pout. Liang Fei almost kissed him for being so cute but resisted.

“I…” Liang Fei looked away, unable to speak when being stared at like… that. It was not an expression he thought he’d see. “You have others you can trust as well. Xuejie, Xinyi, and the others. Don't just look to me.”

“I trust them.” He said with a shrug. Xieren took hold of the elder's cheek, bringing them close as he continued. “But in times of need, Shizun is my only choice."

Earnest sunset eyes stared into confused violet ones as Liang Fei tried to understand what was happening. This wasn’t the plan. This was… this was something else.

“Mhf.” Liang Fei buried his face in Xieren’s chest, trying to calm himself down. His student was saying things that were easy to misunderstand again. How was it that he couldn’t woo someone? Clearly, that was a lie if he could say such smooth things with a straight face.

It was even making Liang Fei think things were different. He had to actively remind himself that they weren’t a real couple. This was just lessons.

Xieren was a protagonist destined to get married and have children with a wonderful woman. After everything he’d lived through, he deserved that. He shouldn’t be saddled with a dependent old man like him.

He deserved better than that.

Liang Fei let out a breath, finally calming himself down. He got swept up in the moment and nearly made things awkward between them. If he forgot his role, Xieren would surely think he was being troublesome.

Xieren stared down at his master, feeling a bit gloomy again since he didn’t get a response. He wanted to cultivate good feelings between them and chose to speak his mind for once. While it wasn’t a full confession, surely his feelings had shown through.

Yet Shizun didn’t reply.

I still have a long way ahead then. He thought, wrapping his arms tighter around the older man.

“By the way,” He continued, leaning back so they were reclined. “What did you come here for? I doubt it was just to ask me how I was doing?”

Liang Fei flinched, now recalling what he’d come for. Xuejie’s plan to help Xieren. It was simple and they were already in the perfect position but now that he was pressed, he really didn’t want to do it.

It was too shameless.

Still, he was no coward. So with a racing heart, Liang Fei straddled Xieren, fitting his legs around Xieren’s as he stared into the king's shocked eyes.

“I...I came here to- for you, Xieren.” He forced himself to say, his face burning red as he spoke. He had to say it. If he didn’t, all his efforts would be for naught. “It’s… it's only right for me to come and comfort my husband.”

***

Xuejie was strolling through the hallway, on his way to check in on Liang Fei when he heard a loud bang and voices crying out. He ran toward the sound, fearful something had happened.

Yet all he found was Xieren’s study door hanging off its hinges and a group of servants sprawled on the floor like they'd been run over.

Xuejie: ?

“Uh, what happened here?” He wasn’t sure who he was asking, as most of the people on the floor were out cold. He peeked inside the study, finding it mostly clean save for the broken door. Yet wasn’t Xieren supposed to be in there?

As if sensing his silent question, a nearby servant stepped forward, apparently avoiding whatever had run his co-workers over like roadkill.

“My lord, are you looking for His Majesty? He was in the study last I heard.” He reported. His co-workers took pride in being so close to the king and never failed to brag whenever they were called to him.

Seeing them all like this was just the perfect way to end his day.

“Was there anyone else with him?” Xuejie asked, now somewhat concerned for Liang Fei. He was supposed to be there with him.

“Uh… Oh, Lord Fei walked in a few minutes ago.” The servant stated, peeking at his fallen co-workers. “There was some noise and when they got close, His Majesty had rushed past us with Lord Fei in his arms.”

Xuejie facepalmed, feeling embarrassed for the two men. “Is that so?”

“I hope Lord Fei will be okay. His majesty looked terrifying at the time.”

Oh, he was sure Liang Fei wouldn’t be hurt. He thought, turning and walking away from all this.

When he’d told Liang Fei what to do, this wasn’t what he expected. He was sure Xieren would like being called ‘husband but... bro, didn’t that work a little too well?

***

Liang Fei had no idea how he’d gone from sitting in Xieren’s lap to being pressed against a wall but he had no time to think too hard on it. He was staring into Xieren’s eyes, his intense gaze setting fire to his blood.

“Xieren.”

“Eh?” Xieren nipped at Liang Fei’s ear, chuckling as the man moaned in response. “What happened to the other word? I like that one better.”

Eh? Other word? He thought, his mind fogging up as Xieren peppered more bites into his sensitive neck. How could he focus when he kept doing stuff like that?! What other word?

“...H-husband?” He moaned, his stoic violet eye misting over in such a way that made Xieren want to eat him right then and there.

“Ah, I Love it~” Xieren purred, rubbing his cheek against Liang Fei’s like a cat. “Call me that again.”

Perhaps it was the rubbing or just the words themselves but something snapped the elder from his daze. He turned his head away, only then realizing that they were no longer in the study. They were in the hallway, clearly some distance away.

How had they gotten-

His thoughts were halted as Xieren continued to plead with him, cruelly choosing to utilize his master's weakness to get his way.

“It’s embarrassing to say it.” The elder cried out, trying not to make too much noise, even as his lover moved to strip him.

“Would you prefer screaming it into my ear?” He offered, biting into Liang Fei’s neck like a predator. Like prey, Liang Fei submitted, trembling under him.

“Xie-”

He was then dragged into a deep kiss, one that had his toes curling as his mind faded until there was only them. The hallway was quiet save for them, their lips making very embarrassing sounds. Usually, such public displays would have had Liang Fei complaining but he couldn’t think why at that moment.

He’d come to like the kisses he shared with Xieren, liking the feeling as his mind went quiet for once.

After what could have been hours for all he knew, Liang Fei was freed from Xieren’s all-consuming kiss, mildly dazed.

“Husband or I’ll kiss you right here.” Xieren warned, grinning as he watched his master stare up at him with lustful eyes.

Didn’t you already do that? He thought, blinking at the junior. How can you threaten someone when you’ve already done it?

Xieren could see the thoughts clearly, as his master was much easier to read when aroused. It was adorable.

“You know I will.” He warned, pressing closer to the elder until they were breathing each other's air. “I’ll kiss Shizun until you stop caring who might be watching. I’ll let the whole castle hear you moan and beg me to take you. I might do it too. I know Shizun is very affectionate and will melt if I do it right.”

At this, Liang Fei couldn’t begin to protest. They had already gotten this far despite their location as with every kiss, Liang Fei was starting to care less and less about it. His whole body was on fire with need, desperate to get what it craved.

What Xieren could give him.

Staring into those sunset-colored eyes, he could only let his partner strip him down, every inch of skin revealed was welcomed with a kiss. Liang Fei ran his hands through the king's hair, pulling and pushing his head to where he preferred. The king, an ever obedient student, followed his masters lead.

All until Xieren was knelt in front of his master, his torso completely exposed and his pants about to follow. Yet the elder stopped him, clenching his fist in his hair in that deliciously rough way.

“Don’t.” He warned, pulling Xieren back to his feet. He was still very conscious of where they were and didn’t want to be caught like this. Instead, he pulled Xieren close until their shafts were pressed against each other, the only barrier between them being their pants.

“You want us to stain our clothes?” He pressed, rubbing against his master just to see him blush. It was clear he wanted more but chose to stay ‘conservative’.

Shizun is too cute~

“We aren’t going any further than this out here.” He insisted, even as his eyes remained riveted on Xieren’s hands as he undid his own pants to reveal his hardened shaft.

“But this is fine?”

Xieren, knowing just how much his master liked being in control, pressed the latter’s hand against the shaft. It twitched, showing its interest.

“...As long as others don’t see.” The elder mumbled in response, trying not to stare but failing as he got more and more excited. His body knew what would be coming next and questioned why they hadn’t started yet.

“Perhaps I can make you change your mind?” He teased, seeing his master's impatience in how his hand twitches around his cock.

It was getting hard to focus, especially after that naughty hand clenched harder, eliciting a broken moan from the king. Liang Fei stared deeply into Xieren’s eyes, that authoritative look the latter had come to adore blazing bright.

“Don’t be arrogant, husband.” He snapped, tugging on Xieren’s hair in a scolding manner. Perhaps it was the heat muddling his brain but he failed to notice how he addressed Xeiren.

Xieren, however, didn’t and pounced on his master, pinning him to the wall as they kissed. They’re breaths mixing as they fought with their tongues. Liang Fei used to not see the appeal in that but after a few times with Xieren, he found he couldn’t resist delving deeper into his Xieren.

At some point, Xieren had managed to undo Liang Fei’s pants, pulling out his erection and grasp hold of the shaft. The elder cried out, biting Xieren’s lip in a scolding manner. Before he could make any more protest, Xieren pressed the shafts together, stroking them both alongside Liang Fei’s hand.

After that, there were no more complaints.

It can’t be said how long they stayed like that, pasted to the wall and each other, catching each other's moans on their tongues. Liang Fei, as usual, succumbed to the pleasure first, his mere mortal body unable to keep up with Xieren.

“Xieren…”

Perhaps it was a mistake to look at Xieren when he was so close to the edge already. He should have closed his eyes. Anything was better than seeing those intense eyes staring into his own. Anything but seeing what one might have thought was adoration and dissolving under that gaze.

As if striking a match, his body shuddered as he came, his scattered moans a mix of pleadings and his partner's name. Xieren, sensitive to his master's seductive moans, followed soon after, clutching his lover tight.

They stood together, their gasping breaths echoing through the hall. Liang Fei was exhausted, having been surprised by how abrupt his orgasm had come. How could it just… do that? And just from looking at someone!

He’d take that to his grave. He swore to himself.

Xieren was still aroused, though he liked that he and his master could be so close. Any better and he might very well die.

Though dying in Shizun arms didn’t sound so bad. He briefly thought, fondling his master's ass leisurely.

Said master shivered, his body valiantly trying to answer his partner's silent call.

“If… If you try and put that inside me while we are out here, I’ll make you regret it, Xieren.” The elder growled, sending shivers down Xieren’s spine. His once flaccid shaft hardened at his words, eager to participate.

“Oh yes.” He moaned, rubbing his hardened shaft against the elder, shuddering as the scent of their climax drifted through the air. “Punish me, Shizun. Punish your husband.”

***

“Must I be blindfolded, Master?” Xieren asked, not all concerned by the bindings around his wrist. He’d come to accept this about his master and somewhat liked the act himself.

Having his master ride him and control their pace was almost as satisfying as the time in which he lost his control and pounded his master into the bedding. Either way, Shizun would cry out in the sexy way that set his blood ablaze.

Liang Fei straddled Xieren’s waist, being careful in covering the latter's eyes. He didn’t want the fabric to move.

“Yes.” He answered after completing his task. Like this, he could calm down just a little.

No more adoring eyes that confused him.

Xieren, however, was just confused and couldn’t help but ask, “May I ask why?”

“You may.”

“…” Xieren waited for an answer, only to realize that he’d already received one. “Shizun is so mean, to leave me like this.”

“You misbehaved today so no looking.” He stated, running his hands over the man’s bare chest. The years had been kind to him, presenting a chiseled rack that even a man could admire. So firm, the elder was tempted to bite into it.

Xieren, now unable to see the excited look in his master's eyes, continued on with the conversation like normal.

“Eh? What did I do?”

“If you don’t know, you must not have learned your lesson yet.” He snapped back, wiping the drool from his chin. He was very thankful Xieren couldn’t see him now. To be caught gawking like a teen would be mortifying.

Xieren, on the other hand, was trying not to squirm underneath his master. Being bound was one thing but having his vision taken from him was both terrifying and exhilarating. He could feel every hair on his head as he leaned forward to readjust his bounds. Every breath he let out was echoing through his head like a bell. The warm brush of his skin on Xieren’s heated skin.

It was driving him insane and the man hadn’t even done anything yet.

He clenched his fist, trying to stay still as he waited for his partner's touch. Anything at all, he was sure, would set him off. But if he did, he might very well die of embarrassment. He wanted to show his best side and while begging was fine and good, he might very well start whining if he didn’t do something, damn it.

Like a blessing or a curse, Liang Fei slid down the demon's body, pressing kisses as he went. As he drew closer and closer to his target, Xieren’s mind was solely turning to mush.

“S-shizun!”

“Yes?”

“A-are you… taking me in that way?”

“Am I to take you in some other way?”

Maybe later. He thought, trying not to think about how much his cock liked the idea. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

Liang Fei peeked at his partner, adoring how red and excited he looked just then. Despite his answer, he felt that Xieren might be more willing than he let on.

“Are you sure?” He pressed, running a finger down Xierne’s member until he brushed past his opening. The sound Xieren made in response was answer enough but Liang Fei wanted to be sure. “If you wish, I could do a bit more.”

Liang Fei had always ridden on top of Xieren, enjoying the position and the feeling of being taken. Yet the thought of seeing Xieren like that, experiencing the pleasure he did…

Ah, such a thought was too much~

While Xieren wanted to protest, he couldn’t speak. His only complaint was a matter of pride but when the person was the man he loved, was there anything worth being ashamed of?

Biting his lip, Xieren raised a leg, spreading his legs to allow his master to do as he wished.

And did as he wished, he did. Liang Fei had become an unofficial master at preparing himself since his partner was very well endowed. As such, performing the act on another was shockingly easy. It was even a little fun.

Xieren, on the other hand, was losing his mind. His body twitching every time his master brushed that sweet spot that had remained untouched all his life.

Was this what Shizun felt whenever he was inside him? These thunderbolts of pleasure that killed all thought and jolted the body into responding. And this was just from that spot being flicked at.

If he had to endure Shizun’s shaft pressing on it continuously…

“If you want to murder your husband, don’t choose this method.” He cried out, his traitorous leg looping around his master to bring him closer. His body had stopped listening to him long ago, his hips moving in time with Liang Fei’s thrusts. His cock dripped with liquid pleasure, begging for the one last push.

Liang Fei pressed a kiss to Xieren’s knee comfortingly. He knew how hard it was for a first-timer and tried to be gentle. Yet Xieren made it hard when he made those cute noises.

“How can I help it, when my hubby is being so cute.” the elder teased, easing his partner's legs down. “How can I not tease you, my Xieren?”

Xieren bit back a groan but his body reacted faster than he could. He shivered, his cock trembling as it released a heavy load. The shockwaves that traveled through him were enough to loosen his lips as he let out a roar.

His cry could be heard throughout the castle but no one would be able to guess the true reason why.

Liang Fei watched Xieren trembling and groan as he recovered from his first prostate orgasm. Personally, Liang Fei thought it was the best but he was sure it was quite the experience for his lover.

Liang Fei crawled up beside Xieren, holding him as he came down from his orgasm. His gentle touch grounded the junior, his mind reeling from how much pleasure he could experience with just a finger or two.

No wonder shizun was always exhausted.

“Did you like that?” The elder teased, a small smile threatening to form on his lips. He stroked Xieren’s head, comforting the man. “Which was it, then? Was it being called ‘hubby’ or being called mine?”

For the first time, Xieren resenting his body’s stamina, his shaft hardening within seconds of being reminded. Xieren wanted to bask in his masters embrace just a bit longer before returning to bedsports.

“Shizun, you are being too cruel.” He complained, his voice noticeably more strained from his shout. He chose not to think about it. “I can’t even see you acting so seductive.”

“You can feel it.” He assured him, sliding down until he was between his legs. Part of him wanted to remove the blindfold so they could look at each other but he felt terrified of being looked at that way again. Xieren, seemingly a mind reader when blindfolded, smiled up at the elder.

“Next time.” He said, reassuring the elder. Liang Fei relaxed, pressing a kiss to Xieren’s lips as he pressed forward. As expected, it was difficult to get past the tight ring of his chrysanthemum but with patience, he got through.

Liang Fei cursed under his breath at the first squeeze. Xieren might have chuckled at that but he couldn’t catch his breath, his thoughts focused on the hot shaft pushing deeper inside him. Neither could form any words as Liang Fei pushed further into Xieren’s warmth.

Despite having had sex before, Liang Fei felt like this was his first time. Had the other times before he’d died felt even half as good? He had thought sex with Xieren was good but this…

He might become addicted.

Without much thought, Liang Fei shoves his shaft deeper, moaning out loud. He's not as big as Xieren but each thrust makes the man gasp nonetheless.

The bed creaked and groaned under the elders' thrusts, only barely masked by the occupants' cries. Xieren was reeling, not expecting sex like this to feel so good. He wanted more. He wanted his master inside him. He wanted to be inside his master.

He wanted it all.

As expected, Liang Fei came first. Xieren is still buzzed from his first orgasm so he can only yearn for that extra push over the edge. Still, having his beloved laying on his chest like this was a great feeling. Especially after giving up his first to the man.

“When it's my turn,” He swore, panting. “I won’t go easy on you, Shizun.”

“I never expected anything less.”

After a few rounds, an exhausted Liang Fei submitted to the ever lively Xieren and kept his promise. Even when the elder pleaded for a break, Xieren held nothing back.

***

Liang Fei was in the kitchen the next day, moving noticeable slower as he filled a tray full of food. The servants didn’t bother him, feeling wary of the human who was so heavily scented by their king.

It was very clear who this person was and who was backing him.

Xuejie, lacking the nose, felt no fear as he wrapped an arm around the man, grinning as he greeted him. Liang Fei nodded, offering an apple to the man.

“Thanks~” He hummed, munching at the fruit. Xuejie had learned not to look at the hickeys on Liang Fei’s neck. After days of it, he stopped noticing them and could actually talk to the man without wanting to bleach his mind.

Damn his vivid imagination. It was a blessing and a curse.

Xeujie chose to follow Liang Fei as he walked back to his room, confusing the man. When pressed, Xuejie shrugged.

“I figured you’d know where bro was.” He answered with a smile. “I thought he was with you.”

“He is still in bed.” The elder replied as he walked ahead.

“Still?” Xuejie frowned. “That's weird. He’s usually buried in his work by now.”

“I am keeping him from doing so.” Liang Fei proclaimed, a mite bit arrogantly but who was there to judge him for his pride.

“Ah, Fei-ge is really acting like a wife, keeping the husband to himself.” Xuejie teased, a sly smile spread across the man’s lips. “Perhaps I should start calling you brother-in-law?”

“Please don’t say things like that.” The elder snapped, his cheek reddening somewhat. “Saying that caused a lot of trouble for me.”

It had been fine when Liang Fei was on top but afterward... Ah, having a young lover was a blessing and a curse.

“Did it?” Had his plan not worked? He was sure Xieren would like it. “Sorry about that.” He said, reaching out to help Liang Fei with the tray. There was a lot there and he was sure the man was having a hard time with it.

After a moment of reluctance, Liang Fei released the tray, allowing Xuejie to make up for his mistake with some manual labor. It was what he deserved after all the exercise he had to go through because of him.

Good sex or no, his body could only take so much before it was just torture.

“So,” Xuejie continued as they neared Xieren’s bedroom. “could you wake him up? I actually really do need to tell him something.”

He didn’t dare get much closer. The king's bed-chamber was off-limits to even him. The fact that Liang Fei had free reign to come and go as he pleased was a testament to Xieren’s feelings toward him.

“Alright.” Liang Fei opened the door, calling out to Xieren as Xuejie followed. “Xieren, are you awake?”

“Shizun!”

“Ah?!” Xuejie froze, unsure what he was supposed to say in such a situation. He had thought the worse he’d see was his bro naked again.

Yet, lo and behold, his fearsome and respectable bro was tied to the bedpost like a pin-up. The room was heavy with the scent of sex and it was very clear Xieren was perfectly content where he was.

Ah, I don’t need to know about you guys' kinks! He cried, shutting his eyes before he saw too much and couldn’t forget it.

Liang Fei, not noticing Xuejie’s reaction, walked in and spoke like there was nothing at all strange about the situation. This made Xuejie even more concerned.

“You have work to do.” the elder stated, taking the tray from the trembling Xuejie. “It’s time to get out of bed.

“Ah, but shizun I’m restrained.” Xieren whined, gesturing to the bonds around his wrists. “I’ve been imprisoned by my lover and he hasn’t let me go.”

The way he said it, it was clearly an invitation. An invitation that would force Xuejie to leave lest he suffers a fate worse than death.

Seeing two men have kinky sex.

He didn’t want to even contemplate feeling envious that someone was getting laid regularly while he…

Ah, life wasn’t fair~

Xuejie's crisis over being forced to watch the men's affectionate display was ignored as Liang Fei spoke. His scolding look fell onto Xieren's prone form.

“You could break out at any time.” He pointed out, cocking a brow. “I have no way to truly restrain you.”

“Won’t you punish me though, for daring to do so?” He growled, giving the elder a heated look.

“I would but you may do so now.” He replied, ignoring the junior's invitation. “You have work to do.”

With a somewhat disappointed sigh, Xieren tore the bonds around his wrist. Stepping off the bed, Xieren was the picture of a satisfied man. He wrapped his arms around his lover, unperturbed by the man's outward lack of response.

He was like that, his darling Shizun.

“Shizun, you are too kind.” He purred, kissing the man's cheek.

Liang Fei nodded, his mind on what to eat first as he was still tired from the night before.

Xieren pouted.

“Shizun, won’t you give me a kiss?”

“T-there…” His eyes darted about the room, finally landing on Xuejie who was still standing by the door. “Xuejie is watching.”

“And?” He spun the elder around until they were facing each other. “He already knows about how lewd you are. He just saw me, tied up by my precious lover. Besides, you usually do.”

“It's…”

“If you don’t, how can I start my day?” He whined, sounding wronged. “Doesn’t Shizun want me to do well today?”

“I do.”

“So?” He pressed, presenting his cheek shamelessly. The third man in the room could only weep for the image of his cool and fierce protagonist. Where was that guy? All he saw was a man shamelessly begging his wife for a kiss.

“…” With a speed that would make a cultivator envious, Liang Fei placed a quick kiss on Xierens cheek. “N-now go on.“

“And?”

“...Have a nice day. I’ll see you later.”

“Yes.” Xieren smiled, looking pleased as he got dressed. Once he finished, he leisurely strolled past Xuejie, who had at some point left the room entirely. With a knowing look in his eye, Xieren greeted him.

He knew what had been witnessed and knew how Xuejie felt. It was only at times like this that Xieren truly seemed to fit his role as the cruel demon king.

Argh, don’t make this single dog have to watch such displays! It hurts too much~

With a weeping envious heart, Xuejie followed after his king.

***

After a few hours of sleeping and eating, Liang Fei finally ventured from his cozy cave, seeking out his sanctuary. The library.

While he was allowed many things, he wasn’t given clearance to take any books from the library. Apparently, there were secrets that were never to leave those halls so Liang Fei had to go there to read.

With luck, a couple of hours buried in soft bedding and warm covers was enough for him to recover somewhat from Xieren’s passionate embrace.

It was a double-edged sword, it seemed. On one hand, all the sex they had made Liang Fei stronger as absorbing Qi from the demon king was like being carried around by the top player in a game. The downside was that each time they were together, Xieren would push him just a bit more, tiring him out every time.

If he truly regained the strength he had as Shao Liang Fei, the two might not leave their bedroom for a while.

Thinking of this, Liang Fei wasn’t sure how to feel about it. He definitely didn’t dislike sex with Xieren but he feared he might be getting too involved and misunderstanding things.

He had a role and it wasn't as Xieren's spouse.

“Lord Fei!”

Speaking of roles.

Liang Fei bowed, greeting the prime minister as she approached him. Seeing her like this, dressed so formally yet smiling confidently, it was almost hard to believe this was the same woman who had demurely sat with him so long ago.

“Madam Prime minister.” He replied, greeting her. Her smile grew as she stared down at him, looking pleased. Liang Fei had no idea why she looked so pleased but he quickly stood up.

“Lord Fei, I haven’t seen you since the meeting with his majesty.” She said, smiling gracefully. “Have you been in the library all this time?”

“I was about to go there now.” He said, rubbing his neck a bit awkwardly. Her eyes followed the gesture, noticing the cascade of love bites on his skin. Wherever there was exposed skin, there was a mark.

Where he’d been, was there any need to ask?

Leilian clenched his fist, resisted the urge to glare at this man. How dare he so brazenly show off in front of her! So what if he slept with the king? Dozens if not hundreds had done so and gotten no closer to the man’s heart.

Lord Fei was just another name on the list of soon-to-be past lovers.

Still, his continued presence was starting to irk her. The way His Majesty treated Lord Fei was like nothing she’d ever seen. Allowing him into the library, a place revered and protected by all, was one thing but to be allowed to freely come and go from the king's bedchamber as well?

This man was clearly trouble.

“Lord Fei, about the meeting…” She continued, staring up at him. “As much as you think you are helping, it would be best if you not interfere with the king's affairs. It’s unbecoming for His Majesty to have his… guests come in and interrupt.”

“I understand.” He conceded, somewhat regretting his rash decision. It might have made Xieren seem weak... “But if his own advisors are dismissing things because of their bias, who else is there to assist Xieren when he needs more than just himself? A king needs loyal and obedient subjects.”

I was on His Majesty’s side! Leilian thought, clenching her fist until blood stained her robes. If it hadn’t been for this man, she would have been the only voice on the king's side. He’d see her as someone worthy of looking at and she’d have been one step closer to taking her rightful place at his side.

Yet this bastard had shown up and ruined it all.

Still, she couldn’t say all that out loud. Instead, she said, “Y-you still speak so casually when addressing his majesty.”

The unspoken reprimand was clear to both sides but Liang Fei couldn’t make himself care anymore. After the night before, what was shame?

“Perhaps but he wouldn't like it if I addressed him any other way.” He declared, feeling a bit happy about it. While he respected Xieren’s role as king, to the elder, he was just Xieren.

Leilian wanted to scream with rage. How arrogant! Just because they slept together, this old man thought he was special enough to address their king by name? He even dared speak such blatant lies?

“I-”

“Ah, Primer Minister Min.” Both people turned to see Xuejie, smiling his usual smile with Xinyi by his side. The girl was smiling but it was easy to see she wasn’t pleased. “Just the person I was looking for.”

“Commander, how… nice to see you again.” She seethed, though her smile remained cordial. She had hoped Xuejie’s report to the king would cause a conflict yet none arose.

Clearly, it was his fault the two men were so much closer now.

Xinyi, sensing the woman’s thoughts, stepped forward and smiled.

“It is an honor to meet you, Prime Minister Min.” She greeted, bowing only slightly as she did so. “A-Jie told me that A-Ren had a capable advisor by his side. I was wondering where that person was but apparently, that person is you. How surprising.”

“Surprising?”

“Well, I’m sure someone of your status understands how one must be in such a position.” She continued, her tone friendly and sweet. “To be surrounded by cunning snakes and veiled knives, yet see a sheep among them. One might have doubts, am I right?”

“That's only because you are unaware of how things go when you have power.” She retorted, smiling as Xinyi flinched. “Perhaps it is because you have only ever been protected that you don’t know what is required to be independent.”

Xuejie scowled, wanting to speak up but staying quiet as Xinyi stepped forward. Her smile was calm and serene.

“You’re right. I’ve had to rely on my smarts to gain my prestige and position.” She admitted. “I can’t use my family name or strong-arming to get ahead, like some people.” Leilian flinched, not expecting the jab. Xinyi paid this no mind, continuing with a smile. “It's the reason A-Ren trusts and relies on me. If not, who else would he have besides those who cause him nothing but stress?”

“You dare speak of his Majesty like some common-”

“I address A-Ren the way I do because we are family.” She proclaimed, smiling sweetly. Seeing Leilian’s sour express, Xinyi expressed feigned concern. “Does he not treat you the same? Perhaps it's because the relationship between him and I is different from your relationship with him? Even Xuejie calls him his brother.”

Liang Fei, seeing that things were devolving, tried to interject.

“It's not the same, Xinyi.” He pointed out, trying to ease tensions. “You and Xuejie have a very close relationship with Xieren. Miss Min is just his advisor. It’d be very inappropriate for her to address her king in such a way.”

“Oh? So doesn’t that mean she is an outsider?” Xinyi asked, staring up at the older man innocently. “Since Uncle is already as close to A-Ren as we are?”

Eh? Was that what he said? “An outsider is a bit…”

Xuejie, not one to get left behind, joined in.

“No way, she’s worse than an outsider.” He stated, putting his arm around Liang Fei. “They at least know better than to get between a happy couple. Outsiders are strangers. Miss Min is acting like…”

“The third person?” Xinyi supplied, to which she received a joyous smile from her brother.

“Exactly!” Xuejie hummed, his smile wide and devious. He turned back to Leilian. “But our Miss Min is an honorable and smart woman. Surely our perception is just a ruse done by her. A Joke, right?”

“...Right.” She said through gritted teeth. She glared at Liang Fei, who had no clue why he was being glared at. “I’d never get between a happy couple.”

Liang Fei wasn’t sure why but he felt like he’d missed something throughout the conversation. They spoke so fast and directly, he had no place to intercede. Seeing his chance, he spoke up.

“I wish you all the luck in love.” He said, stepping between the 2 on 1 ‘fight’. “I'm sure Xieren will cheer you on when you find someone to love you.”

For some reason, Xinyi and Xuejie snickered at that, only barely covering it up with a cough. The elder looked between them, Leilian’s expression stiffening as she smiled back at him.

“I thank Lord Fei for his kind words.” She said through gritted teeth. “I too, hope the best for his Majesty.”

She strolled past them, stopping for a moment to whisper in Liang Fei’s ear.

“His majesty has a capable fighter and a knowledgeable alchemist. As long as there are no useless people around him, His Majesty will have no more problems.”

Liang Fei said nothing, making no outward indication that anything was said. Inside, however, he felt his resolve shake a bit.

Was all that he was doing actually helping?

*****

AN: I had a surprisingly hard time ending the chapter. I got a bit too into this chapter, as you can tell ////

45