Volume 1 Chapter 4 | What now?
1.3k 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So kid, how old are you?” Francis asked. I look at him with a weird look. This question came out of nowhere. I look just like any 20 year old, don’t I? “20” I answered. He looked at me with a surprised face. “You are kinda small for your age, boy” he said laughing. “Sorry for disappointing you” I said upset. After talking about what I should do next he told me I could stay here for a week. The marine would come in a week again and maybe they knew something about me. In the meanwhile I would have to help him with his work so that he could keep me under surveillance.

After talking with Francis for a while I found out why the name Oykot sounded so familiair to me. I had my suspicions because of the Den Den Mushi but this world is the One Piece world and this island is the island where Nami originally came from before belle took her in. When I first heard this my brains started overwhelming me with questions. ‘How did I get here? Why on this island? How do I get home? What happened to the people I knew from my previous world?’

Apparently Francis used to be a navigator for the marine, he did communication and navigation for the government. This is why he had the Den Den Mushi. The reason why he now lives in Oykot is a rather heavy one. Around 10-15 years ago when he was still working for the marine this island was raided by pirates and he was together with a squad assigned to defend this island. Because he almost had no fighting experience he was stationed as a guard for the people who were hiding. After the raid had ended the whole village was in turmoil. To help the remaining villagers the marines asked Francis to be the head of the village while they would help rebuild the village. Because Francis was getting older he accepted the offer. He is now a mediator between the marine and the village.

It was getting late and Francis offered me a shower, he showed me the way to the bathroom. As I walk in got jump scared by someone in a window. ‘OMG, how embarrassing, it is a mirror.’ Francis laughed and went downstairs to make supper.
‘Now that I take a closer look, I look a little bit different do I?’ My height didn’t change much but my hair looked way brighter then my normal brown hair, my eyes are a way brighter green too and my body seemed a bit more muscular then before. Maybe thats why I could run for so long.

A week flew by like nothing. While I was helping with work in the village I was also learning the language and was now able to say basic sentences but I wasn't really able to follow what the villagers were saying. ‘At least I can now finally say something to them and thank them for their hospitality.’ I also noticed that everyone is strong as hell and are really sturdy. This is probably normal in the One Piece world. 'So that’s why when watching the series almost nobody dies from things that would normally kill someone.'

The day the marine came to the island has come and I was getting quite nervous actually. Depending on if the marine had any information on me like a missing person, any clue on who this body belongs to or no information at all could determine the next step I have to make. If they have any information on a boy named George or someone that looks identical to me that would mean that this isn’t my body. I crossed that option since I still had the clothes from my previous world but it was still a possibility i couldn't deny.

After we ate breakfast Francis and I were getting ready to leave the village and meet the marine, going via the path I came into the village. About an hour walk past the point I came from was a dock not as small as the wooden one I saw. This one at least looked useable. Because we walked fast we were a little bit early and the marine wasn’t here yet.

I started contemplating. ‘If the marine doesn’t have any information on this body. What am I gonna do? Am I gonna live my life here on Oykot? That would seem plausible but also kinda boring. I mean there is a cool world to discover! Also, this would mean not knowing if there would ever be a way to get back to my previous world. Would I even want to? It is way cooler here but also super dangerous and I do kinda miss my friends and family.’

After thinking about it for a bit I decided I would make a decision after I heard from the marine. As if my thoughts had magic a ship could be seen on the horizon, it was the marine.

 

Author here. This should clear up any questions about the Den Den Mushi and the Oykot island and give a rough idea as to where in the timeline the story is at the moment. I won't do anything Nami related but maybe if he encounters the Straw Hats i will use it as a way for them to connect.

30