Volume 1 Chapter 12 | First fight
919 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After sailing for a few days the sparring has lessened, the crew started to get bored, the board games aren’t as fun anymore and people are starting to work out just because. ‘And this journey is supposed to be longer then the journey between Oykot and Loguetown, ugh’. Most workers on the ship are just preparing for the next meal the whole day and rechecking the cargo just to pass time.

My favourite thing to do to pass the time is think of ways to use my ability in combat but I think I have thought of most things already. I just have to get better at using my fruit.

As If our bored screams were heard our safe trip till now needed had a change and we saw a ship on the horizon. It was too far away to be able to say what it was and at first we didn’t think much of it and just said it was another merchant ship passing ours. But no, it wasn’t passing us.The dot that we saw was getting closer and closer. At one point it was close enough that we could get a look of the ship and we could see a vague image drawn on one of the sails. It was a shield with bones behind them.

The merchant group had information about most pirate groups that were wandering the nearby seas and quickly found out that the groups name was THE BORTO GROUP. It was named this way after their captain whos name is Borto. Borto is a devil fruit user, according to the information he had the shield shield fruit which summoned a normal shield that would float around him and he could use at will.

Borto apparently had a wanted poster. His bounty was 5.000.000 berries. I asked if I could see the wanted poster and they handed it over to me. The guy had a long face with blond hair and a big chin. ‘Doesn’t look like your typical bad guy.’ I thought.

We hoped that they would leave us alone but we did make some preparation and stationed the mercenaries at the front. I helped with teleporting some of the mercenaries. As the ship was getting closer and closer I was getting super nervous ‘Oh god, I knew this was something that I couldn’t avoid but this is scary. If they engage in a fight this is gonna be my first real fight where I could actually die’. After a while the pirate ship was about 50 meters away from ours.

BANG! One of the pirates, assumably the captain, Borto. Shot a bullet in the sky. “Listen up people, hand over your cargo and nothing will happen” The weirdo said while chuckling. Where in response the rest of the crew also chuckled and laughed. ‘Ugh, so cliché’ I thought.

Then, the captain of our group came out of his hut and yelled “Leave us alone, our group isn’t weak and we have mercenaries with us”. A moment of silence and BANG! Another shot but this time at a worker on the ship. He was almost hit and panic started to unfold. The more experienced workers escorted the others inside of the ships. “That was my last warning” Borto yelled.

“If you want it that bad you can just die for all I care” the captain replied and nodded to Mark as to signal him to take care of it. “We will take care of it for you” Mark said as he turned his head to the pirate ship.

Yuma and I stood next to each other and Yuma asked “Are you nervous?” I looked at him with a concerned face and nodded. “Me too” he said. “But you are plenty strong!” I replied with a confused face. He looked at the enemy ship “It could still happen” He turned back to me with a smile. ‘This guys can smile in this situation?’

When the enemy ship was around 10 to 15 meters away from our ship they started laying down long and broad planks. For a few seconds it was silent and then a loud shot could be heard and pirates came running over the plank with all the confidence in the world.

There were around 5 planks laid down, when the pirates were about to get to the ship Mark did his partial transformation slash in an instant he slid someones neck, the pirate fell into the sea. ‘Wow, that was fast. I could barely follow that.’

“You better focus, boy” Yuma yelled at me. As if he had hit me on the back to warn me, my face of amazement disappeared and I looked at the plank that was laid out in front of me. I saw a pirate crossing the plank and made a mark on deck and pulled my sword. I threw a knife and swoosh i was next to him. I then made a swing with my sword at his neck and cut through it and instantly teleported back landing on the deck again. Before I could look at my victim he was already falling down in the ocean.

Yuma and 3 other mercenaries were keeping the pirates from crossing the plank and I assassinated them with my power. As the captain of the enemy ship was getting more nervous He himself went to the frontline and shot his gun at a mercenary. The bullet hit him in the side of the stomach and he fell over. Then another pirate sliced his stomach further open. Upon seeing this I started instantly barfing. ‘That was the worst thing I have ever seen’  Yuma saw me and yelled “Get over it greenie, that happens all the time, you even killed yourself already”.

I looked at Yuma and back at the corpse and wanted to barf again but I had ran out of vomit. I now redirected my worry at the captain of the pirates ‘If he stays alive longer he will use his gun again, I don’t want to see that again’. I marked the deck and grabbed a knife to throw.

Swish I teleported to my knife that was behind the enemy captain and swung my sword at his back. Cling! A clatter could be heard, his shield blocked it! I grabbed another knife and threw it behind me teleporting to it. A sword passed where I previously was. Borto looked at me “you’ve got some nasty little tricks, don’t ya”. He lunged forward and swung his sword at me, I blocked his sword and quickly teleported behind him where I first made an attack. Borto lost his balance for a moment and I attacked his neck and Cling! It got blocked by that shield. ‘This annoying shield again, does it have a will of its own or something?’ I thought.

As I was fighting Borto, Mark and the other mercenaries could defend without worry and made advances forward almost getting on the enemy ship. Marked looked around and saw me fighting Borto and saw that I was having trouble. He leaped over all the pirates towards Borto and slashed at the shoulder of Borto with his claws but it got blocked by the shield. I noticed Mark and quickly threw a knife and teleported behind him instantly slashing at his neck. This time the captain didn’t have time to respond and died. As Borto fell on the ground I teleported back onto the main ship out of exhaustion.

Because the enemy captain died it was just a matter of time before we had completely won. After about half an hour or so the enemy completely surrendered and we had won.

 

Hey, This was actually a lot of fun to write, I would have made this earlier if I didn't have so much schoolwork to do :(. Anyway, I hope this turned out well. Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for reading <3

25