Volume 1 | Chapter 18 | Luffy & Ace
532 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While waiting for Luffy and Ace I told everyone my story since everyone was kinda curious about me. I  told them that I one day woke up on Oykot and that I had no recollection of what happened before that. Garp gave me a bit of a suspicious look but I think he ignored it after a while and Makino looked a bit concerned. I also told them how I got my Devil Fruit and my journey till now. I think Garp liked the part where I defeated a the pirates. We talked a bit more and apparently Garp and Dadan knew each other for a long time already from before they knew what they wanted to do.

A bit of time passed and one of Dadan’s lackeys came into the house with two kids, they both had black hair and one of them was wearing a straw hat, Luffy and Ace. ‘They look…. disappointingly young’ I thought to myself. ‘Guess I’m the old one here’.  Luffy instantly ran towards Makino with a big smile on his face. Ace was just standing there like the edgy kid that he is. Luffy started telling about some of the adventures he had and how he gets stronger everyday. Meanwhile Ace saw me and walked up “Who is this dumbass?” he asked while looking at Makino and Woop. ‘this kid….’ I thought sighing and putting my hand on forehand in annoyance.

I also turned to Makino, pointed at Ace and asked “Who’s this twerp?”. Ace didn’t like that and he swung his iron rod towards my head. I catched the rod but it still hurt a bit. “It’s not nice to hit people when you first meet them”. I said while looking at him “Anyway, I’m George, a friend of Makino”.

After blocking his attack and introducing myself, Ace and Luffy told me their name. ‘Maybe Ace is so cold because of what happened to Sabo?’ I thought thinking about what just happened. Garp interrupted us “you guys been behaving yourself?”. As soon as they saw Garp their look changed to terrified “Let’s see how much you have grown” Garp added. He grabbed them by the collar and dragged them out of the house. ‘Are they gonna be alright?’ I thought. I sat down at the table and ate something with the bandits.

 Since I came here in the mountains I hadn’t been able to do my casual training so before dinner I went out. On my way of searching for a good place to do some basic body training I found the place where Garp is training Luffy and Ace. Looking at Luffy and Ace it didn't look fun. It's basically looked like something you would see in movies of a protagonist going through “hellish” training to get stronger. Since I wanted to know more of the training I stayed to watch a bit.

After watching for a while it was pretty much training to your limits and a little bit extra. It was pretty hard to watch considering they are still kids in my eyes. Where I come from no kid could do that or survive that. Ace was doing very well considering that Luffy has a devil fruit that makes him sturdier he was still able to endure everything, really impressive. “Are you just gonna watch the whole time?” Garp yelled as he turned to me. I jumped out of the nearby tree that I was hiding in with my hands up “okay, you got me”. Garp looked at me with concerning eyes, after thinking for a bit he nodded with a affirmitive look and said “Can you pummel them down a bit with that power of yours?” he asked with a straight face. ‘Heh? He wants me to hit their own grandsons?’

With a confused face I answered “Excuse me? Well, I can. But why would you want that?” I looked at the poor boys, Luffy just looked surprised and Ace looked really annoyed. “Good! Give them something they can really learn from” Garp answered. As he said that he walked away and said on a tree stump a little bit further away and gave me a nod as to say that I had to start. I looked at him with a surprised face. “What are you waiting for?” he yelled.

I turned back to the kids and sighed. As I grabbed a stone from the ground I said "Sure, If you really want me to". I looked back at the kids and and threw the stone at Ace who easily dodged it. *fwoosh* I appeared behind him and pushed him a little bit before teleporting back. Luffy and Ace were shocked but couldn’t really figure out what just happened and because of the surprise Ace fell over, Luffy saw him falling and started laughing. “Man you guys sure have slow reaction time” I said while holding another stone. I threw the stone in the air towards Luffy and the two were following the stone carefully. Instead of teleporting I dashed towards Luffy who was just watching the stone traveling through the sky and gave him the same treatment I did to Ace. Just as Ace he also fell over. He stood back up and looked my way "That is so unfair, come at me like a real man!" he screamed in retaliation.

Ace was quick on thinking “Luffy, I think he has some sort of ability that lets him be really fast”. ‘Gotta admit, despite how annoying he is, he is pretty smart’. I teleported next to Ace with the mark I made while I pushed him “You shouldn’t have let me get so close to you in the first place” I said. I threw a punch towards Ace. Because I said something before I acted he blocked my attack. “I gave you that one” I added. I teleported back to where I standing before. I looked towards Luffy and he was just standing there with his mouth open. He looked at me “How are we supposed to do anything!” he screamed.

After some sparring Garp interrupted us and we went back to the house to eat dinner. Even though  we were sparring for only half an hour they got used to the fast attacks pretty fast. Not that they could react in time to block anything but they at least noticed the attack coming and tried to do something. “Hey fast guy!” Luffy called out to me. “Why don’t you join my crew when I become a pirate”. I looked at him with a pitiful face as I saw Garp standing behind him. And he smacked Luffy right on the head. Garp yelled  “You will become a marine! Didnt I tell you before?”. With a mad look he took off ahead of us. I looked at Luffy and whispered “I will consider your offer after you grow up and are a bit stronger”.

When we got closer to the house we could smell the food and it smells really good. Inside they arranged a big table with a lot of food on it. After eating Luffy and Ace went out again and the rest stayed and we just chatted a bit. While chatting we decided to stay for 2 more days before we went back to Foosha.

The next days were mostly focused on training and hunting for food. Luffy and Ace were getting better at noticing my attacks and I was getting better at using my ability in more ways. The third day we were getting ready to go back to Foosha. I also needed to go back soon because the ship going to Shimotsuki was leaving in 3 days and the I had the deal to help with loading and unloading the ship in order for me to join them.

We said our goodbyes and were on our way back to Foosha Village. After this encounter my journey to become stronger can finally continue.

13