Sharing a prey is common sense
698 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eric was actually a bit reassured seeing that Lav didn't do anything to him. Maybe Lav was quite decent. His posture and his walk, none of it pointed towards wanting to devour Eric like a snake slowly curling around its prey.

In order to get out of here, for now, Eric put his prejudice against Lav away. When he safely made it back out, then Eric would properly readjust his assessment of Lav.

Only shame was that Eric couldn't read his mind right now, if he could that would be the easiest way to determine if Lav had ulterior motives. But for the sake of Eric's escape, there was only the option of Eric giving Lav the benefit of doubt and getting along.

"Teacher, how do you feel in the demon world? Has your stay until now been pleasant?"

Are you fucking serious now? Are you really trying to make small talk now starting with this topic? Can't you just see how I feel being in the demon world? Oh, wait, no you can't, because I'm a fucking great actor. So leaving that aside, what about you using your demon brain and some common sense, huh?

A fucking human in the demon world, how the fuck do you think any human would feel? Pleasant? Amazing? Wonderful? Great? Should I rub each positive word in your eye until it becomes connotated with negative in your mind, huh? Is that what you want?

"Eventful," finally Eric choked out and smiled angelically again, "I can't say I'm used to it or it's overly great. You have to understand, any human would feel cultural, no, I guess species shock?"

"Species haha, teacher you're really funny," Lav laughed and it was a gentle and pleasant laugh. To think a demon could laugh like that and move people's heart. You sure you're not a succubus or whatever?

"I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and not come to any stupid thoughts like escaping the demon world," Lav casually said while in this darkness illuminated by the park's lights, his profile looked magical.

However, Eric- KUAGH. Bull's eye. H-How did Lav see through him so easily? Wait, no he still hasn't, he was just speaking hypothetically.

"Of course, I wouldn't. I still have my duty as your teacher and I care about my students' success," lies, lies, lies, sweet, nauseating lies everywhere.

"That's great because of my older brother's curse, the second you step out of this island without permission you'll die. You can explore the Demon World but you need the Demon Lord's permission. If you were to leave the Demon World, you'll die as well. The only way to lift the curse is obviously to fulfil the conditions set by it."

Sweat. Gallons of sweat poured down Eric's head, "Ah, it's like this. Good thing, I don't have idiotic thoughts like this."

"Teacher is really intelligent and cares about us. I'm confident teacher won't try to run away," Lav's pleasant voice just made Eric want to cry even more.

Hahaha, where the fuck did your confidence and respect for me all of a sudden pop out of? I swear you aren't a character like this. 

Tears, oh all of Eric's tears wanted to leak out. Good thing, he didn't manage to escape because his destination wouldn't be earth but lying in the abyss fucking of nothing but death. Cold corpse. Broken. Shattered. Mangled or whatever gruesome thing could happen to him.

It was really fortunate that Eric was still alive. Luck has always been on his side. Fuck, no it wasn't! If he really was lucky, he wouldn't be here in the first place! Curse his non-existent luck!

However, Eric's image of Lav slightly improved. Lav really seemed like a good person, maybe Eric misjudged him too much. Eric was thankful to Lav telling him of the consequences, if not Eric would foolishly still try to escape.

In the end, Eric had no other choice but to stay in the Demon World and try his best to make these demons successful authors or else, or else he'll never be able to leave! Gosh dammit.

Lav smiled a bit seeing Eric in deep thoughts. Although Eric's face didn't show it, Lav could feel Eric's panic and relief.

Lav has guessed that Eric would want to escape and kindly reminded him it was best not to do so, after all, any person in a strange and unfamiliar place forced like this wouldn't feel too good and would try to find a way back.

Lav couldn't help Eric very much, so he could only try to protect Eric like this. Having such an esteemed editor here was a rare chance, Lav couldn't risk Eric to go and be foolish and die. It was too much of a shame to let a person of such a calibre perish.

If it was any other human, Lav felt bad as well but wouldn't help them as much. Eric and talented humans were rare so they were an exception.

Suddenly, Lav stopped and grabbed Eric by the arm. Eric, who still was still in his thoughts, was alarmed. Oh no, did Lav finally decide to make his move? Was it the feast time? Was Lav hungry? However, Lav held his fingers up his lips and Eric finally heard the oncoming footsteps.

Eric understood. It must be the trio of maniacs! What should Eric do? Stay with Lav and trust him?

"Follow me," Lav whispered and took Eric's hand in his.

Lav's hand was soft and so was Eric's. This feeling was quite pleasant to both of them but Eric reacted too late to move as fast as Lav and the trio jumped before them.

"Greasy bastard, don't keep him to yourself. I still have something to settle with him," Nol's egyptian blue eyes glared at Eric. D-Did Eric do something off? Was it him running off?

"Second bro, I need to test my rival!" Fil roared and flashed a grin that Eric didn't like at all. For some reason, Eric felt the safest with Lav and hid behind him while they still held hands. Seeing this Nol scowled involuntarily.

"Brother, " Van only said this much but Lav understood that Van also needed Eric for his purposes. 

Lav sighed. He didn't want to fight with his brothers and he couldn't talk them out of it, so there was only one option.

Lav turned to Eric and apologised, "I'm a sorry teacher but please bear with it."

"Wha-" Eric had a bad feeling but before he even finished the word, Lav's hand already hit Eric's nape and rendered him unconscious.

Like a sack of potato, Lav carried Eric over his shoulder and instantly made a run for it. Although Nol was stronger than Lav, Lav was still most confident in his speed out of everyone. WOOSH and gone he was, leaving the three perplexed and needy demons behind.

18