It’s a cheat!!!
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ok, so you both just need to sign here," the assistant tapped on the contract lying on the table in front of Van and Timo, while she sat on Eric's chair, the beautiful view behind her.

Eric had to admit, this seat and position suited her very well. So, they were already at this point. After many hours of retelling his embarrassing, devious and vicious acts, no, crimes committed against his authors, they finally were at this point where Van and Timo would be taken in as authors by his company.

Eric was just glad everything went smoothly and the shit fest regarding who can taint his name the most was finally over. He now finally aspired to become a truly good person. He left nothing but awful memories of himself! Luckily, none of that went out to the public. Eric guessed it was also his assistant's doing. She had the means to control his authors which was a good sign.

She truly had what it takes. 

"Sign here?" Timo finally spoke after looking at the contract while Van just blankly stared at it waiting for Timo to give his approval or not, then he would follow suit.

"Does that mean we would become authors of this company? And we have to stay here in the human world?" 

Human world? The assistant just bled over this word choice, after all, all of Eric's writers were weird. No, all talented and gifted authors had some screw loose, the assistant was sure of it.

"If you mean, you have to work in the office, yes. It's a 9-5 job. We promote a productive working culture, which means if you work in the office with like-minded authors, your work will not only get new ideas but you also get more productive and feel motivated," actually the reason why Eric implemented this instead of letting the authors freelance, was to be able to torture his authors for 8 hours straight, the assistant was sure of that.

"Teacher?" Timo now turned to Eric and was able to figure out what was happening, "You want us to stay in the human world?"

It was time for Eric to give his speech. 

"Yes, you will grow more under true professional authors and reach your dream. Didn't you say you aspire to become authors no matter what? This influence and surroundings will do you the best. Take it as a gap year or studying in another country, universe. If you work here and continue to learn, you'll grow tremendously and will flourish as writer. No, I mean as Eric's students and writers, you will already become insanely popular. The only thing you have to do is to prove yourself."

Which will be hard, but you will work hard to become good authors, so my curse can be lifted! Yes, that, Eric thought was simple. If he got writers to sign as authors at his company, they would already receive the public's favour and attention, so once they publish their books, they'll become popular and thus successful authors, right? So Eric had to worry about two fewer demons.

Meaning he had two workloads less to handle and two stories less to transmigrate into. Wasn't this a perfect cheat? His curse only said to make the demons successful authors, but it didn't define it. 

Being acknowledged and receive the attention of the human world, didn't that already count as successful? Even if their works were bad, they would still sell because people were curious about Eric's hidden students. Ah, what a great marketing ploy that all marketing experts could only dream of!

"You're selling us off?" Van scoffed and was almost able to see through Eric's big brian play.

"No, I'm not, I'm just thinking what's best for you. Do you think you could learn more under me but in an environment where no one knows about writing or in an environment with professional and knowledgeable authors and editors? In a world full of writing you have unlimited access to? I assume they would also get free housing and living expenses right?"

"Of course," the assistant immediately answered. She had no idea what they were talking about but whatever it was, it seemed these authors were still hesitating which the assistant didn't understand. Everyone dreamt of working in this company as an author, so why were these two so reluctant?

"I will talk to Del about this, and it's not like you can't return. You get 24 days of holidays, so you can always return or whenever you want I guess, as long as you work hard and become successful authors," for me, hehe.

Eric's words seem to work a little because Van and Timo were more and more swayed. Yes, what better way to learn than to immerse yourself in an environment that was brimming with everything you need to become successful?

"Alright, Van let's do it, I can't wait to work on my story!" Timo was the first to be convinced and excitingly signed. Van followed and seeing how happy Timo was, Van's heart also felt lighter. Yes, this was a good opportunity.

"And if you have any difficulties, you can always ask me," Eric smiled seeing how these two idiots sold their lives away, well demons could far outlive humans so...

Eric didn't feel bad, they could always teleport back to the Demon World at any time. Now, Eric only needed to convince Del, which wouldn't be hard since Eric only needed to say the word and Del would do anything for him.

Meanwhile, the assistant had a hard time not rolling her eyes, these two were students of Eric and not of this lunatic's, so why was he acting like their teacher? Could it be that he was also an author, a student of Eric? So he had what it took? But this lunatic didn't seem like he wanted to stay here and the assistant couldn't be bothered to ask him. 

If he really was a good editor, he was still the lunatic from the broadcast, the marketing and PR would become a problem, although it could be explained as an editor's eccentric behaviour, to have him succeed the angel everyone believed Eric was... it was outrageous for the public to accept, and he would be boycotted from his will to live.

So, the assistant watched them say their goodbyes and part before taking the authors to introduce them to everyone. Eric remained in the office and let all the nostalgia flood him. Then he sat back on his chair he once stayed in to reign over his empire. This really felt from a lifetime ago. Soaking in these lingering feelings, Eric finally picked up the pen and paper and wrote his last will, making his assistant the CEO.

Then Eric went back home and soon was sucked back to the Demon World. At least he thought he was, but his soul had to make a stop before he could go back. In a black void where nothing but his own soul floated around, there was a big fat timer.

40 hours. Eric immediately knew what it meant, he had to wait for 40 hours before he could go back! What should he do here? Regretting his life? Work on his personality? 

As if! 

Sleep! He was going to sleep through these 40 hours. He wanted peace and he got it! What was more peaceful than being able to rest for a full 40 hours without anyone disturbing him? Nothing!

Eric finally managed to attain his lifelong dream! No demons, no horniness, no humans, nothing. Just Eric and his well-deserved relaxing time.

However, when only 30 hours were left on the timer, Eric received a notification he never knew he could attain but has been waiting for what felt like lifetimes. In golden letters, floating in the black void it read, 'Congratulations. Demons have successfully become authors in the human world.'

Fuck, this fast? Eric didn't even need to ask to know what this meant. His curse! It really worked! His curse was slowly being lifted! Wasn't this too easy? Eric should've gotten all demons to come with him and made them successful this way! But he could only return once to the human world. If only he knew, if only he knew prior then, all pain wasn't suffered in vain.

Eric got a quick glimpse of what happened in the human world in these 10 hours. Van and Timo's books were quickly released the second they squeezed out everything, after Eric's feedback, and the books were instantly published. Damn, these printing companies must have worked their asses off!

And their books were instantly sold out in just a few hours! 15 million copies and all sold out. Van and Timo achieved this in just less than a few hours! What the hell? Eric was frightened at his own might! The weapon he held, once again surprised him.

And it was all because they were labelled as Eric's secret weapons, well this was a far stretch but marketing does what marketing always does. If it worked, then it worked, who could fault them for this?

After Eric's initial shock and surprise, joy and happiness overcame him. He really had two less burdens! His genius plan was really genius and big brain! He wanted to celebrate this so much! 

But all he could do was to lie in excitement in this black void and watch the screen project what went on in the human world. Dammit, Eric really wanted to read their books but wasn't able to. Don't be so stingy, if you can show what happens in the human world, then you can at least give me a copy of their stories!

Eric would have to wait until he was back in the human world or ask Nol or Del to bring him copies back. Oh, the other demons would be so jealous, especially Nol! Eric could feel it! Another headache was coming...

***

Meanwhile, Nol was being a very bad student. Inside the cave-like place where Eric's defenceless body laid on the stone table just inviting to be used as a sex toy, loud moans and dirty whispers echoed from the walls back to Nol's ears.

Although Eric's body was basically dead since it had no soul in it, pants escaped his dry lips and his face was red. More than that, Eric was hard, all because naughty Nol was stroking Eric's pp.

Still fully clothed, only Eric's dick was nakedly abused in the cold surrounding of the stone cave. While Nol's hand rubbed it up and down, he knelt between Eric's legs and bent down. His nose touched Eric's twitching thing before his tongue stretched out to lick this place of pleasure.

1