Item
535 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the first encounter with the Eye-Thorn the encountered three more of them. Each time though they were the ones who were actively looking for them and had the advantage, except on one occasion where they two Eye-Thorns moving close together so they left.

*Tang*

Jason heard the sound of an arrow leave the bow and accurately hit an Eye-Thorn in one of its numerous limbs. It was the second arrow that had dug in it's body and as every other time it dropped on the ground as it's limbs slightly twitched.

As soon as that happened Jason went to it's body and started cutting of it's eyeball. He plunged his dagger to the edge and started cutting around it with a slight smile.

' I'm getting good at this. At first it took me about a minute to cut around the eyeball, but now it's more like 40 seconds.'

Jason happily cut out the eyeball of the Eye-Thorn and got it out of its socket. 

'Now I only have to cut it's connection.....and done! Whith this it makes three.'

He was about to put the eyeball on his backpack, but he noticed something was not right. The body of the Eye-Thorn had begun to release a green smoke that was attracted to the eyeball on his hand.

"What the fuck!" Yelled Jason in fright as he saw this. He  was about to throw the eyeball away , but the man stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"What are you doing!? Let go of my hand!"

"Let go, are you crazy? Do you know what is happening right now?! An item is forming!" spoke the man as he lustfully eyed the eyeball in Jason's hand. 

"Item....

Jason was surprised. He hadn't thought that the game like elements of this world also included items. This made him not really notice until it was already over, but the body of the Eye-Thorn had completely disappeared.

*Ping*

                 You have obtained an item.         

 

A screen appeared before Jason's eyes , leaving him speechless. He wanted to ask the man what was happening, but a bear hug  stopped him.

"Haha, yes yes yes.....

The man was hugging Jason so hard that it took him a while to gather enough air to speak.

"Whoa, calm down, calm down.....

After a while the man calmed down and let go of  Jason, but the excitement hadn't diminished even one bit. "Hahahah, sorry about that,  It's just that this is a very rare opportunity. Do you know how rare is it for an item to form?"

"Is it very valuable?" said Jason as he carefully held something in his hand. It looked no longer like the eyeball of an Eye-Thorn but like a green marble with the same size.

"It should be." excitedly said the man as he took the item from Jason's hand. 

" An item being created after you kill a monster is a 1:500 chance. Though the chance of getting an item raises with the strength of the opponent, the difficulty is still about the same."

Jason listened to the man's explanation and couldn't help but feel they had hit the jackpot, the man had hit the jackpot. Seeing the man so happy about getting the item he gave up on the idea of asking for a cut.

"So, are we going to continue to hunt the Eye-Thorns?"

When he heard Jason's question the man fell silent for a moment as he thought about something. It looked like he was struggling to find an answer, but as he looked at the marble in his hand he sighed. He then put the item in a pouch on his belt and immediately turned back.

"No, we are immediately getting out of here! Come, follow me!" 

"......

Jason didn't answer and just  followed the man. Still, although he didn't get to keep the item the possibilities of the future made him smile.

'I only need a little more experience and I won't need to work as a porter.  I'll just run dungeons by myself.....'

As they were moving through the forest he finally started to feel the burded of having a backpack. It was great for storing the materials you collected from monsters, but if you wanted to fight or run it hindered you even if it was empty.

'Maybe I need to rethink that.

I guess that the people of this world are not stupid. If they were, they would have not hired a porter to carry all the monster materials.'

The two of them moved fast through the forest and in about 5 minutes they were at the portal. The man didn't wait even a second as he touched it and disappeared.

"Guess I'll be going to....

Jason also touched the portal and a screen apeared in front of him.

        

             Do you want to leave    
                      Eye-Thorn
                    Yes.        No. 

He selected yes with his mind  and he also disappeared from the forest.

........

*Clicnk* *Clicnk*

Jason was in the hospital they were staying, slowly playing with the three silver coins he had received for today's work. He absentmindedly  stacked them again and again while his mind was in the first dungeon he had entered.

*Clicnk*

' I guess that I was to naive to think that becoming an adventurer would be easy. Not only do I need to get some skills so I can use, information about the dungeons and how they work, but it seems that I also need to raise my Spirit stat.'

He opponed his status and observed his SP.

Name Fir (Human/????)
Class Farmer/???? 
LV 3
Strength 8
Vitality 10
Dexterity 3
Spirit 5
Skills 2
Titles 2
HP 92/100
SP 24/50
STP 4

 

' When I just left the dungeon  I had my SP at 12/50 and now about three hours later it's 24/50. I spent about half an hour inside the dungeon looking, killing and harvesting monsters so I guess I use about 1 SP point per minute?

If that's right, I can't stay inside a dungeon more than 50 minutes or I'll die. The most optimal time would be about 30 minutes, taking into account the time it takes to get back to the entrance and if I encounter anything along the way.'

"Haah~

Jason turned around and saw his sister slowly drinking her soup. She also noticed him staring and asked.

"Is something the matter?"

"No no, I was just thinking that you make a very good soup. I  wonder if your Class will be Cook when you turn fifteen."

"I don't know...I guess so? I haven't done anything else but cook lately. Usually mom would......

"........

Jason felt a new headache forming. He had no idea how to comfort her and knew that even though she didn't show it she was lonely, so he did the only thing that made sense for him.

He gave her a hug.

"Don't worry.....

As he said that he felt something moist fall on his shoulder. 

22