Hunting 2
487 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason slowly moved along the damp forest, taking one step after another with his sword in his hand. The sword wasn't that big, no more than 50 cm. It was a little thick and not as sharp, but it's tip could pierce wood fairy easily.

' This is a little erie.'  though Jason as he slowing walked, attentive of anything. He had entered deep enough into the forests that it was about time to start noticing something, but he hadn't seen anything yet.

' I shouldn't let my guard down, because that can only mean death.'

*Pshh....

He suddenly heard something to his left and immediately turned. What he saw that 10 m away from him was a mushroom half the height of a human, suddenly coming out of the ground. The mushroom had a mouth a single eye in the middle of its body like and a big, red spotted cap . Lastly it had two small arms by its side and two long legs.

"Kiiiiiiuu~

It let out a small scream as it rushed towards Jason in a mad dash. Jason saw this and just put the sword towards the gigantic mushroom and took a deep breath.

A little more than three seconds later the mushroom was within Jason's striking range so he took a step forward and thrusted with all his might.

"Kiiiiiii~

The mushroom screamed on the top of its lung's as the sword pierced deep into it's mushy body, but it was not dead yet.

*Bam*

Suddenly the mushroom cap expanded to twice it's size and then it exploded, releasing a thick cloud of it pollen all around.

' What the hell is this?!'

Jason was engulfed in the cloud of pollen and was disoriented giving the mushroom time to attack. A small punch hit him directly in the gut .

"Guh.....

It surprised him more than it hurt him, but that was all Jason needed to wake up from his stupor.

"Huaap....

Using all his strength he slashed upwards cutting the mushroom cap in two. This made a little more pollen come out , but it was no where near to before. 

"Kiii....

The mushroom gave one last sound as it fell to the ground  , never to be heard of again.

" Well, that was fun." said Jason as he dusted himself of the pollen that had covered him and squated down to inspect the mushroom. He poked it with his sword a couple of times to see if it was really dead and it was, but Jason wasn't happy.

' Ok, I have hunted my first monster, but what the hell am I going to do with it?! I was expecting some goblins or something similar so I know what to  harvest from them, but what the hell can I get from this? Can I eat it? Is this monster mushroom edible?'

Jason entertained the thought that he may be able to make out a meal or this mushroom, but he was scared because it might be poisonous and he didn't want to really level up his poison resistance at this time.

"Fuck it! I just need to find some....huh? Why is the sky so bright....and why are the trees the color of the rainbow?

My mouth is so dry....."

Jason felt lightheaded so he sat down on the ground. He felt comfortably warm as he looked at the sky with a big smile. He felt so comfortable that slowly.....very very slowly his eyelids became heavier and he fell asleep.

.......

"Huuh....

Jason woke up from a short, but relaxing sleep. His mind felt crystal clear, but his body was stiff as hell making him groan in discomfort.

"What the hell happened to me? Why the hell did I fall asleep?  The mushroom.....

He quickly turned to the side and saw that the body of the mushroom was still laying where he had last seen it and he somewhat calmed down. The only difference was that now the body was full of tiny mushrooms, making Jason wonder what caused them.

".......shit!"  yelled Jason as he patted his body all around, as if trying to see where the hell he had his phone, but he was in fact checking if he had turned into a mushroom farm, which he fortunately wasn't.

"This is fucking insane! Why can't killing a monster be a simple matter and not a fucking nightmare? Fuck!"

He angrily got up from the ground and started kicking the shit out of the mushroom.

"Fuck... you.... you.... fucking.... mushroom....hah....

He kicked the mushroom for about a minute before he realized he was wasting this strength. He looked to the sun and saw that it had moved quite a bit.

' What the fuck am I doing? I can't waste any time here. I need to find a decent monster to kill.'

"Giii giiiii....

Suddenly a deep call came from the side which was  immediately followed by two more calls sounding the same as the first. Jason turned around immediately and saw that three short, grey and ugly humanoids were coming his way. The were about 1.5 meters tall, skinny, had a nose at least twice as big as a humans and the only thing they wore was a skirt woven from some plant.

As weapons thei held in their hands a thick and flat wooden stick with sharp rocks on it. The rocks were aligned in a manner that made them look like a swords edge.

'Fuck...

As soon as Jason saw them he ducked down and laid flat on the ground. He hid behind the mushrooms dead body and calmed his breathing.

' I guess I shouldn't have complained. Now I have to deal with three gnomes.' thought Jason as he released his backpack to make it easier to fight, and waited. He waited for the gnomes to come to him, but even after a while he didn't hear anything approaching him.

' Why isn't anyone coming? They couldn't have left, right?'

Jason was surprised that the gnomes hadn't come to get him yet, but he still didn't move. He waited some more, but a scream made him in edge.

" GIIIAAAAA....

"Gikk....

It was so loud that it wouldn't be a surprise if everyone on this forest heard it. This made Jason even more worried as he knew that someone or something else would come to look at what was happening, so he decided it was best to run away.

He shoot up from the ground and looked to see if there was anything around, but what he saw made him stop on his tracks. Out of the three gnomes that had come, one was laying dead in the ground with a big gash on his head , one was twitching on the ground as one of the sticks aligned with sharp rocks stuck to his head and the last one was madly shoveling dirt with his hands . He was digging out  the hole the mushroom had come from.

"What the....

He was so surprised that he unconsciously said those words out loud and of course the gnome heard him.

"Gigu...giggigigiigifi....

The gnome went went crazy as it immediately jumped out of the hole, took his weapon that was on the ground and rushed towards Jason with a mad look on his eyes.

"Giiiig giiiigg....

It rushed with it's weapon high above it's head, yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs, but unlike any other Farmer, Jason wasn't impressed. He just lowered his body a little, put the sword close to his body, the tip ready to pierce.

"Giiiiggguuuu.....

The gnome was two meters away from Jason as it started to swing down his weapon, but Jason was faster.

"Huuap....

He took a big step forward and in a single motion pierced through the gnomes chest. This time it felt different than when he pierced the mushroom, more hard at the beginning , but easier at the end.

"Guuuuu.....

The gnome looked at the sword sticking on his chest and it's legs went weak. It felt cold and warm at the same time as his vision slowly darkened, and finally everything went dark. 

"Shit....

Jason suddenly let go of his sword as it suddenly became heavy. It was not the sword that was heavy though, but because the gnome was already dead.

20