Real Practice 4
403 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Fuck!' cussed Jason as he felt himself getting weaker and weaker. It wasn't that noticable, but it still worried him. The wound's he had sustained weren't imediately fatal, but if he didn't receive treatment soon, he would die.

' Tch...I have to go to the city as soon as possible if I don't want to become goblin pop. But first I have to get my damn truffle.'

Jason, while trying to bleed as less as possible headed back to where the fox was still laying on the ground. It seamed to have tried to leave once again, but it hadn't gotten far.

"Krrrrr...

It growled once again at Jason, but it was noticibly weaker than before. It was also still holding the truffle on it's mouth, making Jason think that it was better to end it quick.

' The truffle may be ruined, but it also may be intact. I'll even take the middle ground and settle for half a truffle. '

"Goodbye...." said Jason at the dying fox as he took the dagger out of his backpack and was about to end it's life.

"UuuuuUuuu.....

The fox wailed and made a pleading face for Jason, but Jason didn't really care. The battle the he had just experienced had drained him of his feelings, especially his compassion as the one who caused this was the fox.

" It's your own fault....

He stabbed down with all his strength , aiming for the foxes throat, but a sudden notification made him stop.

*ting*

   

    Would you like to form soul contract with Lesser Forest Spirit?
              Yes   No

             

"......

Jason stared with wide eyes at the notification in front of him. It just came out of nowhere and it was something he had never seen before.

' A spirit contract....Lesser Forest Spirit?? What the hell is going on?'

"UuuuuUuuu....

Jason looked at the fox and saw it was looking straight at him. He noticed the Intelligence in it's eyes and understood what was going on.

' This fox is a forest spirit, and it's trying to form a contract with me?

Is this a trick? '

He lowered his dagger for a moment as he contemplated accepting the offer, but he was sceptical. He didn't know what a soul contract was or did, so if he accepted he could as well be screwing himself over.

Jason shook his head " Nice try, but I'm to ignorant to understand what that means. Still, if you let go of the truffle I'm willing to let you live. What do you say about that?"

*ting*

   

    Would you like to form soul contract with Lesser Forest Spirit?
              Yes   No

             

"Last chance?"

*ting*

Would you like to form soul contract with Lesser Forest Spirit?

"Fine then....

Jason quickly stabbed down once again. The cold tip of the dager was reflected on the foxes eyes.

(Wait waitwaitwaii......huh?)

Jason smiled as he removed the dagger from the ground he had just stabbed into and put it to the foxes throat."So you could talk. You sneaky bastard!"

(.... you tricked me.)

" Feels nice right? That's how I felt when you brought that ork towards me."

(........)

"Don't want to talk anymore huh? Well, neither do I. I'll just take my truffle and be on my way, or do you want your throat slit?

You have three seconds.

1......

2.....

( Fine, but I won't be giving you this Spirit Nexus. )

"What are you talking about? What Spirit Nexus?"

( I'm talking about the thing in my mouth.

If you give me that , I'll repay you when I evolve to Forest Spirit. I'll give you information about the best hunting grounds and the places of many hard to find herbs.)

"Hahaha" Jason laughed quietly at the foxes words. " You know, I may be ignorant, but I'm not stupid. How can I believe your words?"

(Stupid human, that's why I offered you a Spirit Contract. If you accepted it , we would be binded so we could both keep our promise.)

Jason frowned at the foxes words. A bindingn contract that made the both of them keep their promise sounded good, but his 21 century nose smelled bullshit.

"I now somewhat understand, but still; why didn't you talk to me before and just offer the contract? "

(......I didn't think  you didn't know. Most humans  know that, so it's not my fault you didn't know.)

" I don't trust you." drily answered Jason as he pressed the knife more to the foxes throat.

( Yo... you stupid human! Do you think that killing me will  get you anything?! The goblins have already caught a wif of the Spirit Nexus so  they'll soon be here and you'll be dead.)

Jason frowned at the foxes words. They may as well be nonsense, but goblins showing up right now wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

" Well, if that happens won't you also he dead? What does matter if I kill you or not?"

(It does, it matters very much! If you let me live ,I'll guarantee that you will live.)

" And how will you do that? " answered an interested Jason.

.......

Five minutes later Jason was gritting his teeth in pain as he strained himself. It would have been hard to walk in his condition, but now that he was also carrying a 20 kg fox in his backpack, it was a whole new world of pain.

"Are we there yet?!" grunted Jason.

(Yes, we are almost there. You just have to go towards that small hill and start to circle to the left.)

"Nggg.... you better he telling the truth or I'll be having fox head stew for lunch."

(Hmph....

Jason ignored the foxes attitude and continued forward towards a small lush hill before him. As he arrived there he did as the fox instructed and continue to circle it to the left, until a big black hole appeared before him.

(This is it, this is the place!) said the fox as a big dungeon entrance appeared before them. It was twice as big as the one Jason had entered and much more domineering.

"Hey, don't tell me that you were talking about the dungeon. Tell me....

(Let's just enter inside. The goblins can't follow us there.)

*bam*

Suddenly Jason let go of his backpack ,and it fell to the ground hard.

(Ouch! Why did you do that?!)  growled the fox in pain.

"Do you want to kill me! Telling me to enter a dungeon filled with monsters in order to escape? You clearly want to die."

( No no ,I'm telling the truth. If we enter inside I can protect the both of us from the monsters inside and the goblins will not dare to enter inside.)

"I don't believe you! All you do is lie so you can live, but I won't do as you wish anymore."

(You stupid human! Do you want to die so bad?! Listen to me and enter the dungeon and you will live.)

"No...I don't think I will.  Even if i wanted to....ummmph....

His vision darkened for a second and he staggered to the side. He also felt weak and lightheaded as he was beginning to loose strength on his feet as the adrenaline finally lost its effect.

' Status....

Name Fir (Human/????)
Class Farmer/???? 
LV 4
Strength 8
Vitality 10
Dexterity 7
Spirit 5
Skills 4
Titles 2
HP 24/100
SP 31/50
STP 5

 

He opponed his status to see his condition and noticed that his HP was really low at 24/100.

'It's so low....

If only I could stop my bleeding, I would at least be able to run away. But with these wounds, I don't know if I'll make it more than 500 m. Aaaaaghhh.... another headache for Jason.

Veina....it seems that this is as far as I'll go. Please, forget about this useless brother you had.'

(Hey, hey... wake up! I said wake up. Do you hear....me.....)

Jasos eyes started to close and he prepared to die. The tiredness was very comforting in a way as he was completely relaxed, but suddenly his eyes noticed a pair of boots. They were green in color, with a wooden sole and had something engraved on them, but because his vision was to blurry he couldn't make it out.

"........nice...shoes.....

That was the last thing he said before he lost conciousness.

16