Couple
318 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The very next day after Jason accepted the Archery girls proposal and learned her name was Besia, he headed towards he house which was to a village a little way from the city. It took about 1 hour and a half to arrive there by riding the carriage of a fellow villager that went to the city everyday to inform the guild about monster activity.

And so, after their short journey the three of them arrived at the village, Kiman village. It wasn't that big of a village as it only had a little more than 20 houses, one big tavern and only an old windmill used to ground up the grain's they produced. To the two girls this must be something normal, but Jason couldn't help but take in the view.

' So this is the village I'll be living  in. It.... doesn't seem to bad, but how should I know? ' thought Jason as he stared at the villages children as also stared and pointed at him. It became a little lively for a while , but the children soon lost interest when they arrived at the house.

 It was a one story house that was a mix of stone and wood and had orange-ish tile's lining the roof. It was surrounded by a short hedge,l that seemed to be less for keeping someone out, but keeping the creature eating hay inside. It was  another strange creature to Jason that was like cow sized, and looked like a grey sheep that had very long and big horns.

' That's another world for you. I  wonder when will I stop getting surprised by the differences?' thought Jason as Beisa went forward and entered the house.

"Mom, are you home?! It's me Beisa!" shouted the girl a couple of times, but no one answered until after a minute ,someone was seen coming from the side. It was a tall and skinny old woman with the eyes of a hawk. She had long greying hair in a ponytail , a sharp nose ,black eyes and looked just stern.

"Who are you?" said she as she looked at Jason from head to toe and then at Veina who was by his side." Why did you come here?"

Suddenly the archery girl came out of the house and she smiled as she saw the old woman.

"Grandma!"

"Besia....you've returned! Where were you yesterday and why didn't you return before nightfall? Do you know how worried I was?!" angrily said the old woman as she headed to Beisa who had now lost her smile. The old woman then proceeded to ask her numerous questions that she only answered shortly.

"Grandma, please stop worrying about me. I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Hmph, well you sure do act like one. Going to god knows where without any explanation, you are still inexperienced about the world. " said the old woman as she pulled Besia's sideburn , making her flinch in pain. She then moved her attention to the siblings who were just standing there."And who is that kid? Is he also a friend of yours as that girl you brought here yesterday?" 

"Ah, grandma he is....uh he is....ummmmm...." 

Seeing the girl struggle to answer the question Jason smiled inwardly as he felt the darkside beckon to him, and he wouldn't miss the opportunity.

'Hehehehe, this is going to be payback for breaking my nose.' thought Jason as he went forward with a hearty smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Fir,and you should be Besia's grandmother?"

"That's right! And who are you?" said the old woman as she looked at Jason's smiling face and his broken nose. Jason noticed this and another great idea came to him at that moment as he made the best surprised expression he could muster. It wasn't good , but it was decent.

"What, she didn't tell you?! I'm her lover." said Jason with all the confidence in the world. If he had a third hand he would definitely have patted himself on the back.

The old woman as well as the two girls were speechless, but what was heard a moment later almost made Jason have a heart attack. 

"Did you get pregnant!" said the old woman as she stared at Besia. 

Jason didn't fully process the words the old woman said as he suddenly felt like someone just punched him in the stomach and his legs became weak. Beside him dying, that was the most scared he had been in his life.

"Grandma! You.... you....." muttered the girl who now bright red and fuming. She stared daggers at Jason who was also surprised.

"So, are you or are you not? I need an answer. ARE YOU?!"

"I...I....

"No, she isn't pregnant." chimed in Jason who had regained his senses and prepared to deal the final blow." But it's not because of not trying...if you know what I mean." smilingly said Jason as he touched his broken nose with a smug look on his face.

"OUCH....

The archery girl yelled in pain as a couple strand's of her sideburn hair were yanked of by her grandmother.

"It's best that we talk about this inside. The neighbors are to nosy around here." said the old woman and they finally entered inside.

..........

Half an hour passed away and Besia's mother returned as she had gone to get some water at the village well. She had short hair like Besia, and beside her beeing in her late twenties she looked exactly like Besia. She was now sitting across Jason who was smiling and Besia who was acting a little anxious. She seemed to be thinking about something important and only about a couple of minutes she spoke.

"I understand the situation and I don't like this, but I can't disagree.  Since you two have decided to go along with it I have to agree with your decision, but that also means that you're  going to act like it. 

I wish you a happy life together." said Besia's mother as she smilingly patted Besia's head, making Jason squint his eyes at that.

' This is to easy.....

13