Hunter 2
140 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day passed quietly with Jason practicing his bow with the elf for an hour and thinking of how to hunt the goblins, but as noon arrived he began to worry. He had went to see the city and noticed that it was still closed, and that the smell of dead bodies was something he wouldn't want to try again.

Of course this was sugarcoated when he spoke to the others so as to not make them worry, but they still worried nonetheless. Veina and Besia pushed him to train with them and tried to pry something from him, but Jason just said the same thing as before , even though it irritated him a lot. 

And so, the next day arrived.....

..........

Jason groggily woke up as always, his eyelids heavy as he was greeted with the sweet smell of feet. He pinched his nose as he got up and went to the window to take a fresh breath of air.

"Haaaaaaaa.......

He breathed a couple of times before the smell went away , when he heard some ruffling from the side. He groggily turned his head to the side and opened his eyes enough to see a green tailed fox standing on the wooden wall of the house, looking at him.

"I hate you...." said Jason at the fox who just yawned , but it looked like it was laughing . This made Jason angry as it slapped the fox over the head, but didn't expect the fox to bite him.

"OUCH! You fucking.....

Jason yelled in pain as blood dripped from his palm, as the fox continued to bite him. In the process the others were also woke up with a start.

"Brother what's wrong?!"

"Hey, hey, are you okay?"

.................

30 minutes later Jason was angrily walking towards the dungeon , the fox walking behind him. It angrily bared it's teeth towards Jason who rubbed his wounded palm. They both were angry at one other, but when they saw the elf waiting for them at the entrance of the dungeon they became as meek as sheep.

"Let's go, I don't have much time. " said the elf as she just threw a glance at them, before entering the dungeon. The two of them also didn't waste any time and also entered. 

.............

As soon as Jason opened his eyes he was once again meet with the gigantic trees and the humid hot weather, but he wasn't as surprised as yesterday. He now had some information on how to operate in this place and how to hunt the goblins, so he turned to speak with the f but saw she was gone.

' Where the hell did she go?' thought Jason as he felt a little uneasy by her sudden disappearance. 

( Relax, she has just hid herself, she hasn't left yet. I suspect that she I trying to see if you're going to do well without her.) spoke the fox directly into Jason's mind. This made him frown as he had hoped for a little help, but it wasn't meant to be.

' Fine then, I guess that I'll have to do it myself. Still, I shouldn't  do anything that is beyond the capabilities of a Farmer, if I don't want to complicate things at least.

Now , which way to go?' thought Jason as he looked around himself and saw that everywhere looked the same, so he just decided to just head forward. The fox followed behind him silently, while also sniffing for something on the air.

This continued for for about five minutes when Jason heard the slithering. It was something so erie the it made him stop on the spot. 

"Hey, what is that?" quietly said Jason as he was ready to draw his bow and shoot. 

(I don't know, but it's better than we leave it alone.) answered back the fox as it sniffed the air, it's ears perked up.

Jason saw the reaction of the fox and decided to wait and see. His backpack growing heavy as every pore of his body oozed sweat and as itched. He gritted his teeth and waited when nhe suddenly noticed a gigantic snake quickly moving past the forest floor. It was more than ten meters long and one meter wide, with black scales that seemed to suck the light.

"Sssssss......" Jason drew a sharp and cold breath as his heart pounded in his chest. The sheer size of the snake made him afraid to even move muscle until it passed.

'Hah hah..... that is a big fucking snake!' thought Jason trying to calm himself a little bit. It didn't work that well though as even after a minute he didn't move from his spot, and it would take one more minute for him to start moving again, albeit with shaking legs.

And so,  Jason once again continued to look for his target, the ' Jungle Goblins' that seemed to be rare enough that he still hadn't seen even a sign of them. They seem to elude his searching even with the help of the fox, and he was about to turn back , when he saw a big mound of dirt. It was taller than him and it was at least a couple of meters wide.

This made Jason stop to look at it and he noticed that numerous ants were going in and out of it. They were black with a red belly and about as long as Jason's big finger.

' So this dungeon has ants huh? Big fuckers also....hmmm.....

As Jason stared at the ants doing their thing, a colorful bird that the size of the fox swooped down and pecked two ants with it's thin and long beak before flying again to a branch. It gobbled up the two it got before trying to go for another grub again when something flew at it. It was a dart wit a colorful tail at the end of it.

"Kwaaaaa.....

The bird let a loud sound that reverberated across the jungle, before raising to fly away. This of course scared Jason as he was on high alert , trying to find out where that came from , but he didn't have to look hard as two short figures appeared. They were about one meter tall, had green skim and both wore some kind of decorated wooden mask on their face. One had a big blowpipes and looking at the bird , while the other had two short spears on its left hand coupled with a wide wooden shield, and on its right it had a long spear.

' This....

Jason frowned as he hadn't noticed them before, even though they had been no more than ten meters away from him, but it seemed that the also hadn't noticed him. The spoke a couple of word's to each other as they looked up and soon left Jason's vision.

(Hey, why didn't you shoot them. They are the goblins were looking for.) said the fox at the still stunned Jason who just now understood the situation.

"I  know, but it wasn't the best time to attack." lied Jason through his teeth" The best time to attack is when they lower their guard and when they fall into an ambush, one which we will create right now.

We shall wait for them here until they come back, as this seems to be their hunting ground. When they come I'll hit them from the back, while you attract their attention. Go it....

( Fine, but you better kill them quickly.) said the fox a little irritated while started to prepare the plan in his head. Thinking about what to do if he missed or what to do it he was noticed before he could attack, but he wasn't that all that worried as he knew the elf was watching over him.

' I hope so.....

7