Ringing Bells 4
113 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elf was surprised at her discovery. The tracks clearly lead to the entrance of a dungeon, but she couldn't see the relevance of a dungeon to the Dark Church at the moment. It was so very strange to her.

' Is this a way for them to loose their tracks?' thought the elf as she looked behind her and shook her head.' No, for them to do this they would have predicted that someone would come and highly doubt something like that. The only logical explanation is that they frequented the dungeon, but....why now, why this dungeon?'

The elf was getting more and more confused, but at that moment remember something the Forest Spirit had asked her recently. He had asked what ' If you are focused on the tree , you miss the forest, and also if you're focused on the tree you can also miss the fruit' ment, but she had only looked at him surprised. She had thought about that question for a while, and she had somewhat understood what that was supposed to convey.

"The tree, the fruit , the forest...." slowly said the elf as she once again begun to think about the situation. 'If the situation is like that, then is the dungeon the fruit , the tree or the forest?' thought the elf as she looked at the dungeon entrance. The elf went forward , extended her hand towards the dungeon entrance and the usual notification appeared before her.

 

Would you like to enter ' Foggy Swamp?
Yes No

 

Error!

Your level is higher than the limit(LV 10). You may not enter the dungeon.

The elf removed her hand as she received the expected response, and she also crossed one of the possibilities of her list.
 
' The Dark Church wouldn't gain much by occupying a dungeon of this level, so that means that this is not the fruit. Then, there there is left only the tree and the forest.....
 
Hmmm, the forest.....is also unlikely as this dungeon can't be their entire plan, so there is only the tree left. If that is the case then what would the Dark Church gain from occupying this low level dungeon, what is a dungeons fruit......"
 
Suddenly the elf raised her head up and saw the numerous trees around her in horror.
 
"It.... can't be! Is that really all there is to it? The forest, the dungeons....." said the elf as she seemed to have understood something important. She immediately became a shadow as she headed where the hawk was and mounted it.
 
*Screeeee.....
 
The hawk seemed to understand her masters feelings as it immediately flapped it's enormous wings and took flight. The elf gently patted it's neck to calm it down and also direct it towards her destination.
 
 
' If what I'm thinking is true then this needs to be stopped as soon as possible. If this continues it's hard to predict how much stronger the Dark Church may become.'
 
............
 
Two more days passed in relative calmness for Jason and the lot, except for him not going inside the dungeon that is. It seemed that the elf had some important business and she didn't have time to deal with him. He was fine with that though as he didn't want to scour the hot and humid dungeon everyday, and he much preferred to train his archery and feed the anthills that the fox had found.
 
"Hehehe....
 
He threw a couple of branches on the ground near the anthill and happily saw the ants head towards them.
 
' Haha, such cute little things. So little, but so diligent and strong.' thought Jason as he reached a finger and an ant ran on it. It looked confused as it was taken out of it's rightful place and started to frantically trying to go down.
Jason saw this and just closed his eyes , focused on it , and the ant stopped. It then started to move from the tip on one finger to the top of another finger, then if moved to the palm and started doing circles, eights and even moved in a square pattern.
 
As it did this Jason only smiled, partly because he found it funny and partly because the movement of the ant tickled. That continued for about five minutes until Jason heard something. It was very hard to make out what it was, but it made him stop teasing the poor ant and put i back together with it's brethren.
 
 
Jason narrowed his eyes as he immediately headed back to the treehouse, but couldn't help but wonder what was that noise.
 
'Is something going on? Did the Dark Church make a move?' thought Jason as he hastened his steps. He moved fast through the forest and the more he approached the treehouse the clearer the sound became. It looked like the sound of metal, and deep down he knew it, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was. As he arrived at the treehouse he saw that all were gathered around and were speaking to each other. They also seemed disturbed by the noise as they frantically pointed towards a direction.
 
"Hey, what's going on? " said Jason as he frowned upon seeing their faces.
 
"Brother....
"Fir.....
 
Both Veina and Besia rushed over to give him a hug , making Jason more confused. He just stood there, being hugged as they laughed in happiness.
 
He turned to look at Fesia as she was also smiling."What happened to be so happy? I guess that something good happened?" said Jason a little amused, but when he heard the explanation he immediately became serious.
 
"Haha, of course it's good news!" happily said Fesia" The bell ringing, it's rang five times in a row. It means that we can now go home."
 
"Bell....five times?" asked Jason confused as he didn't know what that meant.
 
 
"It means that the city is finally opened, the Dark Church has retreated. " said Veina as she squeezed harder, her eyes like a little child's " Me and Besia went on to check the city not long ago and the gates have finally opened , soldiers were flooding in and refugees were also gathering."
 
 
"It's over? The Dark Church retreated? But, they didn't even attack the city?!" questioned Jason is surprise. He didn't understand what was happening right now, but he , only a single Farmer was the catalyst that made all this possible.
 
...........
 
In a dark cave illuminated only by a single lantern, a fully hooded figure was kneeling while heavily trembling. His face was pale as cold sweat coated his body, but he didn't make any effort to warm himself up.
 
Suddenly a cold voice of a woman was heard.
 
"What do you have to say for yourself?"
 
 
"Lady Hass, I...I...I......
 
"Yes, youuuu...... WHAT! You what?! Speak, don't stop now." coldly said the woman as she stared at the kneeling man before her.
 
 
"I....I aagggggghhhh......
The man suddenly yelled out loud, took a dagger from his hip, and then proceeded to stab himself on the heart.
 
"Guuuuu....gaaaaaaa.....
 
The man gritted his teeth in pain as his eyes opened wide, before they soon lost their light. The man fell face down on the ground, clearly dead evident by the dagger on his chest and the huge amount of blood littering the floor.
 
 
"Hmmm, clever man......" said the woman as she clicked her tongue in amusement. She took two steps forward before she extended her right hand over his head, on her ring finger, a black ring with a shining green gem on it. The gem seemed to hold several sparks that moved inside it , like flies on the surface of water, but they were clearly inside the gem and not outside.
 
 
"Mmmm.....
 
The woman just smiled as her red eyes stared at the ring and one of the sparks flew out. It moved quickly though the air, and entered the head of the dead mad. Silence was the only thing that prevailed, though that was until the dead body suddenly got up on its feet as if he hadn't a dagger just embedded to his chest.
 
"Now that's better.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
7