Alliance 5
96 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Jason and the fox were starting to look for someone to interrogate the orks and the goblins had begun the second stage of their plan. It wasn't some revolutionary or groundbreaking plan by all means, but it was still something that would bring the gnomes their demise. Faik, the leader of the goblin village was an old and crafty goblin that had spent most of his wretched life fighting either one of the other races that resided in the forest or against strong humans that came to eradicate them, but he had survived. 

He had been in the brink of death more than five times in his life , and everytime he hadn't survived because he was stronger than his opponent, but because he used his head, because he was a Mage. Craftily utilizing his magic to change the battleground beforehand to his advantage was what he excelled in, and that was what he had actually done. Without the knowledge of the gnomes he had stealthily filled or collapsed some of their entrances, but he hadn't randomly done so. He had targeted the entrances so that a circular gray zone on no gnome entrances could be formed and then he had placed his and Moro's troups in that grey zone.

"Hehehe....

Laughed Faik as he saw the pillars of smoke slowly fading until they were no more. Moro who was to his side , stoically standing with his snout flaring, was also glaring at the forest with amusement. A poleaxe that sometimes buzzed with electricity was being tightly held in his right hand, and in his left was his helmet.

"Hehehe.... Leader Moro, the first step of our plan is finished, now we move to the second step." said Faik as he threw a side glance at Moro and smiled on the inside" No need to be so concerned about the situation, it's not in our hands anymore. We have done all we could, now it's up to fate....."

"Huuuu....." Moro let out a long breath as he clenched his poleaxe. " Fate....is something truly fickle Leader Faik. Like drop of water falling into a hot flame....it instantly disappears before your eyes, leaving you in awe, chasing what was once left. I've learned that fate is not something to wait for, but something you grab for yourself."

This statement made Faik slightly open his eyes in awe and he wanted to laugh , but he managed to contain himself.

"Hooh...I didn't expect that Leader Moro to be so wise, my apologies." said Faik as he once again looked up. "Alas, the younger generation is always ment to surpass the old one."

"Mmmm......

Moro just nodded his head and didn't speak anymore , but deep inside he was pissed.' Heh, you old goblin fart, you think I can't understand what you mean by those words? Calling me stupid and then praising me in the next second, a truly disgusting creature. It's no wonder father and grandfather refused to cooperate with them. They are all two headed snakes that you can't trust, but so am I.....' inwardly smiled Moro as he thought of what he had planned for the goblins when this was over.

"Mmmm.... Leader Moro, your excitement is showing...." said Faik as he noticed the increased arcs of electricity on the poleaxe.

"Aghh... apologies, I was just to excited. The thought of exterminating the gnomes has made me restless.....

"Haha, I know that feeling. The thrill of battle, is something truly addictive, but also dangerous. Still, facing a shaman of the gnomes needs such vigour, if not, it'll be a loosing battle. "

".......

I know, father was gravely injured by one of their shams around ten years ago and he still cautions me about them. 

' You must fear the rider, but the beast it rides is the true monster. If you fall in it's hole, you be certain it is one of death'; or so he said. "

"Your father is wise....so you understand what I mean. To kill the shaman we should take out the 'Gigant Mole' it rides. If we fail to do that it'll most certainly escape underground and we may never find it again. "

"Hmph....

*Kang*

Moro suddenly raised his poleaxe and with only his right hand he swung it at a tree nearby. The ace hit the tree on the side, but contrary as one would expect , the axe head didn't get stuck to the wood but it sliced through it, or more exactly it ripped through it. The two meter wide tree now had a 20 cm wide gash on its side, a testament to Moro's strength.

"I only need one strike....one clean hit and the beasts fur shall adorn my bedchamber. "

Faik's eyes shined at such a display and he was impressed, but it was nothing he hadn't seen before. "Well, how can I say no to such a display. I'll make sure that you achieve that goal.... Leader Moro."

"Thank you , Leader Faik.... 

Right now the gnomes should be surrounded and slowly being pushed by our troops. They will put up a fight and most of them shall perish there, but as you said, the shaman is the problem. If he break's the encirclement that he is in it will create gaps in our net , gap's that we can't afford to be created."

Faik nodded as his eyes became serious." If the shaman escapes then he will certainly try to regroup with the other gnomes , and if he uses the ' Gigant Mole' escape will be easy as we can't follow them in their territory. 

So, shall we also join the battle?  Sure that the shamans will be starting to make their move."

"Of course..... my weapon isn't just for decoration, it craves blood." answered Moro as he clenched his poleaxe tightly.

"Sure , sure..... just don't accidentally swing it at me."

"Certainly.....

And so another duo set out into the forest looking for their prey. One human and one fox were looking for answer's, and on the other hand a goblin and an ork looking for their target.  One force was of caoos and the other of was looking for peace, but was that really all there was?  

5