Chapter 01 – Adapting The Present
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been weeks since the day of my awakening, from that very day, I have tracked and slain some demons that are lurking in every inch of all the dark spots that I have detected. This time, things seam to be very different each time I hunt them. It appears that even the lowest ranking demon now has a certain intelligence.

I am concern, as this matter will soon go out of hand should there are no new measure is being taken to tackle the new issue. Many more lives will be lost if I lose the means to keep this threat at bay. The most recent demon that I have hunted earlier was the testament of this change. It is capable of using modern human technology against me.

In my most recent battle with one of these new generation of demons, it somehow manages gain control of some of the vehicles around the battle ground, manipulating them into a makeshift demon pack under its control. Luckily, I manage to dispatch it with little effort due to my immense experience in demon hunting.

That incident however, did left a mark in my thoughts. What if current my methods no longer worked against them? What should I do when that moment comes. These are the questions that I am questioning myself the moment I got back from my hunt that night to my home in Tokyo.

Changing into normal clothes from my priestess outfit, which is a white kimono jacket and a midi black pleated skirt. I decided to retire for the day to get my much needed rest. Selecting a night dress, which is pink in colour, I then hopped onto my bed for a good night sleep for the day.

Many has changed since the last 200 years of my previous awakening, which is the Edo period. With the assistance of my latest persona before my awakening, I have come to learn much to adapt to the modernized culture of my world. I had to admit it, I do loved the new freedom that women in the era of my previous awakening did not have. Plus, there are more to explore in this new era that I have awaken to, such as food and fashion.

After awakening, there are many things to be done, such as blending into the society today. Picking up some skills such as hacking, I managed to forge a new identity of myself in the government database, other than that, I have also got myself several documents that will be the proof of my identity and my qualifications.

I am now known as Hashimoto Natsumi, owner of a cafe in Mizuho, Tokyo. Acquiring a small business for me is a small matter, as I have some treasures and jewelry that I could bargain with pawnbrokers for some money. Added with skills and knowledge that I have accumulated throughout my existence, recovering these valuable personal possessions of mine from them through repayments is just child's play.

A new day soon starts off with my alarm ringing, I got up from my bed to wash up and refresh myself. Opening my closet to choose the clothing that I will wear for the day, I decided that the colour theme today will be full blue.

To be honest, shopping for ladies underwear is an embarrassing and necessary experience to gain. With ignorance, I nearly brought myself some bras that are unsuitable for my bosoms. Luckily for me, the shop assistant is willing to help me to find my correct size, that is 34B.

Dang it, women in the olden times had never even worn bra before. It looks troublesome, but seeing how pretty and fashionable they are and knowing that you are wearing something pretty underneath the clothing you are wearing does have its own fun. Like having something nice exclusively for yourself and no one knows it.

As for other clothing, there is little trouble for me except for a minor shopping spree I have to make. Heck, due to the fact that I was born as a guy in this life time and later transformed into a women at my awakening means I don't have any woman's clothing in my possession.

Many pieces of clothing have to be acquired, from daily wear such as shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, jackets and formal wear, such as dresses had to be obtained in order to allow me to blend into the new society that I am in now. Not forgetting at all, several traditional outfits for festival had to acquired too.

After dressing up, I got out from my room and down to my cafe. There I start making preparations to open my cafe, first by turning on all the equipment in my cafe's kitchen. While waiting for them to warm up, I decide to brew myself some coffee for breakfast.

"Good morning Mistress", a voice cute greeted me from behind.

"Oh good morning Yui", I greeted the person back. "Early as always I see".

"Just as usual ma'am" replied the young lady cheerfully as she goes off to prepare food for our hungry customers.

Soon, one by one of my employees starting to arrive for work. As the cafe mistress, I have a total of eight people under my employment. Sipping my freshly brewed coffee, I observed them with their work for a while before leaving to tend to my other businesses.

2