Prologue – Don’t Drink That Blood
77 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anton Pushkin is starving from his blood thirst after being thrown into a pit for the crime that he did not commit. It has been days he wandered the network of caves and catacombs which had become his prison, hoping to find way out and survive in order to exact revenge to the ones who did this to him. In there, minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days. The lost of sense of time was caused by the fatigue that he is experiencing, triggered from the lack of rest and starvation. Occasionally, he bit himself, drinking his own blood. But that only serve to trick his very own body that the thirst have been quench a bit from time to time.

Soon, as he no longer able to endure his ordeal. Anton collapse while walking down from a slope that is have been trekking in his search for an exit. As he rolled down like a barrel of blood, he hit the surface hard and cause an entrance to be open from the impact of his fall. Looking around the chamber that he had entered, it took him a while to realize that it is properly furnished in good order. He called just to make sure if there are either humans or vampires living there. These cries of his are not replied instead. But as the facility that he is in happen to be good order, it renewed his hope to at least find something that will sustain him from starvation and death.

The dazed vampire slowly moved from room to room, searching for something that will fill his hunger. He soon find himself into a room, where there is a vial of red liquid in a locked glass cabinet. Hoping that it is blood, he used the last of his strength without hesitation to break it open. It took him a while to get the labour done in his weakened state, but he is soon rewarded with the sound of glass breaking. Unscrewing the cap of the vial, he begin to examine the contents, hoping that it is blood and it has not dried yet. Finding that there is blood in the vial, he is overjoyed to know that he will be able to survive much longer.

Quickly as he could, he empty the contents of the vial in one shot. What Anton did not realize, that the vial contained something else other than blood. Because of his fatigue, he fail to notice the warning placed at the cabinet which informed that vial contained bio-hazard substance in it. In no time, he felt extreme pain coursing all the veins of his body. The blood that he drank contained nanomachinces, which are now working to modify its new host to have a proper environment to live. Sensing that its host is an unhealthy but a highly compatible one, it started first by reducing the body size of Anton, so that it will have more biomass to create a healthy body.

With this, Anton shrunk, losing height and having his body mass reshaped. As the nanomachines that he drank are meant for females, it begin to alter his genetic structure in preparation for the full body transformation of its host. Due to the pain of the transformation, Anton can't help but scream out the pain the he is experiencing now. These nanomachines that he had ingested took everything that made him male and in exchange gave him everything that make him female. As the progress goes on, his scream soon pitched up. Anton then fainted from all the exertion that happened to him, allowing the nanomachines to complete their work with minimal resistance.

When he, which is now a she regained consciousness, she find that she is now a female humanoid creature. As her old clothes no longer fit her, she started wondering around, looking for new clothes to cover her naked body. As she wanders, she now realized that she had somehow stumble upon a small abandon hidden lab in the catacombs. She soon managed to find a locker with some woman clothes that more or less that can match her new size. Initially a 5' 6" male vampire, she is now a 5' 2" unknown female humanoid creature. This had made her to question herself as she may still looked like a vampire, but she cannot be sure as she can't feel any blood thirst at the moment.

After some digging around for the research journals that the lab might have, she found out that she have been transformed into a spectral vampire. Where it is a kind of vampire who no longer have any weaknesses of the normal vampire. It can survive without the need to feed on blood and it can consume normal human food. Making her glad for the first time in many years as a vampire. Furthermore, spectral vampire are more superior than the normal vampire in all aspects. However, it does has is drawbacks. The constant use of its power will require her to feed on the blood of the normal vampires to sustain her abilities. Something that she look forward to do so upon exacting revenge to those who had made her life miserable.

As she close the research journal, she found a name written on it. The name Irina Slavik is the name of the writer for the research journal. Conveniently, as she is now a female spectral vampire, she decided to adopt that name as her own for her new identity. Further search of the lab produced more info about her new self, such as how to create more spectral vampires and to slay them, some provisions and the layout of the catacombs that she is trapped within. Satisfied with everything she got, she now set out to enjoy her new found freedom under the sun before going back to her former coven to settle a score with them.

2