2 – Will of The Knight
153 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm the leader of L.G.D.'s Special Inspector Group, Ch'en. Drop your weapons and stay where you are, " The blue-haired woman representing the voices of the armoured enforcers with a megaphone, Chen. 

Her red crimson eyes surveying the area within mere seconds. Trying to piece together the possible scenarios which lead to this result. Though, she only gets the gist of it. 

Glints of tens of threads flickers under the night sky. The electricity had yet to cease from sparking between the thin fabrics. In the middle of it, Blue could be seen sitting against the wall. His head bleeds a small stream of red. 

"[Fabric] break, " Blue mutters while breathing heavily as each of the threads disintegrates one by one into thin air. 

The smell of burnt flesh travels far and enters Chen's nostrils. Her eyes narrowed as she was slightly taken back— someone was killed. 

"Men, cover the whole area and bring anyone nearby here for questioning back at the Headquarters. "

The squad spread over the area almost instantly at her order. Covering each perimeter with swift formation. Armoured enforcers equipped with crossbows align their weapons towards Blue. 

On the other hand, Blue kept himself quiet in the process with his eyes looking at each crook and cranny of the place. Discomfort throbbed in his heart as he kept searching.  

The enforcers equipped with melee climbs down into the wrecked sewage with trained stance. 

"State your name-, " Chen halted her words as Blue held his injured fist in her direction. She was confused by his sudden action though, which only lasts for a moment.  

Blue with his eyes widens and sharp as an eagle focuses in Chen's direction. Showing no fear even when encircled with multiple loaded crossbows. The risks mean nothing when compared with his current intent. 

Several clothes harden around his fist as it bursts forth with zeal. Leaving behind a thick thread from his disconnected arm and soars through the air with the sound of a sharp whistle. 

Due to Blue's attack, the enforcers reacted swiftly and pulled the trigger. Rain of bolts courses the air towards him. 

Azure Warden quickly manifests with a flicker of light, sensing its owner's life in danger. Though, there were too many bolts for it to handle. Some of the bolts were deflected with a swipe of its hand, while the others impaled Blue. 

His arms, legs and shoulders were coloured in his blood. Blue suppressed his shrill and focus on the target. 

Dumbstruck, Chen grits her teeth and narrowly dodges by tilting her head. 

A crack could be heard after Blue's fist pass by her as she frowns. 

Chen looks back and saw a severed glob of living flesh that was targeting her neck. Though, it was subdued by Blue's fist. 

"It wasn't me?" Chen came to a revelation. Her mouth is slightly agape. 

Blue's fingers sharpen with clothes and pierced into the glob of flesh for a vice grip. The flesh wriggled with might but he holds on despite his new injuries. Though, it would not take long for the flesh to escape. 

"No matter the cost-, " Blue mutters and stutters due to the pain. Vomiting a handful of red liquid. 

Dipping his other hand into the sewage water, he wets his hand before grabbing the exposed electrical wire beside him, "I'll finish the job. "

He shouts from the top of his lungs as electricity shocks his entire body. With a strong will, he held onto a small piece of his mind to think straight, "[Fabric] change!!"

His t-shirt changes in colour to that of different material along with the thread connected to his flying fist. 

The electricity shots forward within the conductive thread. Injecting the jolts of shocks into the glob of flesh as it convulses in pain. 

Some of the enforcers in the squad slightly shudder at the scene. While Chen mentally winced at the thought of the electrical shock. 

After several seconds, Blue released the electrical wire. His flying fist reconnected back to his arm. Gazing at nothing but the mess he created from the previous fight. 

The remaining globs of flesh the monster was no more. Only silence filled the area as all eyes on the foolishly brave soul. 

Blue face planted to the ground with a grunt. Breathing shallowly with a vacant look. His clothes are tattered with dry stains of his blood. 

"Lady Chen, we found a heavily injured elderly in a nearby alley, " One of the enforcers reported. Carrying the homeless man by the arm with the help of another enforcer. 

"Bring him to the medic team, quick. Better treat him first before asking him questions later, " Chen replied before looking back at Blue with a complicated expression. 

Previously she thought she was being attacked but in truth, she was saved by the stranger. Mistrust is a typical thing, so she wonders if Blue had a different goal in mind. 

After all, Inspectors need to reconsider any type of possibility. 

"He doesn't deserve… to get arrested. That guy saved- my life, " The homeless man groaned while trying his best to speak through the pain. 

Chen gave in some thoughts before finding herself having difficulty thinking of the most solid reason behind Blue's action. 

Naivety is out of the question because only convictions can push a man far enough to shock himself with electricity. As well as Blue's ability or rather unique 'arts' suggests that he might be abnormal. Such thoughts ran through Chen's mind. 

"All final decisions will be made at the headquarters. Courts might be held if necessary. "

Baffled by Chen's reply, the homeless man held back his words knowing that he was dealing with the special inspectors. He was taken away to the medic team afterwards. 

"How about that young man, Lady Chen?" One of the enforcers refers to Blue. 

"Take the same approach with him as we did with the elderly. He might be the key to our current problem, " She took out a notebook and flips towards a page filled with several photos of the familiar syringe. 

6