Will You Be My North Star Chapter 1
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Once upon a time, there was a Chinese painter named Zhang Sengyou, his paintings were known far and wide for how life like they were, especially his dragons. However, legend has it that Zhang never painted the dragon's pupils. One day, he was besieged by an angry group of people who demanded he paint in the pupils. However, Zhang said he dared not, warning that the dragon might fly away. Refusing to believe him, the group pressed him to paint in the pupil. So he did. And the dragon flew away, never to be seen again."

"So, what?"

"So, I'm very much like him."

"You're worried about your stories flying away?" He laughs leaning back in his chair and spinning his pen. My eyes are drawn to it as he twirls it faster and faster, his large calloused fingers performing the tricks with surprising ease. That was actually the first thing I noticed about him, it's what drew me in and caused me to perform an idiotic act I've only seen done in soapy TV dramas just to get his number.

"Chen?"

"Yes?" I look up, meeting his dark focused gaze.

"So how does that Zhang guy relate to you?"

"Well because..." And we're back to the problem at hand. How do you explain to your straight laced, pragmatic, and realistic to a T boyfriend that you believe the characters you write about are real? I sigh. Then I look directly into Ram's eyes.

"I consider my characters real, as real as you or me."

I watch as his face slowly morphs into confusion, then worry.

"Chen, are you okay?"

"What?"

"Like do you need to go to see a psychiatrist or someth-"

I feel my face flush and my heart tighten. This is exactly what I was hoping he wouldn't say..."I'm serious!"

The crease between his brows deepens. "I know, I can see that. That's exactly why this is all the more worrying-"

"I'm not crazy!"

He sighs. "I didn't say you were but maybe-"

"Can's you try to understand me!?" I stand up, my chest is tight and my face is flushed. I knew he would react like this. I knew it, but...

Ram stands up too. "Chen you need to calm down okay-"

"Don't patronize me!"

"I'm not, I'm just saying you need to sit back down and calm yourself for a moment..." His gaze is earnest. He cares about me, I know. And he is worried. I see that but...he doesn't understand. 

"I'm going to my room." I turn around and stride away.

"Chen? Hey, Chen!" He calls after my back and I clearly hear frustration in his voice. 

I know I have an incurable habit of running away from things that don't go my way. I know it. But right now...

I reach my room and just let my body fall onto my bed. Then I grab a fluffy peach pillow, pillow, bury my face in it's fuzzy warmth, and groan low, hard, and nasally. 

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGHHHH!"

I roll around a few times in frustration before exhausting myself and just lying facedown like a dead fish. After I've slightly rejuvenated, I lift my head and peer up at the ceiling. Then I moan, 

"General, my family doesn't understand me. Even he doesn't understand me. What should I do?"

Receiving no response, I again bury my head in the fluff and groan.

0