Chapter 08
99 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strange… Although I’ve never seen creatures like them and only knew them from the books I have read, they seemed to be rather familiar in any way…..

After letting go of the goblin’s body, it fell into the ground like a falling feather.

En immediately took upon the knife in his hand, before eyeing his next target.

The knife which is in his hand, wasn’t that sharp, more like it’s a bit dull due to bloodstains painted on it.

When En found his next target, he studied his surroundings in order to not alarmed the other goblins. 

This time, the goblin was also alone like before. Although the other’s was packed in group, sometimes one or two was left to surveilled the surroundings for their own safety. After all, even if they’re together, they’re not the orc’s match.

If one were to asked En what his talent is, that would be the mind to stay calm in every situation.

After defeating his targeted goblin, none has ever showed up by it’s own again. He guessed. that perhaps the goblins nearby thought an orc launched a sneaked attack, and decided to distance themselves. If not, what else the answer would be?

En ran to the nearby empty spacious to rest. Since there was not a single soul around, he felt at ease resting. 

How long would I last here..? Staring up into the ceiling, his vision was occupied by rocky sharp ends. Although the ground was tiled, the landscape of the ceiling remained the same as an ordinary cave. Although it’s his first time inside a cave, he had a feeling that the interior of the ceiling wasn’t out of ordinary.

En heaved a sighed of relieved.. The question floating above his head right now is how many floors and dangers does this cave has?

All this time, he’s been thinking about the weird floor thing. If this was the first floor, then this must be the easiest one… En shifted his gaze towards the mysterious door. Just how strong would the second floor will be? A cold ran into his spine.

Backtracking to how did he ended up here, it was all because of the weird brick tiles. His mother never mentioned it, nor warned him about it’s existence. That is why, he was utterly worried that his parents might one day wandered far around the forest, and also end up going into the same path he had gone.

Standing up straight, flawing his dark bangs,  showing his grumpy brows, En steeled his resolved as to defeating every monster onto the floor. 

After all, there would be a day that his parents might accidentally wandered the same pathway he took. That’s why, if he were to exterminate every single monster there is, won’t that resolve the problem in his mind?

But the question for now was, how would he do it?

Just as he was thinking about it, the glass that shattered earlier came up onto his mind. The glass shattered the moment I thought something about it, Maybe I could also repair it by sending my inner thoughts.

Since he really got nothing to do right now, he didn’t wasted any time and gave it a try. Indeed, once he connected his conscious over the glass, he had a feeling deep in his heart, that it could be fixed.

After some time of painstaking thinking, sending every brain waves his head could produce, the glass momentary shook.

A second later, like it was replayed just how videos works, the pieces of the broken glass at the side gathered together in one place before appearing in front of En.

Like a brand new mirror, the mirror shone brightly. All of the sudden, words started appearing into the glass.

This time, when En looked at the content, his mouth widened agape.

Race: Unknown

User: En Ryoun

Strength: 7

Agility: 5

Constitution: 6

Mana: 0

Just what is this content. Confused, En had no idea into what kind of thing those numbers represent. Although he could guess a bit of the content, he had no idea what those numbers meant. After all, the world at their times has no games unlike the modern towns.

En guessed what those strength supposed to be, and finally came up with a theory… Strength represent his vital strength, Agility represent his speed, and lastly constitution was about his physique. Despite that, at the end of the day, all of it is just a guessed. None of it has a proof to be called truth, in short those guesses were just theories he made up.

Among the other things he was mostly confused, there was this race which has the word “unknown”. Probably, the glass thing just doesn’t recognize nor know what he is, so it couldn’t described his race onto the glass. Still, it struck him with great curiousity…

En tried putting away the glass by thinking for it to disappear. Although he held short hope like last time, this time he was immediately delighted when he saw that the glass vanished like it never appeared before.

After all, such a huge glass was a hindrance if he was in the midst of battle. He couldn’t afford it to be always in his field of view.

When En thought that it should appeared, like a shadow creeping out, the glass shone brightly before appearing in front of him.

Now that his problems were all resolved, he immediately put the glass away and thought of a plan how he would get the other goblins.

Since they were just like a barbarian, fighting using instinct without thinking much, they were the hardest one to predict. After all, unexpected attacks were plausible for them, that’s why he decided not to underestimate them.

But since their performance was the same as a child could do, they were the easiest to defeat. En was thankful that their built wasn’t as huge as the orc or else he would be really doomed. 

Frontal attack was also dangerous, after all he wasn’t trained to fight. He’s already thankful enough that his physique grown due to the harsh life he had on the woods just to be able to have a meal.

1