Chapter 07
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like a tidal wave approaching a town, the goblins cloaked in blood thirst charged over with knives in their hands.

En turned a few steps, backing away. However, by the time he realized it, it was already too late. 

A goblin was already in front to him…

Through his chest, a knife was flying over. En immediately ducked down, hugging his head.

With a knife in it’s hand, the goblin failed to penetrate his chest with it’s knife. The goblin failed to control it’s body, before passing through En and falling into the side.

En stared at the eyes of the goblin…

In his whole life, he had never fought anyone nor trained to fight one. 

En was thrown into panicked. His heart beating so fast that he felt strange, such a thing he had never felt before. 

However, the fact that he’s a novice fighter doesn’t change…

Despair lurked out from his eyes, as his body trembled in horror.

Immediately, En turned his feet’s to run, in attempt to escape.

But that doesn’t meant he was finally safe from danger… The four goblin that was altogether with the other one continued charging without any sign of fear.

En glanced around every corner, and soon found a sharp stick at the side. Without hesitation, he jumped over to run forward towards the direction of the sharp stick. 

Although the goblins was a bit puzzled, they didn’t minded what he was doing, and continued with their pursuit. 

After a while, En finally see the figure of the stick getting close to him. Although it was false hope, he’s still hoping he could use it for self defense.

Shrung!

Before En could react, a knife stabbed into his waist, and slowed him down. When he shifted his gaze into his back, he saw a goblin retracting his hand after throwing it’s weapon towards him.

En didn’t take the privilege time, and immediately pulled out the knife. Blood gushed out from his waist, but the situation doesn’t let him worry about a single wound. 

En gritted his teeth, and forced his lumped heavily weighted body to move. No matter what, I must take that stick… Only a single thought was running into his mind.

Soon, afterwards En managed to get closed a few inches away from the sharp stick. En didn’t wasted even a second and immediately took the stick in his hand.

Holding the sharp stick with both of his hand, En turned his body and faced the goblins head on. 

The goblins continued charging forward, wanting to ripped him apart…

After they’re starting to get closer from him, En firmed his pose and put on a stance. He didn’t planned on letting them attacked first, that’s why instead of staying at his foot, En embarked forward with a sharp stick in his hand.

Four versus one. Although the goblins were like a child figure, since they were holding a dangerous weapon and was as fast as a children, it immediately alarmed him about the incoming danger.

“Like I though, I can’t do this!!” The stance he was firming was immediately broken when he saw how terrifying the creatures was, En didn’t hesitated and turned his tails, instead of fighting.  

Although he had a confident he could take on a single one, En didn’t planned on risking his life on the line.

Such as, he’d rather run till they became exhausted and give up chasing after him.

After half an hour of running, exhaustion started to heating up in his body. His legs that were light was now as heavy as a boulder.

When En took a glance at his back, he suddenly felt relieved came out from his heart. The thorn that was pinning him down was finally gone.

Goblins that were chasing after him, couldn’t be seen anymore. It appears that they had given up for the time being.

Catching his breath, En looked around his surroundings. Strangely, from the outside, the cave seemed small, but now that he saw it from inside, it was really vast, like a large farmland.

Although he had secured his safety for now, the day after won’t be the same. That’s why without wasting even a second, En scouted his surroundings trying to find a safe place to stay, but to no vail. Although the cave was vast in land, there was goblin everywhere. Thankfully he was far away, or else one or another would have been chasing after him again.

After some thought, En decided to rested button into the black tiled ground.

Although he decided to rested for a bit, he didn’t let his guard down and continued surveilling the surroundings with his eagle like eyes.

As time passed. He had finally had known the whole area just from scouting. From afar, he had only seen two kind of creatures. One was a goblin whose body dyed in green, and the other was a bigger one which the legends prefer as orcs. Mighty creatures resting axes into their necks, from their looks alone could one sent to shiver.

Other than that, there was nothing special, except the biggest suspicious one. In the center of the cave, there was a huge door cloaked in mystery. Although it’s color was a bit of gray, the unease feeling it gave doesn’t falter. 

En guessed that it was a doorway to an another floor. After all, the moment he entered earlier, there was a “floor 1” described into the glass that shattered earlier.

Was that possibly, a safe place? En thought about for a second, and wanted to give it a try. Regardless of that, his memory seemed to turned vivid as he remembered something. 

En shook his head into thought of it. If this is the first floor, surely the one leading next would be much dangerous… Therefore, I should be able to defeat the strongest in here before entering the second floor. However, no matter how he thought about it, there’s no way he can defeat something that huge.

En tightened his gripped into the sharp stick, as he stared into a single goblin roaming around. The goblin was all alone drooling in hunger, but En didn’t take the initiative to charge over. 

Maybe if he could defeat that fellow and steal it’s weapon, there’s a possibility he could slit the throat of the huge orc.

En sneaked to the side, concealing his footsteps… He moved forward towards the scouting goblin, and slowly emerged by his side. Like a professional assassin, En grabbed the head of the goblin before concealing it’s mouth in order to prevent others from coming to him, afterwards struck the sharp stick to it’s neck. His flesh ran rampant before gushing everywhere…

The goblin fought for a few minutes before losing conscious….

2