Chapter 24 – Serving As Captain
1.8k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who want to read ahead upto 15 chapters please support me and go to:

w.w.w.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m/abyssalmonarch

THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT TIERS IN PATREON WHICH ALLOW YOU TO READ AHEAD UPTO BY 5 CHAPTERS. SELECTING A TIER WILL GIVE YOU THE CORRESPONDING BENEFITS:

Tier 1 : Genin = 5 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Teir 2: Chunin = 10 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Tier 3: Jonin = 15 chapters ahead of all other platforms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ('Line break')

Makoto Uchiha soon came to Uchiha Fugaku's residence.

Since he had been here several times, he was already familiar with the way, he went straight to the study in the backyard without the need for someone to lead him.

When he came to the entrance of the study, he felt that there were many people inside besides Uchiha Fugaku, but he did not deign to check exactly how many people there were.

"Lord Fugaku, Makoto Uchiha is here to report." An Uchiha came to the door and informed him.

"Come in." Uchiha Fugaku's calm voice came from the study.

"Yes." Makoto Uchiha opened the door and was taken aback. Although he knew there were a lot of people inside, he did not expect so many people.

He saw Uchiha Fugaku sitting in the main seat with five rows of Ninjas standing in front of him, each row had six people.

Makoto Uchiha walked to the middle of the first column and saw some familiar faces, including the Chunin Ninja who was here when he was promoted.

Makoto Uchiha naturally walked in front of everyone, apart from one Uchiha who was a Chunin, the other present Uchiha Clan Members were wearing a Ninja Vest, he came to the forefront of the gathered members because he held the highest-ranking among them.

"Makoto, you are here." Uchiha Fugaku nodded to Makoto Uchiha, and then said:

"Since everyone is here, I will begin. The reason you all were called is that Hidden Rock has sent a large army into the territory of the Land of Grass with ill intentions, most probably, they will attack the Land of Fire.

On behalf of the Uchiha Clan, you all will be the Vanguard and lead the other Konoha Ninja who will be deployed alongside you all."

"Since Hidden Rock has dared to provoke Konoha, we will respond in kind, we will show them the might of the Uchiha Clan!"

"Yes! We suffered such a big loss in the Hidden Mist Battlefield but didn't gain many combat exploits. This time we must make due to our losses and earn merit from the Hidden Rock Ninja!"

As soon as Uchiha Fugaku's voice fell, someone suddenly yelled.

Hearing what was yelled, Uchiha Fugaku frowned and looked at Makoto Uchiha, who was calm in front of the present Ninja, he then stretched out his hand and pressed down, indicating silence.

He went on to say: "Except for the Jonin in the Clan, most of them have Missions. Most of the current Jonin, have been deployed to the Hidden Mist Battlefield to provide support a month ago.

Currently, only Makoto and a few others can be sent out by the Clan while still ensuring the Clan can operate.

However, the rest of you are all elites among Chunin, if 3 of you work together, you can even take on a Jonin from Hidden Rock.

Let the Ninjas of Hidden Rock feel the strength of the Uchiha Clan! "

"Don't worry, Lord Fugaku!"

"A mere Hidden Rock is nothing!"

"We will strike terror into the hearts of the enemy!"

Those Uchiha teenagers who were standing in rows who had never been to the battlefield were full of excitement, dreaming of being able to establish merits on the battlefield and becoming the heroes of Konoha that everyone admired.

Most of the older people who have been on the battlefield are calmer and know the cruelty of war.

Uchiha Fugaku's next sentence stunned everyone.

"I look forward to your contributions, but this time the Team also needs someone to lead. Now I appoint Makoto Uchiha as the Team leader. Makoto, I hope you will lead the Team well."

Although Makoto was a Jonin, Uchiha Soren was also recently promoted from Special Jonin to Jonin and his reputation in the Clan is much greater than that of Makoto Uchiha.

"Yes! Lord Fugaku!" Although Makoto Uchiha hadn't thought about being the Team leader, Makoto Uchiha was certainly ready. Though he was taken aback for a while and then he reacted and saluted respectfully.

It's just that a discordant voice came out immediately.

"Master Fugaku! Senior Soren is obviously more suitable to be the Captain. I am not convinced that Makoto Uchiha is worthy to be the Captain!"

Hearing the objection, Makoto Uchiha looked back, and his eyes suddenly showed playfulness.

Unexpectedly, it turned out to be Uchiha Shotai, this guy who held an 'old grudge' with him was also in the Team.

Shotai Uchiha might have thought that the current situation is the same as half a year ago.

He probably believes that he can still rely on his eldest brother Uchiha Taichi to be forbearing and reckless among the elite of the Clan.

Hearing someone taking the lead in opposing the decision, other voices also rose, opposing Uchiha Makoto’s position as Team Leader.

"Lord Fugaku, we also hope that a strong Ninja will lead us. Makoto Uchiha is not as strong as Soren!" An Uchiha who is closely related to Uchiha Soren spoke out.

Immediately afterwards, Uchiha Kazuhiko also echoed: "I hope Lord Fugaku will think again. I think Soren is more suitable for being Captain!"

Uchiha Fugaku frowned as he watched more and more opposition from the Team as these three took the lead.

Taichi Uchiha belongs to his Team, but he did not expect Taichi's younger brother to openly contradict him.

As for Uchiha Kazuhiko and Uchiha Shingetsu, the grandson of the first elder and the granddaughter of the third elder respectively, these two elders often disagree with him.

"I support Captain Makoto!" A firm voice suddenly came from the rear of the Team.

Makoto Uchiha then noticed that Ryosuke Uchiha was standing at the back of the line.

Seeing this, he smiled at Uchiha Ryosuke and nodded, indicating that he did not need to worry.

Uchiha Fugaku said: "Makoto's strength has been recognized by Minato, and he has been following and training with Minato in recent months. Even White Fang's son, Kakashi Hatake is not his opponent.

Moreover, after his promotion to Jonin, less than half a year after, he had already completed 1 S-Class Mission and 6 A-Class Missions. I think he is the right person to be the Captain! Also, this is an order! It is not a discussion with you. Do you have anything else to say? "

As soon as they heard Minato’s name, most of the people opposing the decision shut their mouths.

It is naturally not a small thing to be recognised by the Yellow Flash, Minato Namikaze.

And Hatake Kakashi's reputation is much louder than Uchiha Soren’s.

In many cases, as long as they can reference someone’s strength, the opposition would decrease.

As one of the parties involved, Uchiha Soren did not comment, but he clenched fists with his hands behind his back.

"Since there is no objection, then pack your bags and set off at noon!" Uchiha Fugaku said solemnly.

He was able to shut everyone up just now with his status as the Patriarch, but the Uchiha are a proud Clan with proud members, everyone present is an elite who has at least one Tomoe. Under pressure, they will inevitably be dissatisfied.

And Uchiha Soren's reputation in the Clan is greater than Uchiha Makoto's, so If conflicts break out during the Mission, that will be the big problem.

As for Makoto Uchiha as the Captain, it was indeed because he was valued by Minato.

Uchiha Fugaku had a good personal relationship with Minato Namikaze, and both of them held a high evaluation of Makoto Uchiha in private.

Coupled with Makoto Uchiha's performance in previous Missions, Uchiha Fugaku felt that he was the most suitable candidate to lead the Team.

"Yes! Lord Fugaku!"

Everyone said in unison.

Seeing Uchiha Fugaku gave him a look, Makoto Uchiha nodded and turned around and said:

"It's currently 10:00, everyone will gather at Konoha Gate before noon!

You have two hours to pack your bags and get ready to set off, since we will be rushing, don’t bring too much!

I don't care if you accept me or not, but I hope everyone can cooperate and survive the next war.

No one wants their loved ones to attend their funeral in grief. I will do my best to bring you back. Now go and prepare. "

"Yes!"

A powerful Chakra pressure burst out of Makoto Uchiha's body, and everyone was shocked by the oppressive aura.

Uchiha Soren who felt Uchiha Makoto's powerful Chakra, his face suddenly changed, this guy who was the tail of a crane half a year ago had now surpassed him.

He gave off a coercive aura he only felt from Elite of the Clan, it made him feel very uncomfortable.

As for Uchiha Shotai, he lowered his head and his face was cloudy.

Seeing Uchiha Makoto's performance, Uchiha Fugaku was very satisfied.

It's useless to say anything else, after all, the Uchiha Clan obeys the strong.

 

 

39