Ch40. Flesh
237 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
How well do I write horror? (Commenting the specifics help even more)
  • Great Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Good Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Ok Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Needs work Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Why don't you go jump off the bridge with the other illiterate bastards Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 31

I stumbled backward in fear, only barely able to keep myself on my feet. I should have known that once a beast such as this set my eyes on me, I was doomed to a morbid end. A rough rasping pierced my ears as I saw its torn lips lift to reveal sharp teeth before it began to growl. The shadows around it began to twist and congeal until additional heads began to form. I began to back away again, faster this time, but before I rounded the corner behind me, I began to hear a word from within the deep continuous rasping. “RUN,” it said, and run I did.
POV shift---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a smile on my lips, I watched the peculiar man stumble into a full sprint. But no matter how fast he can run I would always be close; there was already a curse latched onto his very soul. There’s a very good reason for not making eye contact with monsters, the eyes are the windows to the soul after all. It's nothing much, it’ll just scare him every now and then with paranoia and visons. Killing him will not give me the information I was looking for and his soul was not strong enough to withstand the pressure of a soul search. But a simple curse on the other hand will drive him to seek help. A common trick, but effective nonetheless. Instead of eating the little rabbit, scare it a bit and let it lead you to its den.

I let the two shadow dogs give chase while I went on to what I came here for in the first place. The pestilence has had enough time to weaken the target, I can feel its aura lessening, now it’s time to move in for the kill. I slinked through the halls, blipping in and out of existence, fading through walls and floors. Passing through wards by using the holes the pestilence created as it fed on its magic structure. Until finally I came upon the last major ward, and it was just as disappointing as all the others. And like all the others it was rendered swiss cheese by the greedy parasites. I needed to stop by the girl first before I began a fight that is likely to bring most of this facility to the ground.

I reached through the blessing and located the girl in a very unfortunate place, almost right beside my target. Oh well, I should be able to get her out of there with no problem. Concealing my presence even further I temporarily partially fused into the spirit world. I moved fast and erratically, closing the distance quickly but not consistently to prevent any unknown magic arrays to pinpoint my location. With one last hop, I was at my destination, a smallish stone brick room filled with runes. In the middle of this runic setup was the girl on a smooth stone altar. She looked pretty battered up with many cuts and pieces of flesh missing but nothing a little magic can't fix. I was careful not to step too heavily increase there were some good old traditional traps and smashed the girl's binding before tossing her into the spirit realm for a one-way trip to my territory.

A small smile cracked to life as rolled my shoulders causing the slight popping of my bones. All this fortification and preparations for attacks and sieges that may never come has made me hungry for a fight. And what better opponent than that of a flesh sentry.

3rd Person (because I’m too lazy to do it in the first person)----------------------------------------------------
A mass of flesh, sinew, and gore rumbled slightly as various chains crawled along its non-defined body, causing barbs of an unknown metal to sink into its grotesque flesh. With a heave, the chains gathered its flesh into a mockery of the human torso. Something has encroached onto its territory and has dared to harm its beautiful visage. Many strange and unrecognizable parasites have infested its mass and would not leave no matter how much necromantic energy it pulsed through its false veins. Though it seemingly worked at first it returned with double the force, instead of killing the strange beings it was instead feeding them. Not only that but its measly servants have all died, now who will feed it.

IT will feed IT as it has always done. They had told it that they would always give it food in exchange for it to stay put but now they have failed it. It was a benevolent being, giving them some of its magic now and then as a reward which they accepted happily but now they have failed it, and that was unforgivable. IT was a god after all and what does a god need with useless servants. With one rage-filled motion, it smashed the puny wall that made up its home and went to grab the delicious morsel that its servants have been feeding it.

But to its dismay, its food was gone. Who would dare? A large bloodshot eye emerged from its makeshift hand and looked around for its food but found nothing, so it slammed an arm through another wall in fury. Who dares defy a god? It chanted in its mind. But before its hissy fit could really take off it saw a figure in front of its majestic mass, its puny form dwarfed by its immense size. It pulled its upper body to the figure and leaned in to inspect it. Had food come to it? It must be in awe of IT’s power and came to become a part of it. It happily went to slam a massive arm down to its willing sacrifice but found that its arm began to fall apart before it could even connect. Enraged at the failure of its own body it went to strike again but it found that its sacrifice was missing. It stopped in confusion before wantonly destroying its surroundings in annoyance, it seems like nothing was going it's way.

A/N- Please, if you have the time, leave a like, comment, follow, and rate.  It really does help me out tremendously 

13