Spring III – Chris’s POV
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November Chris's POV

"So when did you start liking me?" We're lying side by side under one of the library tables. She's playing with my curls, making teenie tiny braids. I was originally scrolling through memes on my phone but upon hearing her question I pause.

"So, when was it?"

I put my phone down and roll over to face her.

"It was..."

January

"Chris!" I look up from my code. It's Grace. As she leans towards me, a blue lock of her shoulder length hair curls out from behind her ear and for a second I'm tempted to push it back. I blink and remove my gaze from her hair, meeting her eyes curved in that familiar smile.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you love me?" Familiar smile, familiar question, I heave a sigh.

"Yeah."

"Then go grab my essay off the printer please!" I knew it. I drag myself out of my seat, walk three steps to the printer, and grab her two sheets.

"Here."

"Thank you! Love you!" She opens her arms and, as usual, I bend down for a hug.

"You're so much better than Damien! He won't give me a hug even though..."

"Even though...?" Her face alights and her lips stretch out into a wide smile.

"He asked me out to winter formal!!!"

"...what?"

"Well, you know how I liked him but then all that stuff happened and we decided to stay friends?"

"...yeah?"

"Well he asked me out to winter formal! So I guess we might not be friends anymore!"

"If you say so." I turn back to my code, but for some reason it just looks like a bunch of disjointed symbols swimming around the page. I look up at Grace. She's softly humming while doing something with her stylus, maybe drawing? I guess if she's going with him to winter formal, they'll soon be dating and...But then, what about me?

Back To Present - November

"No way! All the way from January???"

"Yup."

"What about the guy you met at the convention?"

"I just thought he was cute. I guess I actually liked you."

"Awwwww!" She leans towards me and we hug. In the process a stray curl unfurls from behind her ear. I reach out and push it back. She looked up at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." I say with a smile.

0