Chapter 10: Illness end.
256 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack POV 

While I, Smith, and Smith's superiors we made their way to the analytical lab.

I asked a question that had tormented me since we left the conference room.

(Jack Holder): Miss Lena despite your explanations, there are still things that I do not understand, if the mana makes evolved without made mutating then how do you explain that the lion you showed us on the screen has clear traces of genetic mutation.

(Lena): This is because the mutation improves or deteriorates the genes of an already existing species while the evolution that mana causes simply changes the species of the person who is affected, so if the lion that the screen showed is different it is because it is not a lion.

Miss Lena explained to me.

(Jack Holder): So you're telling me that all creatures hit by mana will evolve into another species. . . . . . . . . . . Shit. . . So that means Celestina will also change species and when that happens will she still be the Celestina I know or someone else.

I say this with fear and worry, maybe my sister will be more the same after her evolution.

Damn, that really sucks.

.........

Noticing my sad look, Mr. Spellberg spoke.

(Richard): She will always be human Mr. Holder but she will move away from it, your sister will no longer be human physically but we are sure that she will always be human spiritually because after all she was born human with a human spirit.

Reassures me Mr. Spellberg and he was right Celestina was born human and it is not by changing species that the person will be completely different.

With this reassuring information in mind, I rushed to the lab.

.....................

After a few seconds of running to a lab, we finally arrived.

Third POV

In a completely devastated laboratory, a little girl floated in the air while shining with a silvery light.

Everything around her was frozen including the 4 scientists who remained in the lab.

As Jack and the others entered a secure room where there was window that allowed view of the interior of the lab.


Jack then beginning to scream in surprise and horror.

(Jack Holder): What the fuck is happening to him.


Then Jack turned to face the scientists and he then proceeded to yell at him reproachfully.

(Jack Holder): You told me she was going to evolve, not that she was going to be completely frozen.


As Jack was yelling at him the scientist was stunned by the sight Celestina was showing.

Then the once quiet and calm scientist turned to Jack and with a wave of his hand signaled to Jack that he needed to calm down.

(scientist): Calm down sir, I am currently just as surprised as you because it is the first time that a subject reacts in this way during his evolution ............. It is simply magnificent, this evolution has nothing logical it is of divine origin, this girl was chosen by God Osgang, what a shame that my colleagues died without being able to attend.

Say the scientist with admiration and religious fanaticism which is very strange coming from a scientist.

.................

while 8 humans stared in awe or fear at the little ice girl.

The little ice girl was undergoing changes in her mind.

Celestina POV

Where am I ?

cold, I'm so cold.

Am I dead?

No I don't want to die because death is scary, it's so scary.

(Inhuman voice): Calm down little one, you're in your subconscious, not dead.

Said a loud and inhuman voice to me that scared me.

(Celestina): why I am here.

I ask him in a very small voice.

(inhuman voice): If you are here it is because we have a problem, your soul is about to explode.

he answers me honestly and directly.

(Celestina): WHAT !!!!! My soul is going to explode, no, no, no, I want ... I don't want to die ... UWAAAA.

I started to cry and her crying one started really exasperated the inhuman voice.

(inhuman voice): Oh shut up, you're breaking my ears.

The inhuman voice cried at me and this made me stop crying for fear of pissing off the inhuman voice over.

(Celestina): Sniff ...... sniff ... so why, why I'm going to die.

I ask her as I was trying with difficulty to hold back my tears.

(inhuman voice): If you're going to die, it's because I fucked up, I gave you way too much mana and your soul couldn't take it.

He told me in a voice that sounded sorry but with that scary voice, it was hard to know if he wanted to do fear or if he was really sorry.

Putting aside that his voice was scary, he had said something else like the cause of my imminent death which was mana, it seems he was wrong in the quantity of mana injected to a girl of 9 years.

As I tried to understand the context in which I was going to die, I noticed that a word escaped me.

(Celestina): What is mana, sir?

I ask him because I didn't know what the word "mana" meant.

But luckily for me the inhuman voice knew it.

(inhuman voice): Mana is an etheric energy sealed and created by my father at the very beginning of existence that my sister and I released in small amounts into your world to make it more interesting.

I was speechless at this announcement but I still tried to say something.

(Celestina): You and your sister have .........

But as I was about to speak, the inhuman voice cut me off.

(inhuman voice): Shut up little one, we don't have time to answer your questions, we have to deal with your explosion problem first.

(Celestina): Ok sir ....... Yes sir.

I respond quickly and respectfully.

(Inhuman voice): Alright, if you want to survive you have to absorb a high potential soul which will increase your mana storage capacity and so it will stabilize your soul.

After the inhuman voice finished speaking, 4 whitish ball appeared in front of me.

(Inhuman voice): Here are powerful souls that I have improved just for you and each of them will give you a different ability, now choose the ones you want.

The inhuman voice informed me then I went to the four souls and I looked at them to try to analyze them.

As I tried to check the qualities of the 4 souls so that I could choose the best one, the inhuman voice was heard again.

(inhuman voice): Oh little one don't waste your time checking the quality of this souls because you can't do it so just choose a soul at random.

After listening to him, I was about to choose one of his souls when all of a sudden I had an idea, if I could not help myself to choose between the 4 souls then I just had to take them all.

By following my idea, I got closer to his souls and I absorbed them all four.

My action greatly surprised the inhuman voice.

(inhuman voice): What are you doing, stupid ........... you want to die.

(Celestina): No sir I don't want to die I am determined to live but to be able to accomplish my revenge, I must become stronger.

I tell him without fear.

Inhuman Voice POV

What's wrong with this little human just 5 minutes ago, she was crying because she was going to die but now her fear turned to determination, making her forget that she was terrified of death.

By chance she would not be bipolar because there is no other explanation that can justify such a change in mentality.

While I was still appalled by his actions, what I feared was happening.

Celestina POV

a few seconds passed without anything happening, I then thought that it was finished and that my fusion with the 4 souls had succeeded but my hope was crushed by a pain that tore my soul apart.

(Celestina): AAAAAAAAAAH

I cried in agony at the pain.

(inhuman voice): Tch, your eyes were bigger than your stomach, my little one.

he said with annoyance.

(inhuman voice): you had extraordinary potential, what a waste.

The inhuman voice spoke with disappointment, thinking that my death was imminent.

But suddenly his disappointment turned into surprise because at that moment there was an explosion and it was my soul that had exploded with my spiritual power in other words my mana, they spread in my subconscious like a tidal wave before condensing to form a new soul, my soul.

(inhuman voice) How did you do this, for a mortal it is simply impossible to absorb 4 souls without the soul tearing apart and disappearing, so how did a mortal and especially a mortal your age manage to do that.

Said the inhuman voice completely stunned, he really didn't expect me to survive.

Then he laughed but his laugh didn't sound like a laugh of joy, his laugh was rather terrifying like the laughter of a madman you can see on TV.

(inhuman voice): HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Yes, with you I can do it, with you I could beat Zégado once and for all and claim this planet as mine.

After he's finished laughing and regained his composure, the inhuman voice tells me.

(inhuman voice): Well now that the problem is fixed, it's time for you to go back to your world.

After the inhuman voice says this, a finger snapping sound was heard and I was kicked out of my subconscious to return to full consciousness.

Third POV 

In a completely frozen laboratory, a pretty little girl opened her eyes wide and destroyed the ice cap she had created.

Now free the little girl who was Celestina began to admire her new appearance thanks to the window that was right in front of her.

She had light blue hair and eyes, her soft skin was pale as if all heat had left her and what surprised Celestina the most was that a sapphire was stuck to her forehead.

now that his surprise has been replaced by the satisfaction of his new appearance which also grants him new powers. 

After checking her appearance, she clenched her little hands and curved her little lips upward.

In the lab Celestina smiled, but her smile was cold on the outside but inside she felt joy because now she had power.

the power to avenge her father.

End of Chapter 10.

1