Chapter Forty One: Taste of Misery
260 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“My lord, what brings you here?” her crystal blue eyes lock into his as her thin fingers flew through the pages of an old book.

“I had some business to do in the area and thought of visiting an acquaintance...” Bradley’s attention shifts to the lifeless yet luxurious room and all its expensive decor.

“Isn’t that convenient...” her pink lips display a sleek smile before her small figure rises from the chair it was resting on, “It seems you think too much lord Bradley.”

“Might my presence be troublesome my lady?” he approaches her but much to his surprise, she doesn’t move away.

“Of course not, how could the angel of the kingdom be burdensome? It is clearly nothing more than mere bliss,” her cold glare made his insides twist as an overgrowing desire began to take shape.

“A lady shouldn’t use sarcasm, it is not polite,” he charmingly smiles, “I’m sure that, being as clever as you are, you would know.”

“But would I?” her eyes travel through his body, analyzing it thoroughly, and once Bradley was about to reply, she quickly interrupts, “It seems your time is up my lord, the sun is about to set so it would be wise to...”

“Lady Ophelia, I’m sure a couple more minutes wouldn’t hurt,” he comments right before seeing her with an extremely awkward smile.

“So be it,” without overthinking the matter, she sits back down on her chair and finds herself lost in the wonders of words.

Bradley approaches and sits in the divan parallel to her, focusing all his attention on the small and weak figure before him.

‘I don’t understand...’ he found himself wondering what made Ophelia despise him to the point she forcefully placed a tall and large wall between them.

“My lady, do you, perhaps, hate me?” his sudden question made her body freeze in place as if she had been cornered.

“Hate is a powerful word my lord, I wouldn’t dare to use it lightly,” she answers him after several minutes of silence. Unlike before, Ophelia had to think straight about what she would reply, just like when one holds a terrible secret that needs to remain hidden.

“Then please enlighten me, why do you chase me away?” understanding that something was amiss, Bradley gets up and approaches the insecure girl right before kneeling in front of her, “Why do you place so much space between us?”

“My lord...” as she was about to speak, he rushes in, finding the perfect opportunity to steal a kiss from her soft lips. His left-hand caresses her cheek softly.

Ophelia’s eyes widen in surprise displaying her confusion towards the actions that had just occurred.

“Am I not enough for you?” he whispers while feeling her hot breath on top of his lips.

“That’s not...” she averts her eyes as her hands begin pushing him away, “You are to be wed to my sister lord Bradley, this is immoral.”

“Isn’t it more immoral not to follow the wishes of the heart?” she frowns while listening to his stereotypical and corny question, “What if I wouldn’t wed your sister, I... Would wed you instead.”

“My lord, that is not...” he approaches her once again.

“What if it was?” Ophelia looks away and remains quiet for a couple of seconds.

“Bradley...” the moment his name is spoken, he completely understands the reason behind her actions. Her feelings of loyalty towards her family were higher than the desires of the heart and thus, fake feelings such as disgust and coldness were displayed.

“Do you trust me...?” his lips barely touch hers as their breaths became closer.

“No...” she whispers while her pale cheeks become colored with deep pink.

“Good...” once again, his lips find their way onto hers and a feeling of lust begins to fill Bradley’s body.

‘Not enough...’ his whole mind was being consumed by a desire that had been lingering for months, a desire running deep into his veins, a desire he was no longer able to control.

He manages to slip his tongue inside Ophelia’s warm mouth as her taste began to entice his overgrowing lust. Without thinking about the consequences of his actions, he quickly places his hands on her legs, making them lock behind him before pulling her upwards.

Ophelia’s light grey dress was thin and somewhat cheap, not something a noblewoman would wear but, even then, Bradley couldn’t help but find her extremely attractive.

His hands reach her butt and a shiver of excitement runs down his spine. He grabs her cheeks strongly, making her moan in pain before pushing him away.

“Brad...” as she was about to speak, her body is thrown onto the majestic bed and Bradley’s body immediately covers her.

“It’s alright,” he declares before kissing her lips again. Gently, his left-hand travels towards her torso, lifting it up swiftly while the rest of his body is focused on untying the knots on the back of the dress.

Her light blue eyes contrasted with her rosy cheeks as they focused on him, glaring lustfully.

Ophelia’s breathing was uneven and, every time Bradley touched her body, she gasped for air.

‘I always knew...’ deep down he knew that this girl was always acting though, acting like she didn’t care, acting like she was better.

Part of him thought that this had been her way to show her affection, her way to gain his heart, her way to get him all to herself.

Bradley’s hands travel to the bottom of the bed and grab the dress before lifting it slowly. A beautiful pale and perfect sculpture of a body is unraveled, making the ecstasy in his body increase.

“Ah...” he chuckles lightly at the sight of such beauty.

His mouth begins kissing her neck right before traveling to her extremely balanced chest. The light pink nipples were as appetizing as two big strawberries while her jade skin made him want to swallow her whole.

“What am I to do with you...” he mumbles while approaching her lips once again.

‘You drive me insane... Ophelia...’ his mind was completely focused on her, nothing else mattered.

Suddenly she gasps and Bradley grins. The large bulge in his brown trousers was touching her legs and, with every pulsation of it, her grip on the pearly white sheets tightened.

 “It won’t hurt...” his fingers head to her exposed womanhood and begin caressing it softly.

“We shoul...” as she was about to speak he kisses her again while penetrating one finger inside. Her body arches out of reflex and her hands grab his shoulders.

“You’re wet...” Bradley whispers to her ear, “You have been playing with yourself haven’t you?”

“I wouldn’t...!” once his fingers begin to move inside, she swallows down her words.

Ophelia’s body temperature continued to rise and so did her strength. Unexpectedly, she grabs Bradley’s shoulders, carving her nails into them as his hands continued to move repeatedly.

“It’s so warm, Ophelia,” his soft voice was like an aphrodisiac, making her moan every time it was heard.

“B-Bradley...! Something is...!” her voice was loud enough to be heard throughout the house.

“Ophelia...!” he continues to repeat the same movement inside her over and over again. Her body began to twist as it was close to reaching climax.

“I...!” she yells.

Suddenly, extremely loud sounds behind the large wooden door are heard, making him stop and consider the consequences of his actions. 

 

Bradley wakes up to the loud sound of someone knocking on the other side of the room. Feeling the dirty sweat in his body, he sits up straight and pushes his hair back while analyzing the situation thoroughly. Half of his body was covered with beige sheets, however, his fit upper body was fully exposed. His eyes travel to his lower half as he kept on feeling a pulsation hit his member repeatedly.

‘I don’t believe this... Did I really just dream about...?’ a pained chuckle leaves his lips once he understood how pitiful he had become.

Dreams were something Bradley stopped having after a certain age but now, at the pure age of nineteen years old, he found himself lustfully dreaming about a younger girl that was nothing more than a nuisance.

“You’ve got to be kidding me... Ah...!” frustrated, he punches the wall behind him as a grin appeared on his lips, “Ophelia Criswell... You drive me insane...!”

He could feel the rush of adrenaline flowing through his veins, twisting his insides as he envisioned the prideful young girl naked in front of him.

“Ophelia... I can’t wait to ruin you...” sweat dripped from his body while his body temperature continued to rise.

 

“Master, are you awake?” a male voice is heard behind the large wooden object.

“Yes, come in,” he states while letting out a sigh after calming himself down.

Aiden opens the door and enters the room, followed by a handful of servants.

Just like trained dogs, they begin to do their chores promptly, however, the smart aide noticed Bradley’s small display of instability.

“Should I bring someone master?” he questions, letting him know that the problem that had arisen could easily be solved.

“That won’t be necessary,” he gets up and heads towards the bathtub that had been filled with lukewarm water, “Any updates on the Wharton’s spy?”

“We haven’t received any contact yet,” at those words, Bradley clicks his tongue unsatisfied with the situation. A shiver runs down his spine as he feels the temperature difference between his burning body and the water.

Somehow, he had been able to place someone inside the mansion since his desire to know was bigger than his patience. He also knew that Ophelia was a wildcard and had many enemies.

‘I won’t let you...’ thinking on this matter made his frustration grow higher.

In Bradley’s eyes, Ophelia was already his even if she was still engaged to Terrel Wharton. To him, those were nothing but trivial matters, however, he couldn’t allow someone to damage what was his.

 “See to it, I want news by the end of the day,” understanding the command, Aiden quickly bows and takes his leave.

 

✽ ✼ ✽ ✼ ✽ ✼ ✽

 

「Some days later 」

 “Milady, are you sure about this?” Alphy questions me while glancing over at Millicia worriedly.

“Yes,” I promptly reply while Olivia and Ivy help me dress.

“But only taking her...! It’s very dangerous!” she proceeds to try to implement her ideals on me.

Since Millicia health has improved considerably I figured it was about time to fulfill my part of the bargain: Charlie.

Her brother was still in their house in the middle of the capital, struggling for his life or already dead. Whether the outcome was, I needed to bring closure to Millicia’s worry or a beginning to her grief and thirst for revenge.

“My decision is final,” I glare at the poor maid who gulps in fear, “Is she ready?”

“Yes milady...” understanding her defeat, Alphy finally gives up, “She’s waiting in the hall.”

I grin and get up swiftly, without paying any extra attention to the maids who were clearly displeased with my actions.

‘Not too bad...’ the dark brown dress looked muddy and my black hair was carefully tied in a high bun, making it less likely to stand out. My hands reach for the dark green cloak and without a second thought, I head downstairs.

“Be careful master,” Jade appears at the top of the stairs, wishing me farewell. I smile kindly, reassuring his worries.

His sad eyes were just showing how much he wanted to come but, for his mission to be completed, he couldn’t possibly be with me. After all, it is impossible for a human being to be in two places simultaneously.

My attention shifts to the center of the luxurious hall where Millicia was standing with some commoner clothes. Her attention traveled through the expensive decorations and her interest peaked every time a gold item was spotted.

‘It can’t be helped...’ memories of my god-forsaken “father” flow throw me.

 

Duke Criswell is a man of many traits, peculiarities if I may say so. Besides following his sick ideal of greatness, stomping on everyone else besides himself, he also worshiped the saying of “what the eye can’t see, can’t hurt the heart”.

Fearing the servants would succumb to the greed of gold and wealth as he once did, he would lock all his precious possessions on his own part of the mansion. The majority of the maids were never called to serve the Duke and thus, the Wharton’s estate was nothing more but a pure daydream for someone like Millicia.

 

“Milly,” once she hears my name she quickly bows on the floor, displaying her loyalty and gratefulness, “You may rise.”

Her eyes focus on mine and I let out a polite smile before grabbing her arm softly and leaving the mansion.

 

 

The journey had been longer than usual due to heavy traffic. Carriages kept on leaving and entering the capital at an abnormal rate. It seemed as if the day I had chosen had been cursed by the gods of time.

‘We’re close...’ I glance over at Millicia who was becoming more nervous by the second.

Almost an hour after leaving the carriage and walking into the depths of the noisy capital, she finally stops.

A small and extremely poor wooden house stood before me. Even from a distance, one could see the rotten wood and the ceiling that was beginning to give in. This place was in a race against time and, no matter how you saw it, it was extremely dangerous being inside.

“Is this is?” hearing my voice made her body stiffen in place.

My eyes wander to her hands who were shaking slightly and then to her eyes filled with tears ready to fall.

It was understandable. This fear of the truth was something I knew all too well. I’m sure that in her head she has imagined all the possible scenarios: an extremely sick boy, a decaying corpse, or pure emptiness.

“Millicia, don’t regret it,” I place my hand on her shoulder before giving her a slight push, delivering the courage that had been lingering in the back of her heart.

She runs towards a dark wooden door without a second thought and I quietly follow.

7