Ch. 5 Sebastian #2 – The play begins
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: The following chapter contains strong language and violence

____________________

"Ahhh I'm beat." - Sebastian said as he walked down the stairs from his room.

He was staying at the Golden Cup inn right in the heart of the Demon Kingdom capital city Curseborn.

"That damn Dracula." - He muttered.

"I'm losing my mind because of him. His voice keeps appearing in my head. I need some fresh air."

The sun was shining brightly. Curseborn was lively as ever.

"That's bright.- Sebastian thought to himself.

The truth is vampires are creatures of the night. They much more prefer night over day. That is also the case for Sebastian.

Hit by the brightness of the sun he went to a darker alley.

"Finally I am away from that blinding light." - He said walking through the very dark alley.

"Is that so."

"Hehehehehe."

"Well good for you."

- 3 voices emerged from the darkness.   

"What do you want?" - Sebastian said annoyed.

"Hey there calm down buddy." - One of the voices replied.

3 humanoid shapes came out of the darkness. All 3 looking like thugs. 1 with an eyepatch and another with a big scar on his arm. In their hands a dagger for each.

"We don't want to hurt you. Just give us your gold." - One of the thugs said.

"Look here buddy, I'm not having a great fucking day. I'm giving you 3 a chance to get lost while you still can." - Sebastian said starting to get enraged.

"Huh? Wha the fuck are you talking about kid."

"Hahahaha do you hear this guy." - They replied.

"We were generous enough to spare his life then he thinks he's hot stuff." - One of the thugs said.

"Shut the fuck up."

"What?"

"I said shut up!" - Sebastian repeated.

"You're dead meat kid." - A thug named Bomir said leaping forward to Sebastian.

With his dagger he swung towards him. He slashed his arm in half. Blood was spewing everywhere. The next slash went for his leg. Sebastian fell to the floor in agony and pain. And finally one last slash to the neck. He dropped dead on the floor with his head separated from his body.

Bomir spit on his dead body and looted his gold. The 3 thugs happily walked away. Back into the darkness of the alley. Sebastian's body was left decapitated on the floor.

- Or that's how it was supposed to happen.

"So why is your head on the ground Bomir!?" - One of the thugs shouted devastated.

"What the fuck happened?! What kind of trick did you pull you bastard! I'm gonna kill you!" - As the thug before he charged towards Sebastian.

As he swung his dagger suddenly his head parted ways with his body. Now 2 heads were on the floor.

"Ahhhhh!" - The remaining thug screamed in fear.

"Monster! Get away from me! NO!" - He cried out in fear and devastation of what he just witnessed.

Sebastian on the other hand coldly and emotionless walked towards him. His eyes radiated a scarlet glow. The one walking right now was not Sebastian but something else entirely. A familiar sense of doom enveloped him as he slowly regained composure.

"SPARE ME PLEASE!" - The thug shouted. One final time.

As the shout echoed through the alley Sebastian came back to his senses.

"Wha-at am I doing?" - He asked confused.

Looking around he found 2 dead thugs on the floor.

"Did I k-kill them? That can't be! Hey you, tell me what happened." - He asked the thug.

But before he realised it the thug ran away.

"He's gone..."

"I need to empty my head. I'm going for a walk."

He started walking to leave this dark and blood-drenched alley. The light in the distance grew bigger and bigger and finally, he saw light again.

"Have you made preparations for the Blood Moon Festival yet?"

"Yeah, me and my wife are preparing a surprise for the kids."

- Sebastian overheard people talking about the upcoming festival.

He silently kept walking trying to calm down.

"That will be 200 sir."

"Here you go."

"thank you for your patronage sir! Come back again!"

"Mom! I want the blue one! Mom please!"

"Ok ok calm down."

"Yay! Thank you mom!"

- Many voices could be heard. But seems like Sebastian heard the one just for him.

"Anyone up for helping with preparations for the festival? We need an extra pair of hands." - Old man said.

"Hey you!" - He called.

"Me?" - Sebastian replied surprised.

"Yeah you youngun. Care to help with the preparations? You will get paid well."

"You know what, to hell with it. I needed to cool myself off anyway." - Sebastian thought to himself.

"Sure old man what can I help with."

"Ohh thank you youngun. Can you help out setting that stand over there." - The old man replied happily.

"Ok. On it." - Sebastian replied and went to the stand that needed help.

"Hello there!"

"Oh Hello young man. You came to help?" - The man working asked.

"That's right."

"Care to lift this up?"

"Ok."

"Are you excited about the Blood Moon Festival?" - The man asked.

"Yeah. Lots of tasty food to eat and liquor to drink."

"Oh you are right about the liqour. Hahaha!"

"Hahahaha!"

- The 2 of them laughed together.

"I'm feeling much better after this. I'm glad I accepted the job." - Sebastian thought to himself.

But it would seem his thought was interrupted.

"We should hit them while they don't expect it! Those filthy humans! I lost both my father and grandfather in the war. I will have my revenge!"

"I understand your pain Ruderik! The royalty has gotten weak. They are missing a perfect chance to deal a finishing blow! For revenge!"

"Well said Nomeril! For revenge!"

"Oh Those manbabies... There's no helping them." - The man working said.

"You think so?" - Sebastian asked.

"There is no good in revenge. Only more pain and hatred. Nothing comes good out of it. Sadly there are many more people with the same thought as them. The number is increasing every day. The royalty should strike with an iron fist and make those people get a grip."

"The humans huh." - Sebastian thought.

.

.

.

.

"Your Majesty, the people are starting to protest. I believe we should take measures to prevent further conflict." - A voice could be heard through the room.

"Hmm, go on." - King Dante said.

"Yes, your Majesty, I believe we should publicly execute everyone who protests. That way we will show our authority as the royalty."

Noises of approval and agreement could be heard across the royal council. It seems like the vampire royalty came to an agreement. All but the one most important.

"WHAT!?" - A loud shout pierced through the hall.

"I will never allow that!" - The demon king said furiously.

"But your Maje-"

"I won't allow it!" - Dante shouted once again.

"I will never harm my people. I understand them. I know that they want to take revenge for the lost loved ones against the humans. But we are now living in a time of peace. There are no more wars with the Human Kingdom. Too much demon blood was shed." - Demon king said with mixed emotions.

"Your Majesty why should we allow those commoners to question our authority. We are the royalty. They should quietly kneel down and be thankful."

The council of the vampire royalty has agreed once more.

"You... You are all royalty. You should protect the people not harm them!" - King Dante said fumed at the words of his own kin.

"Protect them? We are pure vampires. We are the descendants of Dracula. They should wait in line to die for us."

"The words that you speak are only the truth."

"That's right."

More royalty voiced their approval.

"You... You have all gone mad. This meeting ends now. Go rest and reflect on your actions. You may go." - Dante said disappointed.

"Your Majes-"

"I said you may go!" - His Majesty said for the last time.

The royalty tried to calm him down but to no good. They got out of their seats and headed to the doors.

"Haughh." - Dante sighed.

"Their bloodline got to their head. Publicly execute the people? After all the demon bloodshed and lost lives..."

"We need to prepare for the Blood Moon Festival to cheer up the people. I will make sure it goes perfectly." - He said determinedly.

.

.

.

"Lilith." - Young demoness heard a voice in her head.

"Yes, Master!" - She replied.

"The Plan is advancing perfectly. It is going exactly as you planned master. Truly to be able to serve you gives me the deepest of joy." - Lilith said full of excitement.

"Good."

____________________

Hi! Once again guys. This was a pretty exciting chapter to write. Finally, we find a little about Sebastian's power and a lil mystery at the end :0 I am much more excited for what's about to come :))

Click that star icon :> and I hope you enjoyed the chapter cya soon!

- Drippy

- Drippy

0