Prologue
143 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I hate working in the sun, don't you Joe?"

"It gets pretty damn hot, and my name still isn't Joe."

"Well Joe, I think Joe suits you best."

"How so?"

"You just look like a J-"

Before the man could finish his sentence, he slid off the black waterproof paper he was putting roofing tiles on.

"WHOOOOOOOOOOA!" the man yelled as he tried to run up the paper, but the smooth print with the manufacturers name his feet were under, supplied no help. As the man kept clawing to get traction, he yelled "I'm sorry Jack!" 

Jack could only stand in shock and fear, as his boss fell off the ledge.

As the man kept falling, he grabbed the gutter. Time seemed to slow as he kept struggling. As he gripped the warm, sharp metal, his hands bled and the gutter straps gave way. He brought the gutter down with him, and as he turned his head to see what was under him, he knew he was gonna die. But, he would try anyways. He saw the rebar just barely under him, he knew if he deflected off the retainer wall he could land on the grass.

As he moved toward the wall, he bumped his butt to the wall, and he landed on his hip.

His subcontractors rushed over, Jack asked from above "Do you need anything?"

"A shot of Crown from the bottle in my glovebox."

Then only the adrenaline from shock kept him awake. But not for long. 

Spoiler

This is based on what happened to my good friend Stacy. He fell off a 35 foot roof and should have died, but he will soon be walking again. I didn't really know how to start one of these, so I thought this would be good.

[collapse]
0