3. Safe room
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edited to provide a summary for those that decided to skip Chapter 2

The thick, iron-bound oaken door slammed shut behind us, and several heavy steel bolts slid home. By the moonlight shining through a heavily barred window, I could see the inside of the door was covered with gouges and claw marks. Some had old bloodstains. The irony of the name didn't escape me. This safe room wasn't a refuge in a home invasion or tornado. They lock up deranged wolves to keep the rest of the pack safe. The kind Cerry would likely become if I failed. I shuddered at the thought. If the pack took her, she'd probably spend all her full moons in here. 

I set Cerry down on the stained, ragged mattress in the corner. It wasn't really a bed, but at least it wasn't the cold stone floor. I sat next to her and pulled her onto my lap. She was still in the grips of her panic attack, rocking back and forth muttering "Dogs! Dogs!" over and over.

Our work trip to Rochester wasn't exactly going as per plan.  Forced off the interstate by a bad crash, we struck a werewolf on a back road.  I was knocked unconscious when the pack captured us, and awoke to see Vivian inducting John to the wolf pack by raping him.  It was too late for John, but I managed to convince her to let me give Cerry a choice.  This angered the male wolf named Matt, who was going to change her.  She was in no shape to consent, so that would be rape, too.

I had dilemma. Long ago, I swore an oath to myself that I'd only change someone with their informed consent, unlike the way I was. She couldn't consent during a panic attack, but I couldn't just let Matt violate her! Would doing it myself be the lesser evil?  I hoped I wouldn't have to make that choice.  I had to get her to calm down.

I started murmuring into her ear. “Hey, I got you. No dogs in here.” I'm a bit embarrassed by how long it took me to realize the answer. Her cats were her babies. What's more calming than a purring kitty? I held her close and purred softly as I spoke. It seemed to help, so I increased the volume.

It took a while, but she finally settled. The scent of her panic never completely went away, but it did ebb. The angle of the moonlight from the window told me it had been a few hours before she finally calmed down enough to sit up and look around. In a shaky voice, she asked, "Are the dogs gone? Where are we? Where's John?" And, "Did you hear a cat?"

I pulled her close, kissed her forehead gently, and said, "It's okay. Well, it's far from okay, but it could be worse." I took a breath. "Cerry, we're being held prisoner. By werewolves." She made a scoffing noise. "Yes, they are real. Very, very real. John is on his way to becoming one of them." I paused for a breath. "I couldn't save him, but I made a deal with them for you. The bad news is, you're not leaving this room as a human. The good news is you have a choice. Let me turn you, or they will, probably by force like they did to John"

"Turn me into what?" Her voice was skeptical.

"A cat.  I'm werefolk, but not a wolf.  I'm a cougar."

"So, you're telling me we're captives of mythical creatures, you're a different mythical creature, and I have to choose between you and them." Her tone dripped with sarcasm and disbelief. "You expect me to believe that if you bite me, I'll magically turn into a cougar? Extraordinary claims require..."

"Extraordinary proof, I know."

I took her hand and pulled it, palm up, into the moonlight. I let go, and placed my hand in her palm. A moment's concentration, and my fingernails lengthened into sharp, hooked claws. Tough but supple pads formed under my knuckles and the middle joint of my fingers. Tawny fur covered the rest and up into my sleeve. With a quick indrawn breath, she caressed my fur, prodded my pads, and gently ran fingertips over the points of my claws.

"Is this real?" she asked. "Am I dreaming? Drugged?"

I set her down on the mattress, kicked off my shoes, pulled off my socks and stood in the moonlight from the window. Facing her, I unbuttoned my shirt, took it off and dropped it on the mattress. I could tell she liked what she saw. I'm not muscle-bound by any means, but I am fit and toned. After unbuckling my belt and opening my fly, I hooked my thumbs over the waistbands of my pants and briefs and pushed them down to my ankles, changing as I did. I pulled my hind paws out of my pants and padded over to her on all fours. Her astonishment was plain on her face. I head-butted her a few times, then touched my muzzle to her nose.

Smiling with amazement, she reached up and tentatively touched my long whiskers, then the fur on my cheek. "Oh. My. God," she said. "You're real! You're fuckin' real! She started scratching behind my ears with both hands. I couldn't help myself. I started purring. It's the best part of being one of the lesser cats. Lions, tigers, jaguars and leopards get the press, but they can't purr. We can't roar, but a snarl is almost as good, and purring is fun.

Cerry laughed out loud with delight. "That was you I heard!" she exclaimed. I had the wrong mouth shape to talk now, so I nodded yes. "So, I'll be able to change and purr and all this, too?" I nodded yes again.

She put her hand in front of my face and said, “Go ahead. Bite me”

I half-changed so I could talk. I took her hand in mine, placed it on my cheek, then kissed the hollow of her palm. “I'd rather not. That's uncivilized and not really that effective. I’d have to get my saliva into a major artery or vein. It’s not worth the risk.”

“Then how…?”

“Remember that day I told you to stop flirting with me? That was probably the hardest thing I’ve had to do since becoming a cougar. Part of me wanted to drag you into the conference room, lock the doors, and bend you over the table.”

“I would have let you.”

“I know. And the next full moon, you’d be sprouting fur. I couldn’t do that to you without your consent.”

“I would have given it.”

“But what if you didn’t? I couldn't get your consent without telling you, and if I t didn't say yes, I risked having to force it on you.  That would be too much like rape.  I couldn’t take that risk.”  I paused and put my other hand on her cheek, then slid it under her hair to the back of her neck. “What I’m trying to say is, if you still want me, I’m yours.”

"Oh, reeeally?" She said with a smile as she stood up. She unzipped her dress and slowly let it drop to the ground. Her bra and panties soon followed, and she stood in front of me wearing just thigh-highs and kitten-heeled boots. The scent of her damp nethers tickled my nose.

I dropped my jaw a little and pulled up my upper lip, so her scent could reach the special receptors in the roof of my mouth. Yes, she was damp. Wet, even. Doing it with a cougar was a turn on for her? If that was her kink, I was the luckiest cat in the world.

She cupped her pussy with one hand, then pushed two fingers inside herself. She reached out and rubbed her damp fingers on my muzzle. The smell was intoxicating.  Blood rushed to my crotch and I was fully engorged almost instantly. Although I was in halfway into cat form, I kept my cock mostly human for two reasons. To be honest, we felines just aren't well hung. Even lions are lacking in the package. Second, I didn't want to hurt her. We have barbed, spiky penises. I wanted to please her, not leave her a bloody mess down there.

She turned her back to me and knelt on the mattress, then dropped to all fours. With a come-hither look over her shoulder, she spread her knees apart, fully exposing that wonderfully-scented moistness.

My feline brain wanted to jump her, but I paused. I was genuinely fond of this woman. I didn't want to fuck her. Well, yes, I did, but I wanted to make love to her. I mean, I may be an animal, but I'm not an animal.

I moved up alongside her, licked her on the nose, and rolled her onto her back. I stepped over her and licked her nose again. I rubbed my cheeks against hers.

"Scent making me, claiming me as yours?" she asked. I nodded yes.

I slowly started working my way down her body, licking and kissing and revelling in the subtle variations in her scent in the crook of her neck, her shoulder, the valley of her cleavage. I gently licked her breast, spiraling into the center.

Her aureole was hard by the time I got to it. It had an intoxicating scent of its own. I gently sucked her nipple into my mouth, pressed my tongue against it, and purred. She yelped, so I did it again on the other side. She meeped again, not as loudly. I had lost the element of surprise, but her noises told me I was doing something right. I switched off between them until she was gasping for breath.

I work my way down her stomach, licking and purring as I went. I groomed her pussy hair, then pushed my snout between her legs and inhaled the aroma. She giggled as my whiskers brushed the inside of her thighs. "Stop that! It tickles!" I didn't stop. Instead, I licked her folds softly, afraid my tongue might be too abrasive. I gently worked my tongue inside her, then upwards until I felt her button. I took a deep breath, and let it out with a loud purr. Yeah that worked. I did it again. The noises she made! It wasn't long before she was moaning and writhing. I started lapping her clit like I was drinking water, tap-tap-tapping with my tongue. I kept it up, purring, licking and sucking, careful of my sharp teeth and rough tongue, until with a loud moan, she clamped her thighs around my head. The pulse in the big arteries in her legs pounded in my ears. She grabbed me behind the ears and held me still until the tremors and her heartbeat subsided.

She let me go, and rolled back onto all fours. With a sultry look over her shoulder, she said, “Take me, turn me, I’m yours!” With a pounce I covered her. I gently nipped her neck between my fangs, and dropped my hips to enter her.

Aaaand... I missed.

Pussy pussies are farther back than a woman's, just below the bung. It was kind of embarrassing. I was glad my fur covered my red face. Before I could try again, she reached between her legs and grasped my cock. After a few strokes with her hand, she said, “Where are your barbs? I want to feel them inside me.”

“I didn't want to hurt you,” I said as I shifted the member in question. She pulled me down and forward and guided me inside her. Fuck! I thought. She actually wants this? Cock barbs and all?

I started pumping into her. I had not had sex with a human woman since I was changed, so I was a bit worried that I'd do it wrong. I wanted it to feel good for her. It must have; she was soon moaning again. Or maybe it was her hypothetical cat fetish.

She moved with me, pushing back into my thrusts to take me fully inside herself, moaning with each one. The loudness and pitch increased until she yelped and I felt her contracting around me. That took me over the edge. I gave her the fluids that would keep her safe from the wolves, and hopefully not wreck her life. She collapsed onto the mattress with me on top of her.

After a minute. I started the change back to human. She felt my body shifting against her, and rolled over. "Don't change," she said. "I like you like this."

Still inside her, I rolled us over onto our sides, with my body between her and the cold wall. I pulled her close, nuzzled her ear and purred.

She nestled into my belly fur and said, "Mmm. I'm going to ask you to stop that. Sometime around three in the afternoon, I think."

"Our presentation is at two," I replied.

"Fuck the presentation!" She said.

"I'd rather fuck you again. Besides, how do you fuck a Powerpoint file?" That made her chuckle. Yeah, there was the woman I had wanted to love for two years, but couldn't.

There was a knock on the door. The bolts slid back, and as the door opened, I put my arm across Cerry's breasts and draped my tail over her privates. Emily looked in and chuckled. Surprisingly, she was fully human, and fully nude.

She looked at my arm and tail and smiled.  "You're such a gentleman. Anyway, now that that's done, you two can come upstairs and sleep in the guest room if you want. It has a real bed, pillows, blankets, and all that." She looked at me and said, "Could you stay like that, so the pack can see you and smell you and know you really are a cougar?"

We gathered our things. Cerry threw her dress over her head. I hooked a thumb claw into the hole in the end of the zipper pull, and pulled it up for her.

The basement stairs of the old house were steep enough that Emily's butt was even with my nose. A trail of wolfy lust musk wafted behind her. Cerry probably couldn't smell it, but I could tell Em had probably wanked to the sounds of our passion.

“Like what you see, tomcat?” Emily asked.

“Yeah, puppy,” I replied, “but I like this, better.” I wrapped my arm around Cerry and pulled her close. She laid her head on my shoulder and made a happy sound.

I'd have to tell Cerry about the different customs among shapeshifters.  Clothing, as Emily showed, is optional.  With our better hearing and smell, privacy had a different meaning.  Emotional and physical states are obvious to anyone downwind, and everyone knows who's doing who. We really can't hide it.

Even though the heavy for, Emily must have heard most of we did, and could plainly smell the scents of our passion. Shifter society only works if we can put aside our jealousies and feel happy for people that share each other's bodies. Not all of us can.

The first floor was littered with puppy piles. Some were just cuddling. Others smelled of sex. Cerry shuddered and buried her face in my shoulder. Golden eyes followed us, well mostly me, to the front stairs. Emily led us upstairs to a back bedroom, motioned us in, and followed us. Moonlight flooding the room through the lace curtains showedva four-poster queen bed. Our bags had been brought in from Cerry's car. Emily opened the door on the left, and said "The bathroom is in here. My bedroom shares it, so just knock if you need anything. Otherwise, I'll see you two lovecats in the morning." She closed the door behind her and disappeared.

2