8. A Few Small Repairs
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We pulled into the pack's barnyard to find Ralph leaning against his towtruck.  I caught a glimpse of Cerry's car on the far side of it.  We parked, got out, and walked over to him.  He smiled, and said, "I've managed to make a few small repairs to get it drivable.  Let me know what you think."

Cerry furrowed her brow as we walked around the truck.  Vivian pulled Ralph aside, whispering hoarsely, "You were supposed to completely fix it, not just make it drivable!"

He replied, "I did what I could with the time I had, ma'am."

"Well, it had better be enough!"

The car was immaculate.  It gleamed in the light from the low sun.  All the panels lined up.  The trim was perfect, and it looked like it had been professionally waxed.  

Cerry's frown turned upside down, then she put on a straight face, walked over to Ralph, and said, "it'll have to do, I suppose," while winking her right eye, the one away from Vivian.  

Vivian stormed around the  truck, stopped dead in her tracks, and glared at Ralph. Cerry chuckled and Ralph smiled.  "I hope you don't mind used parts," he said.  I was lucky enough to find the same model car that had been rear-ended by a truck.  I bought the parts from them.  If you want, I'll get new parts, paint them, and I'll put them on when you can drop it off for a week."

Cerry said that should be fine.  She opened the door, popped the hood and looked behind the grill for damage.  Everything must have been okay, since she closed it, went back to open the trunk.

We were about to retrieve our belongings from Vivian's car, when I heard Ralph say, "Don't do it, kid!"

Vivian added, "You saw how fast he took down Emily!

A male voice growled, "He caught her by surprise.  And she's a girl!  That won't happen to me!"

"Oh, no," I said to myself, and slowly turned around. 

Matt, the wolf that was going to force the change on Cerry until I intervened, shook off Ralph's grip and thundered up to me.

"You!  You took her away from me!  She was supposed to be mine!  I challenge you!"

1