Full Access
448 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That was a great moment, stuck with a raging Mother, sending her own Daughter to her Room. Not even letting her Explain the situation from her perspective. Oh well, guess that is a fraction of the price I'll pay for success.

Considering that the War is still raging a few thousand kilometres away from here, the City of Berlin is quite a lovely place. People are smiling, kids are playing, no one seems to have a bother in the world about the Fire Storm that is spreading. Thanks to some brave souls that gave their everything, for nothing.

Where the heck is this Clinic? That's a shop and that is a Barbershop... Time to use my Ma- Nevermind I don't even have access to that. Just now I remember that they took my AI away back then, nothing I could've done in my State.
The Message only describes the Place, nothing exact. If this is a Riddle, I'll be stuck outside for quite some time.

Maybe I should ask someone...
- Excuse me, do you know if there is a Clinic nearby? | Perhaps a good idea to ask an Elderly Woman
- You mean Doctor Zuckermann, you can find that Clinic right behind you Young Man. | Wow, I am dumb or perhaps just tired..both?
- Thank you a lot Miss, take care. | Waving her off I make my way towards the pointed-out Clinic.

Pushing the door to enter, the bell above me Rings. Oh my, what a busty lady is sitting here...
- Guten Tag, I've come here regarding a message I got.
- Hmm? Oh my! What a handsome specimen I've got here. | Ugh, common flattery doesn't work on me.
- Show me the message, perhaps we can help you. | Why does she sound so... unsure?
She Gasps for air after reading the message. How interesting...
- You're Dan Natsumi?!
- Easy there Lady, I've got no idea what you're talking about. | What the fuck happened since I was in Hospital?
- Please go to the back area, ignore all the Boxes, there just medication.
- Thanks Miss -- Oh! One more thing, be careful what you say back there. | Damn it! What shit did I step in?

Proceeding to the Backside, immediately noticing the Crates... I am tempted to look inside, but that is none of my Business.
Eh? Another Door? Alright, let me just knock. Woah! She almost hit me with the Door!
- Are you Dan Natsumi?  
- Careful with that Door!
- Yes or no Kid? You're just another lurker?
- Lurker? No, I am Dan Natsumi.
- Get inside. | Guess I'll comply.

Without even making a step she just drags me in, Oh Damn... that's a big fucking Tank.
- How do you like it? That is the latest development in the Leopard series. | Wait what?!
- What Model is it? It's not a Leo 2... -- It's the famed Leopard 3A6
My excitement is reaching whole other levels! How am I so lucky?
- Wanna sync with it? | Damn, she's cute and even has a nice physique.

- How? The Chip can't be accessed.
That is a weird cable she holds. It seems like a new Type, haven't seen one of them before.
- Listen carefully, after your accident you've got another Chance. I know what you want, you will achieve it with your current Body. | Wa-wait hold it really quick, current Body?

- You're currently a proud owner of the newest type and even model of Titanium Augmentation. | Oh wow... must've been a pretty solid hit on my Tank then.
- If you want more info, plug this cable into your left arm. | Alright, guess this is just like in the Video Games
- Imagine opening the Cover with your Mind. | Cover opening with my Mind... aha.

Ha! It actually works... It looks like I got a USB hub built into my lower left arm. I shouldn't really be laughing at it... Let's just plug it in.
- Sit on that chair and relax... this will probably be hard for you to read but bear with it. | Why does she sound like she pities me?

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED LOADING NEURAL INTERFACE
ACCESS GRANTED TO CHIP
...........
> ERROR: LENS NOT FOUND

That seems bad, 
- You don't have lenses?
- What are Lenses? | She shoves a paper in my face.

Lenses, an Optical interface for the AI and Human to operate together.
- Never heard of them. | I gotta say, this Woman has good looks and is also smart. 
- Here, this is a new pair. | Oh, a fancy Box.

Opening the Box there is a pair of contact lenses. The top part of the small Box says, not Vision-enhancing ONLY for MILITARY usage.
- I see what these are. | What is the Catch here Lady?
- The Catch is, you'll be getting a new Identity and new Gear including a free Tank. And other stuff. | That sounds promising!
- Guess I gotta go fight those Bastards in the East huh? | She just nods at me.

Just gotta put these Lenses on and Voila! Well, it is true what they said on the Box's top part.
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED LOADING NEURAL INTERFACE
ACCESS GRANTED TO CHIP AND LENS
> LENS - FOUND
> CHIP - CONNECTED
.....
> LOADING "Raven"
- What is Raven?
- An AI developed for the Injured to regain strength and get back into the Fight. | That's a joke... has to be.
- That's a joke. Actually, Raven is a Top-secret AI developed for the Elite Units, it has special Protocols to let you gain an Edge over the Enemy. | Wow, that is a mouthful.
- Stay like that for a few minutes, I'll monitor everything on my end.

She seems to be a Scientist, all this Equipment and the Tank? Not one Clinic on Earth would put all this effort and Money and especially Gear into one of their Patients.
> FULL ACCESS GRANTED
.....
> APPLYING USER INTERFACE
> INITIALIZING SYNAPSE CONNECTION WITH AI
> AI BOOTED - USER HEALTHY
> COMPATIBILITY CHECK
.....
> DONE

- What is this... what are these Memories..!? 

- Easy Raven, take it easy this is your new User.
This dark voice feels like another Soul is stuck in my head.
- Why did you put me in his head?! I don't need ano-- I see what happened. I'll do the checkup Frau Zuckermann.

- Wait! Frau... Zuckermann? 
- Yes Dan, I am married after all. | She flashes her Ring, seems like an expensive one at that.

- Frau Zuckermann, may I ask... why you've kept me for so long?

- Because I knew I would find someone who has the same desire as you.
Desire? If it is killing that he better buckle up.
An odd silence falls upon the Room, as I sit on the chair leaning back letting the program do all the work.

- Dan Natsumi is it? | His tone has changed.
- That is correct, nice to meet you, Raven. | I just notice that Frau Zuckermann can hear him as well, thanks to the Speakers on the walls.

The Speakers fall silent after my response, Frau Zuckermann taps her fingernails on her Desk.
- Is this your Garage, Frau Zuckermann?
- Not really, this is my clinic's backdoor if you will. Something I recently starting to use more.
- Why did you choose me?
- You were the best in your class, you've even beaten the Academies top Students multiple times. But what got me interested the most, is your Leadership and decisiveness in Combat.

So, she basically looked at my records... Aha.
- Sir, can you hear me? 
- Yeah I can. | Fuck is it weird to have a voice in your head again.
- I feel the same way, I've spent five years in development and constant stress testing. Finally being put to use, is something I dreaded until now.

Hope we can work together Raven.

18