Grand Success
70 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lunch was fantastic! I’m really proud of my Maids. Sometime I’ll give them a pay raise.

 

- Love, did Mama tell you anything about where we should go?
- Sadly, no… Your Father had no idea either. He also mentioned I should ask Lina about it.
- Oh, I see. Then shall we go over to her?
- Sure.

 

- Nii-chan, can you bring our Project as well? | Lena tweaks my Jacket.
- Sure thing. Why don’t you call it?

- Eh, call it?! Me?!
- My little Sister also has control over it. Do you know its name?
Lena plays around with her dress looking into the ground. 

 

Her vision bursts up at me.
- I know!

- Go on then.
- Unit… No… 00 - come to us. | The Elevator goes down immediately.

 

Seconds later, a dark-black humanoid figure steps out of the Lift.
- Unit No.00 - Ready for Combat.

 

Lena shines with joy.
- Onii-chan, that’s so cool!
- Glad you like it.
My beloved walks over to us.
- Shall we go, you two?
- Lead the way.

 

Unit 00 - Cloak.

 

The Sisters don’t notice the figure behind them vanishing into thin air, I wonder if it as quiet as Raven is.
Though it’s wrong to compare a over 60 Tonne Armored Fighting Vehicle with an Humanoid Machine that weights less then 800kg, I estimate.


We arrive at the door to Lina’s office. I can hear voices from inside… That’s Mikhail and his Wife laughing.
- Ready, Dan, Lena?
- Yup~!
- Sure thing, Katya.

Opening the door, we surprise the Wine-drinking Parents. They stare at us, unsuspecting our presence.

 

- Girls? When did you come over?
- Papa, we didn’t receive any information regarding Mama’s Testing of our Project, so we decided to visit.

 

- Yes, I was a bit hesitant about the Location. But now, I am certain of it. Mikhail…

Her Husband brings out his Phone.


> Message - received
> Content(s) - Coordinates | Raven, show me the location.

 

> Locations: Kreznov Industries Test Site | Oh… I see how it is.

- Understood. Want to meet there?

 

Lina steps up.
- I’m sure the transportation of your Project is grand. We’ll meet you there, Dan. | She puts her hands on the Sister’s shoulders.
- As you say. Safe trip.

 

Sir, I suggest you insist on joining them. I feel a bad event happening next. | I don’t trust this either, hence my cold tone. But one thing I won’t do, go against Lina. | You wouldn’t hurt her by joining on their trip.

 

Their father came home, Raven. They spent most of their time with me, let them have this. | Be it as you say, Sir. 

 

The Kreznovs leave the Office and I follow them. Until the Elevator, I wave at the Sisters as they head down and continue my way over the bridge that connects the Natsumi Tower with the Kreznov Tower.

 

Passing through it, I notice the number of Flowers around the Front door of my Mother’s Office, which looks nice. I’ll let myself in.

 

My Mother talks to her head maid, Asuka.
- Master Natsumi, it’s a pleasure to see you again.
- Hi, Asuka. Good to see you back.
- Dan, what brings you here, my dear Son?

- Don’t know if Lina told you, but I and the Sisters finished our first Prototype. The Kreznov Parents want to Test it.
- Fantastic. Great work, Dan and the Sisters of course.
- Thanks. I came here to ask if you’d like to join.

Her expression is fitting.
- It’s an utter pleasure for a Mother to witness their Child’s success. I kindly accept. | Akari stands up, straightens her skirt and holds her hands in front of her.

 

- Asuka, please make ready for my departure. I will spend the afternoon with my Son.
- Everything is already prepared for your leave, Lady Natsumi. Shall accompany you two?

My Mother forms a smile and hooks into my arm proudly.

- I say yes. Son?
- It would be nice to have you with us.
- I shall prepare a small meal for you, please wait here. | She heads into the Room behind the Office.

Asuka is a nice gal, being the head maid means a lot is expected of her.
- How do you find her?
- Asuka?
- Exactly. | Akair lets go of my arm and steps behind her Desk.

- She has that noble side to her and the posture is befitting her rank in here. A reliable and kind Maid.
- My my~... I’m impressed by my Son’s vocabulary.
- Mom… Not funny…

 

Akari lets out a small laugh.

Asuka returns with a basket, a wine-like bottle stick out the top.
- I’ve prepared a meal fitting for your Status. This Maid will now follow you. | Cold and emotionless she is.
- Dan, lead the way. | I turn around and walk ahead.

 

Raven, transport the Panzermensch with your CU. We’ll meet at the Coordinates. | Understood, Sir. Moving out. 

 

Together with Mom and Asuka, we take the Lift and get outside the Tower. Thankfully it’s Friday, not too many people are inside.

 

Kreznov’s didn’t take the Car… Not that I mind.
- Here, Mom. | I open the passenger seat for her.
- Thanks, Son. | Closing it, I move over to the Maid.

- Asuka.
- Thank you kindly, Master Natsumi. | I just caught a glimpse of her smiling. 

 

I jump in the driver’s seat and put the GPS on the screen.
- Is it far, Dan?
- Not that far, thankfully. Outside of Tokyo to the North. | Speaking of North… I need to take my position as Senate Leader, urgently. Otherwise, the other Mercs will think they’re free to do whatever. 

 

 

The Testing Site is somewhere in the Woods up ahead… I’ll call Lina.
> Calling: Lina
> Call - answered
- Yes, Dan?
- We’re nearby, where exactly is it.
- I’ll step out so you can see me. | From the bushes to my right, up the small hill, a woman waves at us.
- Got it.
> Call - ended

 

- Dan, did you call Lina?
- Yeah.
- How, I didn’t see you use your Phone?
- I don’t have one anymore. Accidentally sat on it during… that time.
- You used your Chip to call her.
- Correct. It’s the first thing I learned about myself after the accident. I can call people without using a phone or move my mouth.

 

Lina goes back into the Treeline, our Car barely fits through. I can hear the branches scrape the Roof.

Behind this thick Treeline rests an Oasis… A field with flowers and bees, birds chirping and completely hidden from the outside. Is this really a Testing Site.

 

The Ladies with me get out of the Car. Akari and Lina exchange hugs and proceed to the Pickup Truck.
I pull the brake and jump out. Feels good to stretch again!

 

- Nii-chan~! | Lena runs towards me without a worry. Thankfully she hits my stomach, not my chest.
- Hey~... did you miss me?
- Of course, I did!
Katya elegantly joins.
- Welcome, Dear. | She pulls my head for a kiss.
- That’s a nice welcome.

 

Mikhail ruins the moment for us.
- Dan, I see no trace of your Project. | Oh, he got a change of clothes. While Lina is still in her Dress.
- It’s here. Very close by. | Raven, send it.

 

The Sisters pull me into the Field. Flowers stretch far and the Bees are working hard.

 

- Does this remind you of something, Love? | Kind of…
- When we were kids…
- Yup. You showed me a very similar sight, I loved it. It was so nice that every day after school I dragged you here.
- And I didn’t mind at all. | How time passed… As if it only was yesterday.

 

- Let’s go back and Test it.
- Yeah… | This place gives me nostalgia, very much so.
The Sisters jump onto the Pickup’s open backside and playfully throw their feet back and forth.

 

The Mothers stand beside each other, a mighty sight to behold.
Mikhail looks around the field like a hunter searching for Wildlife. Seems like he just gave up.

 

Sir, the Panzermensch is ready. It’s beside the Sisters. | Understood, thanks.

 

- Mikhail, can we start?
- Sure thing. Where’s your Project? | I point at the Truck.
- Walk around the right side of your Pickup.
- Hah, I bet there’s nothing even he--Bong

 

The Air seemingly blocked him from going further. Mikhail falls onto the Ground and stares into the Space he couldn’t walkthrough.

 

Unit 00 - Decloak.

 

Black matter materializes in front of everyone’s eyes. Mikhail crawls backwards with panic written on his face.
- What the hell is this?!
- Relax, Mikhail. That’s just our Project.

 

- Mikhail Kreznov, Father of… Katya and Lena. Sisters safety… very questionable. | Ouch… if a machine tells you that your own Daughters are not safe around you, someone’s doing something very wrong.

 

Lina’s frozen in place, I’ll try and comfort her.
- What do you think?
- Th-That thing… I didn’t think it’ll be this… Goodness. | She covers her mouth, looking away.
- One’s gotta do what one’s gotta do, right?
- D-Don’t take this lightly, do you know how afraid I am. 

 

Akari puts her hands on Lina’s shoulders.
- Lina, my Son wouldn’t hurt anyone. Only if that someone dares to think of hurting one of us.
- Y-Yeah… I just… Goodness, gracious.
- Asuka, give her some water, please.

 

The Maid hands Lina a bottle.
- Please drink up, Miss Kreznov. | Miss?
- Thank you, Maid. | Asuka’s face isn’t happy. It’s one of disgust and hatred… Damn…

 

- Asuka can I get one too, please.
- Here you go, dear Master. | She smiles warmly as I take a sip. Asuka seems to hate Lina in one way or another.

 

Mikhail moves over to his Truck and opens a large Case.
- Dan, my wife and I have decided to put your Project under a simple, yet effective, Test.
- That would be? | He spins around, waving a large Rifle around.

 

- This is a 14mm AT Rifle. | In Semi-Auto.. Damn.
- Haven’t seen that at all.
- It’s a Prototype and we decided to test it out as well.
- So you crudely want to shoot my only Prototype?

- Yup, my Wife has decided this. | Lina… 

 

Fine then… This might prove as a horrible practice. But, I trust my Mother’s work.
- Can you put your Machine further away, about 500 metres?
Unit 00 - Move 500 metres away from me in that direction.

 

The Panzermensch moves to the designated point and looks my way, hands behind his back.
- We only have one magazine with 4 rounds. If it holds, you get some extra funding. If not, you’ll be back to square one.

- Alright, go for it. | The Sisters turn and watch excitedly as the event develops.

 

Mikhail places the Rifle down and quickly hands out ear protection to everyone. He runs back to the Rifle, lies down and takes aim.

 

Bang! - Ding!

 

The round just fell on the ground. I can’t see a dent, let me get closer. 

- And?
- Nothing…! | Holy shit… My Mom is a genius.
Silence comes from the Kreznov Parents. My Katya sits proudly observing the success, with Lena excitedly watching.

 

I look around on the ground, maybe I find the bullet… Can you see it, Raven? | Negative, Sir. The Panzermensch can not find it either. | It probably just flew further off. 

 

Quickly I head back and await the next shot.

 

Bang! - Pring!

 

Running to the Panzermensch. The bullet bounced off the Chest plating.
- Did it go through?
- Nope. It bounced.
Mikhail drops his Head, Lina is steadily watching, captivated.

Back in safety, I look at my Mother. Brilliantly smiling, fits her very well. Asuka holds the basket in front of her while grinning happily.

 

- Last two shots, Dan. So far, so good.
- Go on then. 

 

Bang! - Thunk!

 

This time… The Face shield ate it. The bullet even got stuck in it. Fantastic!
- What happened?
- It got stuck in the Shield. | He looks at the Rifle with concern.
- Last one then…

 

Bang! - Shreek!

Mikhail and I run to the Machine curious what that sound was.
- Incredible…
While he’s stuck in thought, I carefully analyze the impact mark. 

- The Bullet shattered! | Most impressively, it’s the Face of our Creation. Right between the eyes, without a dent, it shattered it.
- My Goodness…

 

He returns to his Wife, completely defeated. The Panzermensch follows me back.

 

The Sisters jump on me with joy.
- We did it, Onii!
- We actually did it, Dan! We made it!

- Indeed, we did. It’s thanks to our Combined effort. | This makes them happier. I hug them back and savour the sweet taste of victory.

I hear the Kreznov Parents ramble in the background. Looking behind me, my Mother and Asuka are beside us.
- Mother?
- I’m so proud of you, Dan. Splendid work. | Words I… never thought of hearing again.

- Thanks, Mother.
- Congratulations, Master Natsumi. Excellent results. | I nod at her.

 

Lina and Mikhail finished rambling.
- Dan, Katya and Lena. After witnessing your Project’s Success today, I put the Ownership of the Third Tower in your hands. | Lina looks over to Akari.

-I share the same feelings with Lina. An excellent Success, you three. You now own the Tower. Free of charge.

 

I feel the warmth of joy radiate from the Sisters. My heart can finally relax, after weeks, months and years of stress, worry and overthinking.

 

- Daughters, I’m sad to say… But your Mother and I need to head back to the Office.
- That’s fine, we know how much you have to work.
Lina rushes a hug.
- My dear little Girls, I’m proud of you~!. Dan, you’re still responsible for their safety. Don’t you dare let harm get to them.
- We won’t let it happen.

 

- Who is “we”?

Raven, show them.

 

I feel the presence of a far greater Beast than the current iteration of the Panzermensch.
Anxiety breaks in, the Kreznovs don’t seem to trust the Natsumi heir. Foolish choice.
- As expected of the one my daughter chose. Very well, we shall depart.
- Take care, Mama, Papa!
- You too, Love you!

Mikhail doesn’t seem to care much for organizing their belongings. It’s bad for your things to get damaged or break because you didn’t take care of them. 

 

- Lady Natsumi, now that the young Master has succeeded in his Trials. Shall we celebrate? | Asuka holds her hand over the basket.
- Please lay it out.
- As you command. | She hid a blanket in there?!

- Girls, as you probably know. My Son appreciates you by his side more than anything else he has.
- We know that. We both treasure that. The simple safety he gives us each day is wonderful. | Katya grips my hand, squeezing it tightly.

- Happy to hear that. Now, please rest here. | Mom points at the large Blanket Asuka had in her Basket. She spread it on the grounds and slowly sets every bit of food she brought on it.

 

Picnic after a huge success? I’m all in. 

 

I cross my legs and grab a sandwich.

 

Slap!

 

Withdrawing my hand, I look at Asuka.
- It’s not befitting for a Man of your Power and influence to simply grab food.
- Asuka, what do you mean to say? | She looks to my left.
- You have my permission.
- Katya?
I see a sandwich under my nose, Asuka is holding it. Her eyes are full of anticipation.

 

- Dan, you will be a great Man in the near future. Being served by his Assistants is a thing you should get used to.
- Misstress Kreznov is right, Master. I always wanted to feed my superior.

 

- Eh… I’m not a baby.
- Please eat plenty, Master. Everything is made freshly for your consumption. | Unsure here if I should be afraid or glad.

 

Biting the sandwich, its flavour explodes in my mouth.
- My Goodness… it’s great.
- Master Natsumi liked it! I’m so happy! | She indeed is.

 

- Asuka, I’m glad my Mother has a reliable, responsible and strong-minded Head Maid.
- Thank you very much, Master. Please remember that I’m at your service, just say the word. | She bows deeply.
- No need for that. Enjoy the view and relax.
- I’ll try… | Got her with that one.

 

My Wife sets her Hand over mine.
- I love you, Dan.
- Love you too, Katya. | I should relax and enjoy the view as well… and the company of everyone.

 

Finally, Akari opens the Wine bottle with Asuka serving the Glasses. When everyone’s ready, the Glasses are lifted and clashed together.

- Thank you Asuka for being beside me for this long.
- It’s an incredible honour to serve your Family, Lady Natsumi.

 

- Katya and Lena for being by my Son’s side.
- He looks out for us, we look out for him. We’re a family.

 

-Dan, my dear son, I expect only the finest from you.
- I won’t disappoint, Mother.

 

Once again, Glasses are cheered and food is being eaten. Yet, this Field gives one a silent moment. The voices are shut out and the beauty of Life shines. 

 

Asuka is a unique Maid, both for her skills and dedication, but also for her reliability and responsibility. What are your thoughts regarding her?

0