Settling In
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last night was a very different experience with Katya. Never have I seen her with such energy before… At some point I was scared to continue, but we kept on going until she fell asleep, as a result of the… 10th round, was it?

 

Regardless, I laid beside her until she arrived in her dreams safely. Then I proceeded to drown in thought and solutions to problems I didn’t know much of.

 

Sir, may I turn everything we’ve worked on for the past… 5 hours into a 3D digital Model? | Don’t need to, we still need to know what needs replacement and what needs to be repaired. | Very well, Sir.


I spin and look at my Wife sleep soundly, stretching over the entire bed. My sweet Silver Angel… rest all you want. You two deserve it.

 

Sir, may I share my… Uh…| Feelings? Sure, go on. | I can’t believe that you’re a Father now, not in a bad way of course. | I know, Raven. It sure is drastic change from boyfriend and girlfriend to husband and wife in just a few months.

- Mnh… Dan~...! 

Looking at her Face, she wakes up with her husband in direct sight.
- Morning, Katya. | I kneel beside the bed. Her hand reaches out for my face.
- Are you awake for long?

- Kind of, didn’t mean to stay this long but… you know how I am. | Katya smiles warmly.

 

- Did your Parents call you yesterday?
- No call, no SMS, no nothing.
- What a show…
- Don’t let your head hang, Dan… | Katya lift my chin.
- I thought, they’d atleast message you or Lena… This is just… Dumb.

- I don’t care about our Parents too much, Dan. We can stay on our own feet since long ago.
- But still… It’s…

- Does our little one care about them?
- N-No…
- Let’s make our time together valuable, even if our Parents don’t agree.

 

- Wait… Don’t your Parents agree to us living together?
- They do, obviously. But I tried to tell them about us moving out to that House… They dismissed it as a dream, nothing that could come to reality.

 

- They really don’t care do they… | My hands form fists, anger rushes to my brain, threatening to overtake my judgement.
- Don’t get mad, we’ll move there without their approval.

 

- Did they say why?
- Too far away from the City, and if I give birth… it shouldn’t be in a… “Run-down Town”.
- I can’t believe it… denying their own Daughters’ Wish…
- Dan, I’m sure our Baby will love it there. So please, don’t give up.
- Hehe… That’s not in my DNA.

 

Katya stretches her arms up, her legs stretch sideways and finally, she stands up.
- Go make some Coffee, Dan. I’ll wake our little Puppy.
- Preem. | Together we leave my Room and turn to our respective ways.

 

I rest two Two Mugs underneath the Coffee Machine and press the button.

Grabbing the cup, I set them on the Table and return behind the Counter to prepare food.

 

They’re probably sick of Toast, so… Cereal it is.
I grab three bowls from the Cabinet to my right and the milk front the Fridge, setting them all on the Table.
Ah, forgot the Spoon! I open drawer and pick three Spoons, resting them on the Table.

 

I’ll go check on them. 

 

Slowly I open the Door and see both of them kneeling beside the Puppies.
- Look how cute this one is…
- Aw~! Look at there paws~!

- Ladies?
- Ah, morning, Nii-san, come look. | I join them in watching as the Puppies eat and drink.

Their bed looks very nice… The Cloth on the floor shields the actual floor from Puppy droppings. 

 

- Nice Home you made them, Lena.
- Thanks. But they don’t seem to like their Toys…
Katya reaches for her Sister’s hand.
- They’re still exploring their new Home, Lena. Give them some time to settle in, be nice with them and one day they’ll play with the Toys you bought them.
- Mhm, I will.
- Did you give them food, Sis?
- Yep. The reads… a handful each day.

- That’s all the food they get?
- Dan, they’re Puppies not old Wardogs like you.  | I put my head down.
- That was mean… I’m sorry.
- Don’t be, you’re right when you say that. To be honest, that food looks like it could last them a few days.

 

A Handful each day, huh? No wonder, the food is larger than them!

 

We all stand up and go for our own food, Lena leaves the door to her room open, just in case.

- Woah! Cereal?!

- Yeah… Katya, where are they?

- Cabinet above the Stove. | Katya crosses her legs, right over left. I quickly grab the Cereal Box and return.

We each pour an equal portion of Milk and Cereal.
- Lena, can you pack the Puppies for a trip after you’ve eaten?

- Are we moving to the House?! | This confirms Katya’s words earlier, they really want to live there.

 

After breakfast each of us heads to their respective Rooms and prepares.

I’m guessing the Sisters will take their Studies there as well. We have enough space for that, no issue there. 

But, the only Air conditioning in that House doesn’t work, we’ll tackle that first.

 

Knock… Knock

 

- Come in.

 

- Love, did you pack everything you need?

- Just what I need for a few hour trip.
- Change of Plans, Lena and I want to stay there. For quite some time. 

 

I feel my heart fill with joy over her words.
- Can you help me pack then?

- That’s why I’m here~! Let’s get started.

 

 

 

Katya helped me pack all my belongings and organized it herself.
- Thanks a lot for this, Katya.
- Your welcome~. Now, shall we check on Lena? | I nod at her.

 

Opening the door on Lena’s Room, we see her sleeping on the floor beside her Puppies.
- They’re so cute~...!

- Couldn’t agree more.

While Katya slowly wakes her up, I grab the Lena’s bags and leave them at the Entrance. I have two bags… Katya has three… Lena has three, plus the Puppies. Hope the Car holds together.

 

The Sisters join me, Lena holds her Puppies safely in the Box while Katya holds their Home.
- Ready, Ladies?
- Yep.
I nod at them and lift Katya’s Bags and rest them on my left shoulder. Now, I yank mine up and rest them on the right shoulder.
- Katya, can you grab Lena’s bags?
- Yeah. | They seem to be light, suitable for my Wife.
- Now give Lena the Puppies Stuff. 

- Okay, time to go.

 

Through the Door into the Elevator, the Sisters take a deep breath.
- Hot already?
- Yeah…
- I hope I can get the AC working today. Otherwise we’ll use a ventilator.

- Eh?! The AC isn’t working?! How are we supposed to study…?

 

- Don’t worry, just believe in your Onii-san and he will repair it.
- Wish It’d be that simple. Maybe it is… and I just don’t know yet.
- Regardless, Dan, you’ll make it work, I know it.
- Yeah! You can do it, Onii-chan!

 

On the Ground floor, the streets radiate enormous waves of heat. We rush to the Car, Lena and Katya get in. I place the Bags in the Trunk and get in myself.

 

Wait…
- Katya, do we have food there?
- Nope. But we can buy it.
- From the local Market?
- Yep. I also a small Shop there if we need beer or anything.

- At least you’re perceptive and look around…

- Don’t worry, you just tackle the House and we’ll take care of the Food.
- Alright, everyone ready?
- I’m ready, so are my Puppies.
- Are they still sleeping, sis?
- Sure are… So adorable.

- I’ll avoid high speeds and bumps if possible.
Starting the Engine, I switch the Gear and casually drive out of the parking space. Gradually I switch through Gears and keep it steady.

 

....

 

The First I spot, as we approach, the Massive Tree in our House’s Backyard. 

 

Katya turns to Lena, but quickly returns.
- Is she asleep?
- She is… I’ll wake her when we’re there.
- Alright. | . There’s been a Rain here recently, I get ready to switch Gears multiple times.

 

With a few swift Gear shift, we arrive up top. The Massive Tree kept the Ground around the House completely dry.
- Lena, wakey wake~...
- Ugh… A few more minutes…
- We arrived, time to get set in~...
Lena springs from her sleep, she must be excited.
- Yes! Let’s go!
- Take your Puppies and let’s go inside.

 

Katya helps Lena carry everything the Puppies need, my Wife unlocks the front door and both walk in.
I park the Car closer to the right of the entrance and start moving the Bags inside.

- Dan, Lena needs your help.
- Coming right now. | My feet rush upstairs and I quickly find Lena standing in the hallways, confused by the rooms.

 

- Lena, what’s the Problem?

- Uh… I don’t know… Which room is mine? | Silly Girl…
- Quick heads-up, the last two rooms, left and right, are the only ones with Beds and have acces to the Terrace.

Lena looks interested in the left one.
- Open the door, let’s see what’s inside. | She opens it, hesitantly.

The room has a one-person Bed to the right of the Terrace door. The rest is free space.

- Can I have this one?
Katya approaches me from behind, resting her chin on my right shoulder.
- It’s yours from now on. Keep in mind, Puppies need a lot of space so be careful where you place their Home.
- I will, thanks.

 

We smile at her and close the door as we exit.

- Dan, this one has a large Bed. Wanna see?
- Sure. | Katya opens it. The amount of free space catches my vision.

 

- We can move the Bed to the left here and… have Drawers on its old spot.
- Glad to hear you’re already thinking ahead. But I first need to get some things set up.
- Oh! Right… Could you fix the AC first, so we can Study?
- Sure thing. I’ll on the outside then.

 

Katya hugs me swiftly before entering Lena’s Room.

 

On the Outside, the Heat starts zapping my energy and motivation even… But I won’t give up. That AC will work!

 

Sir, may I suggest you leave one of the Panzermenschen to repair it? | What if someone sees it? | Oh… Pardon me, I forgot we were in a small Town. | Nothing to be sorry about, we just have to be careful of what we do. 

 

I remember there is a shack to the left of the house, maybe there’s a Ladder.

 

Around the back out of the House, I approach the Shack and open it. Decently-looking tools, Bags of fertilizers and… Ah! Ladder! Aluminum… It might bend under my weight, I’ll be careful.

 

I return to the Front of the House and place the Ladder against the Roof. Carefully, I climb it to the top. 

 

There’s the AC… This Model is older than me… I think…The Ventilator doesn’t move, I see a small dent in one of them. 

 

Carefully, I grab the thin metal cover of the AC and pull it. Placing it beside me, I step onto the Roof.
The Blade is bent inwards… I grip the base of it and gradually straighten the end of it. There, it spins now, no bad noises while doing so either.

Sir, please check the electronic to your right. | I see them… What’s all the cables for? 

 

It looks like a amateurs job… Cables are all twisted and put in the wrong ports. Of course it wont even turn on…

Okay, what’s next? | Check the pipes the run inside the House, Sir. | They’re fine, both look in good condition.
All that remains, turn it on from inside.

 

> Calling: Katya
> Call - answered

- Do you need something, Love?
Could you press the remote, please?
- Found it…. | The AC beeps and starts spinning wildly.
Turn it off. | Slowly it becomes silent.

- That wasn’t a good sound, Dan.
Yeah, I forgot the Cover.

Click

 

There we go. One more time, please.
- Dan, it works… That awful sound is gone.
Yep, thanks for the help.

- Thanks for fixing it. Come in now, it’s getting dangerously hot.

On the way.
> Call - ended

 

I quickly bring the Ladder back into the Shack and return inside the House.

The Girls are studying in the large living room. I head to Kitchen, grab the 3,5L Bottle of Water and pour each of us one Glass of Cold Water.
- Thanks, Nii-san.
- Sweet of you, Dan.

- Mhm… How’s studying?

 

- Not fun… | If both of them say it, it must be boring.
- I’ll leave you two to it.
- Don’t go outside again, Dan.

 

- Eh? But I have to check other things…
- Do the ones inside. | She’s worried about me.
- Alright, I’ll be in the Kitchen.

 

I felt a leak when I turned on the sink last time we were here. Opening the Cabinet below it. The Pipes are dripping with Water, I hastily twist them tight again. The leakage stops and now to the Water that has accumulated on the Cabinet floor.

 

To my left, there’s an old rag. I quickly wipe the Water off and throw the Rag into the Bin.

- Katya, shall I go shop to fill the Fridge?

- Not now, Dan. It’s too hot.
- I’ll be quick, promised.

- It’s still a no, Dan. Do the repairs inside the House, then you can worry about the rest.

 

There’s no way of going around her worries or words. Guess I’ll go for the Fridge next.

Holy shit it warm in here… Is it plugged in? Nope, I plug it in and it jumps to life again. Uuuh! Smart Fridge.

Next up, the Bath. 

- Katya, how are the Baths?
- The one here is okay. The Upstairs one, no Idea.
- I’ll be there then.

 

Going up the stairs, I open the Bathroom door and look around. Everything in place, Mirror, Sink, Tub, Shelf.
Returning back downstairs, my worries are put to Rest, mostly.

 

- Dan, I just checked the downstairs one again. Everything nicely put in place.
- It’s a Modern Japanese House afterall. 

- Anything else you need to check?
- Not as of now. I checked the biggest points of concern. 

 

I sit down beside the Girls.
- We’re wrapping up here.
- Don’t mean to disturb, but, we still need to buy some furniture and place it.
- Yeah… We can do that after Dinner. 

 

- Sis, how are the Puppies?
- I checked on them before coming down, they ate, drank and should still be asleep.
- Good.

 

I lean backwards onto my arms and close my eyes.

This Heat is getting to me. I don’t think we’ll be done here too soon.
- Dan, we’re done.
- What now?
- Let’s unpack our stuff and prepare for a small shopping trip.
- Yeah!
- Sounds good to me too.

 

- Lena, you’ll stay here with your Puppies.
- I know, can I give you my list as well?

- Sure, please think carefully what you need. We won’t make two trips. 

- Yep, I’ll be careful not to forget anything.

 

Katya stands up, leaving Lena to put everything Study-related aside. 

- Dan, let’s move the Bags upstairs and unpack them there. | Swiftly I grab Katya’s and My Bags and follow her.

 

In our Bedroom, I set them on the floor and watch Katya stare at the Space behind me.
- What’s up?
- We need two desks… We need so much… | I sit down beside her.
- And we’ll make it easily, Katya. | She leans her head against my Chest.
- Together... ?
- From now on and forever. | I plant a kiss on her head.

 

When the Girls are asleep, we’ll get that Senate meeting outta the way. | Agreed, Sir. But please make it quick. | Last thing I want is to be stuck there and not rest with my Wife. 

0