Prologue – Raid
116 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Warning - Warning - Shields at 15% capacity!"

"Dammit increase shields to 25% at least!"

"Core processing has taken 98% Damage, cannot increase Shields. System Shutdown in T-minus 10 seconds."

"Shit I'm going to have to switch to manual, Allocate System Power to Shields!"

This was bad. Currently my ship was being attacked by several Pirate raiders. I wasn't even that special, just a normal Mechanic. Ok that was a stretch I knew why they where here, I had decided to take a job taking weapons to the International Space Army. It was highly probable that the Imperial Army hired there thugs to take me down. Normally I would never get involved in space wars, but they offered Nanometal in exchange, I couldn't let this chance slip by! It was my mistake to try to deliver them myself though. 

The support system shut off and I had to do everything my self, which wouldn't be a problem if i wasn't being drained on power due to my engine failing. I might not make it out of this one. I could do one of two things, fight to my last breath or prepare for a boarding saving power for internal guns and traps. Not a manly way to go I might add, but I suddenly got a transmission. Turning on the screen out of breath I look up into the face of my enemy. 

The man was Silver skinned, and had a gray jewel in the middle of his forehead and a scar leading from his eye to said jewel. I now know he is an outcast of the Imperial army nothing but a cheap dog to them, why did they sick them on me? Did how did they get information I was in this sector?

"Linnaeulian, surrender or die!"

"Never, Why would I listen to a Steleno dog like you!" I cut the transmission and took a quick shot to the leading ship before the shock of my words wore off. I managed to hit them but their shields were much more powerful then mine, and it didn't damage them much. Soon on the leaders orders I watched as they started firing at me. Can this get any worse? It did, as my shields failed completely. I started doding but I couldn't dodge the bullets from a near fleet of pirates, soon my ship was taking tons of damage. I had to shut off all my systems and focus on dodging but the engine wasn't going to last. In the meantime I sent my location out to the International Space Fleet, but I didn't think they would arrive in time to save me, plus who knew if one of the pirates didn't have a communication jammer onboard. 

I turned back on the support system and set my ship to evasive manuevers as i prepared my ship to kamikaze into the leader. I set the self destruct and focused all the power to the engines, going as far to use my only overdrive chip on it. Soon the engine was almost 35% extra capacity and I sped towards the leaders ship. 

Welp, this is how I'll die. Kamikazing into a Steleno pirate ship in the reaches of space. I mean not that I didn't expect to die like this sooner rather then later but it still sucks. Goodbye.

 

 

A fierce blast explodes throughout space and takes out a bunch of ships in the vicinity. It was detected by both armies and but after a few reports about the matter everyone forgot about it as battles were common in the intergalactic. Only one thing changed however, due to the unexpected disappearance of the main mechanic of Armos Incorprotated an influx of mechanics wanted to take his place. The company CEO however continued to wait for his return. 

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm not used to or good at writing prologues

4